Chp12 Young Master William(2)
171 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Strangely enough, he wanted to be like him at the same time, although he was afraid of him. A cool young master. How nice it would be. So Raymond, looking at the man in front of him, would speak fearlessly.

After all, Young Master William does not value human life anyway. He lives just for himself. That's why he wasn't going to monkey around with him.

"Lord William, could you hire me?"(Raymond)

"Why would I do that kind of thing?"(William)

'Nice, he didn't reject me right away. That means I have a chance.'

"My Lord, I have a really big debt. I need a lot of money. I would do whatever you want me to do. And..."(Raymond)

"And?"(William)

'There is no mean doubt about anything. If I want a job, I have to specify that I am different than others.'

"I have had 'Awakening' soon. Although my age isn't in the range, I have had an 'Awakening'. And this is my only chance to get a nice job. So, please!"(Raymond)

When Raymond finished his word he bowed ninety degrees before him. William was silent for a while. Raymond, on the other hand, waited nervously for William's answer.

Raymond was counting on two things. First, he is an 'Awakened' that has no group or organization. And that means, his family had no other 'Awakened' until him. Since the children of most 'Awakened' people are also likely to have an 'Awakening', usually the entire family was giving their children to the group they were connected to.

In short, a stray 'Awakened' meant a new 'Awakened' lineage. Finding a fresh 'Awakened' lineage was difficult at this time. Because the only way to have an 'Awakening' in this era was to have a good lineage. That means Raymond was actually quite valuable in a way.

Secondly, the fact that he had an 'Awakening' even though he was past his age made him special. If someone was special, there was a very high probability that the person had a secret. Such secrets were also indispensable for an organization.

'I hope there won't be any problems.'

Despite all these circumstances, there was still a possibility that there would be a problem. Still, William might not have accepted him. As Raymond thought thus, William spoke in a calm voice.

"Give me the package first."(William)

Raymond knew from that tone that there was no way he was going to be hired. Raymond turned away with a sad face. He seemed to have failed.

He put his hand into the inside pocket of his coat and took out the package from the inside and handed it to William. After William took the package from Raymond's hand, he took out a device. The device looked like a black box.

He opened the package. He pulled something out of it and threw the rest on the floor. He put the little star-like white thing he took out inside the device. Then he closed the lid of the device and waited. Then the black box made a noise like 'Biip...'. The red light first came on on the black device. Just when William is about to lift his head and stop looking at the device, the black device had another 'Biip...' and started to emit green light.

This change caused a puzzled expression to form on William's face. He quickly scanned around him. His last glance fell upon Raymond.

"Tell me. Eee..."(William)

"It's Raymond."(Raymond)

"Heh, Raymond. So, tell me. Will you do whatever job we offer?"(William)

'Hmm! What is this attitude change? Did he think I wouldn't make it to the delivery?'

"Yes, I will. Like I said, I need a lot of money."(Raymond)

"Good!"(William)

When Raymond felt pain in his neck, he was going to ask what William want to do from him. His eyes started to darken. The last thing he saw was William's fascinating smile.

6