01: Reborn as a Desert Dungeon
976 9 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Andromeda tumbled through space, through the tunnel of a nebulous void, and slammed into a crack in space-time which looked like the one in which Perseus had originally passed through. Not at all a graceful sort of passage, either ― this was a chaotic tumble with arms and legs waving like his had been, for her having little to no control on her facing. Except when she saw the end of the tunnel coming nearer; she would hit head-on ― to pass through scalp first and land from there.

Slamming into this point of space/time which passed from one dimension to another, she'd had the most minute of sense of ― for a fraction of a second ― being an immaterial being, a formless spirit entity. And to then be forced into her new form, but yet the forward momentum would still take over; she'd have to deal with where or how she would land, before seeing herself.

On the other side of this crack through space, she shot out ― not straight down, but horizontal to the ground floor, still nude from head to toe, skidding and tumbling indelicately along a hard rock ground. It didn't feel so good, to skid her boobs and stomach and hips along the stony ground like this. Some of her past clients liked to play with pain ― giving or getting it ― but no, she wasn't into this kind of rough foreplay.

"Ouch ― oh Perseus. Couldn't you have given me more warning?"

This catty voice ― it didn't sound like her, yet the voice was hers. Definitely more feminine even than her past voice; she was suddenly jealous she did not have this as a sensual voice earlier in her sexual life.

"Sorry; I don't know how to set the landing," came a sheepish acknowledgement from the other side, as the portal faded and diminished in size. "Password to this dungeon core is, four zero four-"

But after the dimensional crack popped at last, no more words came. Distraught in how she missed some key words, she focused on something else ― her surroundings, this room, herself. Either that, or the '404' erratic ending could mean something more humorous in his attempt. Eh ... would he use her to confuse his former lover (if she were watching)? Andromeda would (if she could admit hating her last boyfriend this much).

"Aah, nyah; alright then. Where are we?"

She struggled to a position of sitting on the ground, and looked down, inspecting herself. Naked obviously, with something ... different about herself. Aside from various scrapes, she was strangely alright. Her tail-

"I have a frickin' tail, nyah-?!"

Indeed she did, but without the thick luxurious hairs her cream coated cat's was, back home in the apartment. Although nude, her skin seemed to grow fine grained hairs, from head to toes. The skin underneath the hair was more pink than her normal human skin had been ― whereas her soft fur was a cream color like her former cat's; this hair seemed to have room to grow. In this instant, she looked like nothing but a bipedal human ― humanoid female body with cat ears on the head, fur shaved close to her skin, but no obvious whiskers. Her generous mane of hair was growing more golden hue than cream ― Perseus gave her the looks of an Egyptian cat goddess.

In a matter of a couple days, her fur might have grown in so well, she might not need clothes at all; just the regular grooming. She might only ever need to wear a short skirt and a length of cloth around her chest, and she could otherwise remain naked as all get out, all day long. Hmm; this might simplify her wardrobe, so much. Memories of grandma once chiding her for running so nude through her garden, aah oh boy she really did that too, didn't she, even at eleven years old too, dragging her embarrassed older brother along with her as well.

Oops, that might have been a reason her brother later jacked off calling her nickname too.

"Nyah. I seem to be a catty race, now," she said to nobody and anybody who heard her. She felt as if it her face was the same shape as her human one, just feline ears on top. She touched her breasts, all six of these firm mounds, each of her nipples still tender from an abrasive landing. Somehow she got the feeling these 'hardly there' tits could stay so flat, until and unless she got pregnant ― just a feeling rather than certainty. Feeling a faint tickle from the playful caress, her belly showed her silky soft treasure trail of incoming hair. Touching further down to her intimate feminine crotch, the electric buzz grew more strong at her caress.

"Hnya," she purred, her tail curling around her waist at her own touch. At a single finger stroking the clitoris, and then ever so gently inserted into the folds of her own love canal ― she felt the barrier of a hymen there. This much seemed normal, yet strange; after all her sexually free life on Earth, why would she need to revert to virginity in this world?

'Good thing my fingers do not have claws like kitties do, or I would be in danger of scratching my itch in the wrong way-'

Using her experienced fingers into the outer lips of her own pussy, she got to the point where she knew she'd cum if she continued this. But the sense was far too good to stop or even pause; she persisted to stroke herself until her final release, until she squirted her juices in ecstasy out across a stone floor. Yet she stroked herself more, feeling her whole lower half shudder and arch in the air, until this sense of carnal pleasure subsided.

She had been driven mad by the hint and promise of lovemaking with other beings in this world; but she did enjoy, every, single, second of it.

