Chp7 The Big Debt
267 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

He had been waiting for Carla for two hours. His food and drink had already run out. He was even starting to worry a little, that Carla had already come and gone.

He jumped into the middle of the road to stop the car. His appearance caused the black Corvette to slow down. Of course, the car was very fast and was able to stop ahead of Raymond. Then it slowly came back.

The car window slid down, revealing a young woman with stubby black hair, slanted eyes, and red lipstick in the front seat. This attractive woman in her twenties frowned in hatred as she stared at Raymond.

A chill ran down Raymond's spine when he saw Carla's expression. He swallowed hard, then raised his hand to greet Carla.

"He-Hey, Carla! We haven't seen each other in a long time. What a coincidence that we just met. How are you?"(Raymond)

"Where's my money?" (Carla)

"Haha... You know. Ah... I'm on a delivery mission. And I'll make a good amount of money. So, well, I was going to pay you with this. Haha..."(Raymond)

Raymond stopped speaking with a forced smile. His face was already covered with cold sweat. The fear in his eyes was evident.

Hearing Raymond, Carla didn't answer at first. But then with fury, she pulled the handbrake and got out of the car. She came over to Raymond. Raymond involuntarily took a few steps back. Meanwhile, his foot tripped on a stone and he fell to the ground. He looked at the woman in front of him with fear and concern. Carla reached out and grabbed Raymond by the collar and pulled him towards her.

"Haven't been around for half a year. And now you're telling me you're going to make money on delivery and then give me that money? You haven't given me a penny in half a year. Have you saved any?"(Carla)

"Moreover, due to the last deal, your debt has increased tenfold. Now you have to pay 9000 instead of 900."(Carla)

"Ni- nine thousand???"(Raymond)

"Hah! You don't even remember that, do you?"(Carla)

Carla threw Raymond back to the ground, straightening her back. She looked at Raymond with disdain, as if looking at a piece of garbage.

Carla was fed up now. When she first met Raymond, she took pity on him. After all, this young boy had nothing and looked very miserable. His life was also very difficult. That's why she had agreed to help him. She still had some tolerance back then. Carla had even told him about the intricacies of the job. But what did Raymond do? This scumbag had even gone to gamble with the money he had borrowed from her.

"The last time you begged me to pay off your gambling debt, you said to me: 'Give me three months. If I don't pay it off in three months, my debt will be tenfold.' We even signed a contract. I believed you too. I thought I'd give it one last chance. But you even screwed it up. You're really not ashamed, huh. And you dare come and say you don't have any money here."(Carla)

'Oh... now I remember. So it was gambling debt. I had barely escaped from those men. How did it slip out of my mind?'

"Carla. I'm really, really sorry. I'm useless. I'm a piece of garbage. I know. I just didn't get a decent job back then. I didn't have the money and was too embarrassed to appear in front of you. Please forgive me." (Raymond)

Raymond slumped to the ground and apologized. He was in a really pathetic state right now. He was also now an 'Awakened'. He was sure that he would get the money right away. That's why he begged Carla.

"Give me one last chance. I'm sure I'll pay within a month. Please. If I don't pay, we'll sign a 'Service Agreement'."(Raymond)

When Carla heard Raymond's words, she lost her breath for a moment and began to cough. This man was too extreme. The 'Service Agreement' he referred to was a kind of slave agreement. In fact, he was offering himself as a slave to her.

After 'Extreme', naturally, 'Awakened' people saw themselves as superior to others. The world had already become dangerous. There were many ordinary people who went for protection to families and clans of 'awakened' people. This is why some 'Awakened' groups have decided to protect ordinary people in exchange for enslavement. Because according to them, ordinary people were garbage and wasted. They could do whatever they wanted with them. Who would dare to fight back?

Over time, slaves became an indispensable resource for most 'Awakened' groups. So when the Government was formed, enslavement was legalized under the name 'Service Agreement'. Knowing all this, Carla looked at Raymond with a strange look in her eyes. Then a smile formed on her face. Who wouldn't want a slave?

"I guess you have no other choice. I'm still asking, are you sure?"(Carla)

"I'm sure." (Raymond)

"Fine. You better keep your word."(Carla)

There was a reason Raymond was so afraid of Carla. There were many mysterious things about Carla. She could handle most difficult situations easily and Carla has a lot of money. There was a lot Raymond didn't know, but he knew that Carla wasn't simple. Even Denis had advised: that Carla should not be treated casually.

"So tell me. What are you doing here? Why did you block my car? It was like you were waiting for me."(Carla)

Hearing the question, Raymond's eyes hardened. He slowly stood up and dusted his pants. There was no trace of his previous miserable self. Anger rose in him as he remembered what had happened earlier.

8