Chp16 Queer’s mechanism
96 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Raymond had finally settled in. Actually, the inside wasn't as bad as it looked from the outside. It had obviously been cleaned and tidied up before they arrived.

'As expected of Queer.'

Still, Raymond sighed quietly. This huge place was completely empty. There were three buildings on this hill. One is a multi-storey dormitory. One is the chalet-designed cottage he is currently in. He didn't know about the last one.

The ground floor of this two-storey chalet is the hall.

Inside was a fireplace dining table and armchairs. The design was nice even though the items looked old.

Upstairs there were several single rooms. Raymond was staying in one of these rooms, and Xingming was staying in the other. There was no one else around except them.

When she asked Xingming, she said they were the only members of the Lin family.

That's why it was empty. Still, this answer seemed a bit of a fabrication.

After getting dressed in more comfortable clothes, he left his room.

He looked down the railing to the first floor. There he saw that Xingming had placed some wood in the fireplace and tried to ignite it.

She was wearing a white skirt and sweater.

'She looks so normal. Still, what are those slippers and clothes? It doesn't fit her personality at all.'

She turned her head, as if she sensed him looking at her. She had a rabbit print on her sweater. The slippers she wore were rabbit-eared and pink. She even had a small hairpin with bunny ears in her hair. Still, her eyes were very cold.

'What kind of mismatch is this?'

With that thought in his head, he called out to Xingiming.

"Hey Xingming, what exactly is this place? So I know we're in Queer, but what's going on here, how does it work? One thing I'm particularly curious about."

"What's that?" Xingmin, who still had some fear in her, asked coldly.

"What are we going to do next? Are we going to eat and sleep here forever?" He tilted his head back. He asked with genuine curiosity.

Xinming looked at him with confused eyes.

"Doesn't the young master know?"

Raymond shook his head no.

"Of course, the young master will cultivate here."

"Other things?"

Xingming cursed herself to the Lin family. In fact, they did not reveal anything to their successors.

"Naturally, you will be participating in the inter-school exams representing Lin Hill."

"Queer is a research and development center. It's also a battlefield. Here the 'Awakened' are trained to personally experience any situation." She said after a while of silence. Then she lowered her head.

It looked like she was thinking about something.

Meanwhile, Raymond was worried. 'Exams?'

"Also, the young master has to protect and strengthen Lin Hill here. Since he is in Queer, he must also complete the quests from the headquarters and the three great mountains."

Xingming continued to explain.

"So what are these missions?" Raymond, who was starting to worry deep inside, asked.

"Ordinary 'Awakened' missions." Xingmin said as if she was talking about something very obvious.

'What do you mean by mundane tasks?' Raymond really wanted to ask that. But he could only remain silent.

From his conversations so far, this little girl knew him as the true young master.

'I'm sorry Xingming. But I'm just a bait.' He wanted to explain that too.

But he could only remain silent. 'Oh, if not for that deal.'

With these thoughts in his head, he slowly walked down the stairs.

Meanwhile, on the other side, Xingming was thinking differently. Rather, she saw something different.

To her, Raymond emanated an aura that was more terrifying with every step he took as he descended the stairs. He looked more and more terrifying.

A black and red smoke slowly surrounded him. The sound of footsteps became muffled. It was like the drums of an army from hell.

When he got to the middle of the stairs, Xingming realized that she could no longer move.

'Why does it look like this? Why is it so terrible? There is clearly no spiritual energy.'

Finally, she could no longer see the form of Raymond. There were only red eyes and black smoke. Smoke filled the entire room. Screams were constantly reaching her ears. Just as Xingming thought she couldn't take it anymore, Raymond reached the first floor and this image just disappeared as if it never existed. Cold sweat ran down Xingming's back. What happened now? Was the young master warning her?

"Is there anything else you haven't said?" Raymond's calm voice brought her back to reality.

"Ah?" Seeing her young master in front of her, Xingming forced herself to smile. Then she spoke.

"Besides, there are countless hills like this in Queer. Young master has to deal with protecting the hill. This hill represents the Lin family after all. It shouldn't be too hard for you. Hehe."

Hearing her words, Raymond, whom she thought to be the young master, had goosebumps.

'Ehhyk!!! What the hell is that horrible smile? Is she threatening me? She's a scary girl. I must do my best not to disturb her in the future.'

This meaningless relationship that they both feared started today.

There was silence on the first floor again. The cold wind was blowing outside. Apart from that, only the crackling sounds of the wood burning in the fireplace could be heard.

Just as they both opened their mouths to speak, suddenly there was a knock on the door of the building.

"Heey, is anyone inside?"

2