  • Hidden condition met: committed an act of intimate pleasure within a certain time limit of being brought to a new world.
  • Acquired the ability "Fingers of Pleasure (I)".
  • Activities related to performing intimate acts upon oneself or others gain a 5% boost to all statistics (stacks).
  • Hidden condition met: acquired a sexuality related ability.
  • Unlocking the hidden ability "Blessed Fertility Management".
  • Due to the short time in which this became activated, "Fingers of Pleasure (I)" upgrades to "Fingers of Pleasure (II)".
  • The boost for ability "Fingers of Pleasure (II)" will give 10% to all statistics during similar intimacy.

This sexy time taken care of, she rolled away from the puddle of her own erotic stains ― surprised at the sheer amount of fluid ― looked around the area, intent on her surroundings. She could smell the scent of her own sex act, wafting all over the room now.

'Ooh boy, I hope nobody but Perseus was watching this-'


In what Perseus told her, a dungeon could grow to 2 kilometers per side ― length, width, height ― before further growth would be impossible. This 8 cubic kilometers of dungeon, up to 200 floors and thousands of rooms, could hold danger for any adventurer, but was home to a dungeon master and any bound minions. Perseus once had this dungeon filled out in floors, and many rooms in those floors; but, she would not be starting with this whole size. Her domain would be one floor, 4 meters tall, by a square size of less than 80 by 80 meters, with a few rooms set up already.

Perseus had arranged his dungeon in fifths ― a fifth of its width and length, as separate rooms, each 400 by 400 meters. The center fifth was further divided into fifths, at 80 by 80 meters, and again a third level of recursion in the center square, 5 by 5 rooms, for each one being 16 meters to a side.

But this room Andromeda came in ― to more than one sense of the word ― seemed to be the dungeon core room. Larger than 16 meters per side, but much less than 80 meters per side. This dungeon core room must be the central room of the innermost 5 by 5 units of space, in the innermost arrangement of rooms. As she concentrated, her dungeon management skill kicked in ― she saw the raw metrics of the room itself.

This room's walls, ceiling, and floor were roughly hewn out of stone which came from even deeper underground at this location. If the land above was truly an open desert, then this must be far down underground; about 50 to 100 meters? Andromeda wasn't so keen on science, but she thought she recalled reading once, an average depth of a desert's sand usually didn't extend below 30 or 40 meters of ground. And below the sand, it turned to soil and then rock maybe. But sand couldn't turn to soil so quickly at such a depth, and soil did not turn to rock either for several more tens of meters. Maybe one tenth of a kilometer underground at this place? The deeper this was, the further she would have to climb to reach the surface ― or make a ladder or stairs of some kind. Or, elevator?

How did Perseus do it with the depth under the ground? Aha, he did not. Using his deific power, he probably just would 'teleport' himself to wherever he needed to be. But for Andromeda ― she did not have this ability, nor would the adventurers who would come to test themselves upon her dungeon. Something else to think about; she'd have to make it easier for the dungeon invaders to come in here ... uh, that sounded so wrong ... and yet oh so right babe-

The room sat square in shape, a mini cavern of sorts ― shy of 16 meters per side, 4 meters tall ― a door centered on each of the 4 walls, and a door in each corner, facing inward. Each door seemed to be two and a half meters high. From the direction the space tunnel had ejected her into this room from her world, the dungeon core orb hovered in a shielded space. Two pillars ― one on the ceiling, one on the floor ― extruded from each horizontal surface, a fourth of the way to the center of the barren room. One meter square at the floor and ceiling respectively, they tapered to a quarter meter at an approach to the core orb. Andromeda had the feeling, if the orb were to expand, the pillars could size themselves to fit. The dungeon core itself, a one decimeter sphere the sole light source ― flawless, smooth, transparent ― was a faint glow she sensed more from a source of energy called mana drawn in and absorbed, not light poured out. By this light effect, she could "see", though no true light appeared to enter this room.

The room scale being about what Perseus had told, the whole first floor must be a four kilometer square area ― it would be up to her to expand it.

"Well, I at least will thank you for the gift of a dungeon, Perseus. I will make it a proper home and base of operation."

  • Obtained hidden skill package "Demigod's Dungeon Blessings"; synching target with a dozen skills and abilities.
  • For recognizing a dungeon domain as something granted to you by a deity, you are given this first level package.
  • The package holds many core dungeon abilities and mana affinities which a new dungeon master may need to live.
  • To synchronize this gift with the dungeon core, just walk up to it and touch it; the effect will start immediately.
  • Any dungeon minions may also gift or receive skills or abilities to a dungeon core by the same manner as the DM.

