Ch2. New Power, New Purpose
216 2 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As someone who once lived as a noble's son, Lin Shen was used to being surrounded by many women, not chasing after them. Based on this alone, Lin Shen was actually embarrassed to ask Alpha such a question.

Ding!

[Besides the partner's satisfaction level, the amount of Love Points earned will also depend on the identity of the partner. With the same level of satisfaction, the Love Points earned from commoners will be far less when compared to noble women. Therefore, you should look for targets with high status.]

“……” Lin Shen was speechless. It seemed he still underestimated the ruthlessness of his Harem System.

After taking a deep breath and exhaling it, Lin Shen chose not to think about it any further. Right now he needed to focus on other things.

Thanks to memories unification, Lin Shen knew that he was in the Hundred Lightning Forest. He came here because Blackwood Academy was recruiting a thousand talented teenagers to become outer disciples. But unfortunately, the old Lin Shen was ambushed by some people and killed.

'There are only good things if I join Blackwood Academy. Alright. Then I have decided.'

Lin Shen was serious about his thoughts. The results of the exam would be determined by the number of beast cores obtained so he rushed to find their lairs.

As Alpha said, today was the fifth day of the fourth month, while the test was held for seven days starting from the first day. Since the exam would end in the next two days, Lin Shen had to move at least three times faster than the other participants if he wanted to become a disciple of Blackwood Academy.

So, Lin Shen moved swiftly under the thundering sky, towards the deeper part of the forest. On his way, he was startled by someone's shout.

"Go away! Leave me alone! I will report your actions to the elders if you don't stop!"

After approaching and hiding behind a tree, Lin Shen saw five people in the distance. Four young men with lewd expressions were surrounding a frightened girl. The situation was quite clear. Lin Shen didn't need to be a smart person to understand it.

'Hmm? Isn't that ...'

Lin Shen smiled coldly as he recognized one of the young men. He was Gui Yi, one of the three people who killed the old Lin Shen.

At the scene, Gui Yi revealed a disgusting smile as he approached the beautiful girl. "Miss, stop struggling in vain. I just want to make you feel the happiness above the clouds."

One of Gui Yi's companions then said to the others, "We'd better not disturb Brother Gui."

"Sure. But after Brother Gui, it should be my turn!"

"Haha! I have no problem with that. Let's go!"

With his three companions gone, Gui Yi no longer held back. He caught the girl before tearing the cloth at her shoulder.

"What a smooth and refreshing skin! I love it!" Gui Yi was losing his mind more and more, but he still encountered a bit of resistance.

"Stop! Please stop!" The girl continued to struggle and started to cry, trying to escape from Gui Yi's grip.

"Shut up and be a good girl! Otherwise, don't blame me for being too cruel!" Gui Yi threw the girl aside, then started to take off her pants.

The girl was getting panicked. She would rather die than be harassed like this. So, she grabbed a nearby branch, then broke it before thrusting the end into her own neck.

Gui Yi was shocked, but he could hardly move because his pants were only down to his knees.

But right before the tip of the branch touched the girl's neck, suddenly, someone appeared and grabbed her wrist. Both Gui Yi and the girl choked up as the other party's movements was too fast for their eyes.

Who else could this person be if not Lin Shen. He smiled mysteriously before saying something to the young girl, "There are too many beautiful things in this world. Don't die too soon, okay?"

This change in situation made the girl feel dazed for a moment. However, Lin Shen's masculine voice seemed to have a calming effect that she subconsciously hugged Lin Shen and cried.

"Please ... please help me ...."

Lin Shen pushed the girl's shoulder and replied, "Don't worry. I have a personal grudge with this person after all."

“This voice ...” Ever since Lin Shen appeared, Gui Yi was stunned in place. Even though at this moment he only saw Lin Shen's back, Gui Yi knew that it was him.

Lin Shen on the other hand stood up, then turned around and said, "We meet again, Gui Yi..."

"You... you... shouldn't you be dead already?" Gui Yi froze in place. He looked at Lin Shen, but Lin Shen just smiled indifferently and didn't say anything.

"No way, this is impossible ...." Gui Yi continued to shake his head vigorously, and subconsciously stepped back, but he fell backwards because his pants were only halfway down.

At the same time, Lin Shen approached Gui Yi with firm steps. It was only at this moment that he said "I know, but someone wants me to drag you into the afterlife."

