Prologue – Awakening
125 5 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Don't expect anything out of this world amazing, I just wanted to try this idea out after reading so much of it.

Moments ago, I was sitting at my desk, going through some boring school assignments.

And then, as soon as I blinked my eyes, I found myself in a completely different location.

At first, I thought I was hallucinating, but as I looked around, I became certain I was in a foreign room.

The room was small and cramped. There was a shabby mattress on the damaged wooden flooring. The single light source hanging from the ceiling was starting to dim, and the walls were tainted with dark stains.

Oddly, there was a uniform hanging on the wall. It was pristine and looked quite expensive, forming a stark contrast to the run-down room it was in.

Without a doubt, this was not my bedroom.

Confusion overtook me, but I had no time to sort out my thoughts.

[Welcome to Chronicles of the Sovereign!]

A white screen appeared in front of me, almost causing me to jump in fright. I rubbed my eyes in disbelief, but the screen did not go away.

'Chronicles of the Sovereign?' 

Why did that name sound so familiar? I tilted my head and mustered all the functioning brain cells in my head, which probably didn't amount to much given the situation that had caused them to overload.

It took a few seconds until it finally dawned upon me that it was the name of a game I had played previously.

It was a game centred around a certain boy and his rise to prominence as he is embroiled in the hidden schemes and machinations of ancient organisations and evil forces.

As a person well-versed in novels, I was well aware of the concepts of reincarnation and transmigration. Like most readers, I had at one point imagined myself undergoing the same experiences these main characters would.

However, fantasising about and actually experiencing them were two completely different things. And I, for one, never expected something like this to be real, much less have it happen to me.

Hence why a bit of me still doubted the situation I was in.

And so, I tried the only thing that anyone in my situation would do. With a somewhat hesitant voice, I said aloud, "Status."

< Status >

「Kainis Drayfar

[Strength: 3.0 (F)]

[Agility: 3.2 (F)]

[Endurance: 3.1 (F)]

[Magic Power: 2.5 (F-)]

[Luck: 2.0 (F-)]

< Skills >

[N/A]

< Gift >

[? ? ?]

<? ? ?>

<? ? ?>

[ ? ? ? ]

Overall Combat Potential: F

The welcome message blinked out of existence, and in its place, a larger screen appeared. I was taken aback.

"What the fuck?"

Those were the only words that came out of my mouth.

I looked at the name displayed on the status page, 'Kainis Drayfar'. 

He was a mob character doomed to be the protagonist's stepping stone, one of the very first at that. Chronicles of the Sovereign was a game with multiple instalments, I had only played the first two. And besides appearing at the very beginning as someone to oppose the main protagonist, he was quickly killed off-screen with a brief mention in the future. Truly a mob character.

I sat there for a couple more seconds, speechless.

Didn’t this mean I was fucked?

With unsteady hands, I reached for my face and patted it checking to see whether my appearance had also changed. This was a common trope found in these scenarios. But simply feeling around my face told me nothing. So I threw the thin blanket draped over me to the side and stumbled off the mattress, almost landing face-first into the ground as I got caught in it. Thuds echoed as I rushed to find a mirror in the room, I was in.

The first place I checked was the bathroom, obviously.

On the cracked and dirty mirror, I could see my reflection. Messy black hair, sharp features but overall a slightly above average face. 'Phew.' I was shocked and relieved at the same time. My appearance had not changed, but then the question of why my appearance did not change arose.

Did my body get transported, or did I become the character?

I turned on the tap and splashed cold water onto my face. The cold water helped to calm me down.

Without bothering to wipe my wet face and dripping hair, I walked back into the room and collapsed onto the mattress seeing as there was no chair in sight.

Looking at the light hanging from the ceiling, I noticed it was not your standard light bulb, and the light came from a glowing crystal. Next to the uniform was a sword, and from the looks of it, it was not decorative in nature.

I couldn't feel any of the excitement I thought I would feel when I fantasised about this. I closed my tired eyes. But unfortunately, there was no time for me to slowly digest the circumstances I was in.

Another bright screen appeared in my vision despite my eyes being closed. I blinked once, then twice, but it would not go away.

It read,

[Main Scenario]

[Enter Exia Academy]

From this alone, I could tell I was in for a bumpy ride.

1