Chp6 You Need A Brain To Find The Traitor
290 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Daad... Daad... Daaad... Jiggle!"(Phone Voice)

"Hello!"(A Male Voice)

Not long after, someone answered the phone. Raymond had called the manager of the group from which he had accepted delivery assignments. He used to be friends with the person he called on the phone. He had accepted this delivery assignment from him.

"Denis. There were a few problems with the delivery."(Raymond)

Raymond's voice was calm and determined. There was a look in his eyes that didn't show what he was thinking.

"What do you mean there were a few problems? I said don't take it if you don't trust yourself. Anyway, I'll make excuses for them. Leave it to me."(Denis)

"Don't decide before you listen. I still have the package. I'm just stuck on the road. Also, one of the vehicles you arranged is gone."(Raymond)

"Ha! Fine then. I'll deduct the car money from the fee. If you're stuck on the road, tell me where it is. I'll send someone to pick you up."(Denis)

"I'm in the Loivus area. But don't send someone. Sounds like something is wrong. I can't waste my time. I think someone leaked my route. Who did you get these vehicles set up?"(Raymond)

"Oh! What do you mean someone leaked the route? There's no way this could happen. They're all trustworthy people."(Denis)

"If you say so, was it you?" (Raymond)

"ARE YOU STUPID? Why would I do such a thing. You know, if you fail, I'll be in trouble too."(Denis)

Hearing Denis' answer, Raymond hesitated for a moment. He was right. If the delivery failed, Denis would suffer the most. Raymond felt bad for suspecting his friend. He also noticed that sometimes his head doesn't work very well.

"Haha... Sorry. I guess you're right. I shouldn't have suspected you at all. Ahh..."(Raymond)

"Well, who's close to the Lavinta area?" (Raymond)

"Didn't you just say Loivus area?" (Denis)

"Why would I reveal my location to someone I suspect?" (Raymond)

"Uh-Uhm. Okay. I'm sending it."(Denis)

Raymond kept walking silently as he listened to the keyboard tones on the phone. He had to reach the highway first. His position had already been revealed once. Those chasing him must have thought he was already dead. Since it wouldn't be dangerous anymore, he decided to use the normal roads.

"Hahahahaha... You'll like it."(Denis)

Suddenly Denis' laughter came from the other end of the phone. It was so loud that Raymond's ears rang for a moment. He put the phone away from his ear and waited for Denis's laughter to end.

"What am I going to li-"(Raymond)

"I already sent it. Goodbye."(Denis)

Plug!

'What exactly will I like?'

Ramond was confused. He didn't know what Denis was talking about. But he had a bad premonition. He hastily checked the sent message. And when he saw the contents, he instantly stood up. His premonition seemed correct.

"NO! Does it have to be her?" (Raymond)

Raymond involuntarily shouted. Cold sweat formed on his face. He quickly checked the other information as if his life depended on it. In the message Denis sent, the deliverers that would pass through the Lavinta area were registered.

He didn't want to see the closest person. Other than that person, the closest was five days later. There was no other.

'Can I last five days?'

"Growl-"(Raymond's stomach)

'No. I don't have enough food. I'll either starve or be eaten by monsters.'

The closest person's name was Carla. The reason Raymond feared her, or rather avoided her, was because he owed Carla a lot of money.

The first time he screwed up a delivery, he didn't have the money to pay the fine. That's why he borrowed money from Carla. Afterward, his debt increased exponentially, either due to gambling or, again, failed deliveries. Over time, this debt reached a level that he could not afford, and he began to avoid Carla.

Of course, he would pay her the money. One day he would definitely pay off this debt. In fact, it was this debt that made him accept this delivery. It looked like he could close half of the pipe with all he had earned. So Carla would trust him. That he can pay the debt. But now he had to confront her before he could complete the delivery. What would she say to him?

'I think it's time to give up something.'

While looking at the map on the phone, Raymond decided to give up his dignity and pride. He would even give up his whole being if necessary.

Now that he was in the communication area, he could look at the map on his phone. So he was able to start walking to the main road, which he had roughly located.

He soon reached the road. He was currently sitting on a red rock. He was eating an energy bar. He was looking for Carla's car as he watched the rows of cars pass by.

In the distance, he heard the powerful engine sound. A wave of sadness appeared in his eyes as he turned his head and saw the black Corvette.

'It's finally here.'

6