Gui Yi's brain was still busy with various thoughts when Lin Shen swung his right leg, delivering a kick as heavy as a mountain to Gui Yi's left cheek. As a result, a cry of agony echoed through the air as Gui Yi was thrown far back. He only stopped after crashing into a large tree.

With a look filled with terror, Gui Yi's mouth slightly moved as if he was about to say something. But in the end he drooped limply to the ground and fell silent forever.

However, instead of feeling relieved or something like that, Lin Shen felt confused. Previously he only wanted to teach Gui Yi a little lesson before killing him in a vicious way. He never expected that a simple kick from him could kill Gui Yi who was at the sixth stage of the Body Forging realm.

'Is it because of Extreme Yang Physique?'

Right at this moment, Lin Shen was taking a leather pouch from Gui Yi's corpse when the girl stood up and bowed humbly. Based on the girl's observation, Lin Shen's strength was at least in the eighth stage of the Body Forging realm. There was no way someone as strong as Lin Shen would join Blackwood Academy's recruitment.

"Senior, thank you for saving me." The girl wanted to say more, but Lin Shen suddenly darted towards her and carried her on his back.

"Sorry for being rude, but we have to leave before his friends come."

Lin Shen hurriedly left after seeing the girl nod with a red face, and when Gui Yi's companions arrived, their faces were filled with disbelief. They never thought that death would strike Gui Yi today, let alone in such a horrific way. Gui Yi's jawbone had been completely shattered, and his collar bone was broken so that his head drooped at a strange angle.

"What happened? What exactly has happened in this place? Who dared to kill the young master of the Gui Clan?"

"Shut up! We must leave this place immediately. Rong Chu, pick up Big Brother Gui's body. We'll go to the Gui Clan residence. Then you, go to the academy. Tell Elder Yi about this incident. But remember, never say anything about Lin Shen or that girl."

"Understood."

Meanwhile, Lin Shen and the young girl hid in a small cave that they found by accident. The girl's face reddened even more after seeing Lin Shen's handsomeness from a close distance. In her eyes, Lin Shen's physique was too perfect. She even felt weak just by smelling his manly scent.

Ding!

[Charm Points +10]

[Charm Points +10]

Lin Shen felt like he had a heart condition and then relapsed. The System Notification rang too loud in his head. Even so, he was also happy because he obtained 20 Charm Points. He knew it was all due to his good looks, not because he had saved the girl.

"You should be safe in this place. It's not that I don't want to take care of you or take you to the edge of the forest, but I have to look for other beast cores." Lin Shen told the truth. Even though he had obtained some beast cores from Gui Yi's pouch, but there would be no loss if he searched for more.

Lin Shen's words made the girl's jaw drop to the ground. She couldn't believe what she was hearing.

'So this handsome man is one of the examinees? With that kind of power? Where did he come from? Why didn't he go to a better and more prestigious academy? What's so good about Blackwood academy?'

Like most women, the girl was able to ask a thousand silent questions in an instant. He had just woken up from his reverie when he heard Lin Shen stepping out.

"Wait!"

Lin Shen turned around and asked, "What's the matter, Miss?"

"Don't call me that. My name is Zhang Yifei from Lanling city. I'm also taking the same exam as you."

Lin Shen nodded and replied, "I am Lin Shen, nice to meet you. If Miss Zhang doesn't mind, I will leave now."

There was only two days left for the exam. As much as Lin Shen wants to collect Charm Points or even Love Points from Zhang Yifei, he had to put the exam first.

On the other hand, Zhang Yifei took out some beast cores and thrust them to Lin Shen. "Here are eleven beast cores. You can take as many as you want. I know it's not much, so if you want to ask for something else, I won't complain ... at all."

"Miss Zhang, this is ...." Lin Shen felt awkward. He would be the dumbest man if he didn't understand what was implied in Zhang Yifei's words.

Just like Lin Shen, Zhang Yifei was no less awkward. She never expected that she could be such an aggressive girl. Zhang Yifei didn't know what to say, so she just kept quiet with a face as red as a watermelon.

Seeing Zhang Yifei suddenly turned into the most timid girl, Lin Shen decided to take one beast core, then spoke in a seductive voice, "I'll consider this one beast core as payment for carrying you on my back, while the debt about the Gui Yi incident, well ... I'm pretty sure you can read my mind. No regret, okay?"

5