Standing, she called up her own status screen, to see what she could see of herself. She couldn't before without Perseus to do it ― for one reason, she was incorporeal for much of the time; for another reason, she did not receive this skill package until this last status message. Some holdout in case she at the last minute chose to "back out" on the deal.

This following spoiler is imperfect, only take a look if you forgive the 'broken layout' nature of it. Some day I will "fix" it all again.

Spoiler

(As a footnote, I only wrote in her 'defaults' of 10 for the stats, only placeholder values for now, til I figure out what's what. 'Derived' stats use the physical+mental stats in formulaic proportions; not necessary for the plot yet though.)

CHARACTER IDENTITY AND STATUS SCREEN
Name/Identity:
- Alias: Andromeda Champion
- Born: Andrea Romina Edan
Level: 1 (0/100 xp)
Race: Beastkin / Catkin / leopard heritage
Gender: female
Character Points/Stored Values: {hidden: hp, mp, dp, fp}
EXTENDED DETAILS SCREENS AND SYSTEMS
Actionable/Buttons:
- {Abilities} {Affinities} {Professions} {Skills} {Titles}
- {Conditions} {Equipment} {Inventory}

CORE ABILITIES AND STATISTICS
Physical:
- CONS:10 (0/100)
- DEXT:10 (0/100)
- HLTH:10 (0/100)
- STRN:10 (0/100)
Mental:
- INTL:10 (0/100)
- LORE:10 (0/100)
- PERS:10 (0/100)
- WILL:10 (0/100)
Derived:
- AEST: 0.0
- ETHC: 0.0
- LIFE: 0.0
- SPIR: 0.0

CORE AFFINITIES AND MAGICS
- Air: 00 (0/100)
- Earth: 00 (0/100)
- Fire: 00 (0/100)
- Water: 00 (0/100)
- Info: 00 (0/100)
- Dark: 00 (0/100)
- Light: 00 (0/100)
- Space: 00 (0/100)
- Time: 00 (0/100)
- World: 00 (0/100)

CORE PROFESSIONS AND SPECIALIZATIONS
Professions:
- Blessed Demigod's Apostle. You are a blessed presence for your chosen deity. Any skill used for the benefit of this benefactor gains 10 percent bonus.
- Blessed Dungeon Mistress. You are a blessed presence to the minions of your dungeon. Interaction with your minions gain 20 percent bonus favor. Interactions with beasts or monsters may gain 5 percent bonus.

CORE SKILLS AND ACTIONS
Skills/Apostolic:
- Blessed Greater Analyze (Lv 1, 0/200) -- (usable anywhere/unblockable) Examine things. Others cannot see your status without an equivalent ability.
- Blessed Greater Healing (Lv 1, 0/200) -- (usable anywhere) Heal up to major mortal damage; may recent death state {(SQRT(ETHC + WILL + INTL + SPIR)*2)}% chance.
- Blessed Greater Skillifier (Lv 1, 0/200) -- (usable anywhere) Extract from and impart to an individual, any skill ranked less than Blessed; max {SQRT(ETHC*1000)} XP needed.
Skills/Dungeon:
- Dungeon Layout Management (Lv 1, 0/10) -- (usable in dungeon/invisible outside) As in "Blessed Dungeon Layout Administration"
- Dungeon Minion Management (Lv 1, 0/10) -- (usable in dungeon/invisible outside) As in "Blessed Dungeon Minion Management"
Skills/Environs:
- Ecological Biome Management (Lv 1, 0/10) -- (usable in world) Modify a land's properties; costs {SQRT(SQRT(SPIR))} MP per m<sup>2</sup> air volume, and {SQRT(SPIR)} MP per m<sup>2</sup> land volume

--HELPSYSTEM/SCRATCH/TEMPORARY/OTHER--
Abilities:
- Blessed Dungeon Layout Administration - add/modify floors, rooms, and infrastructure within the home dungeon; costs 1 MP per cubic meter, 10 MP per room, 100 MP per floor.
- Blessed Dungeon Master Shopping Net - purchase or sell dungeon upgrades, objects, minions, and knowledge; prices vary, certain items discounted up to SQRT(ETHC) percent.
- Blessed Dungeon Minion Management - summon, train, command, and evolve dungeon minions for your dungeon purpose
- Blessed Ecological Zone Management - control the environment of a surface biome or ecological area up to (HLTH*2 + WILL*2)^2 meters squared
- Blessed Fertility Management - manage the fertility of oneself or others touched, enable/disable the release of ova, sperm, etc. either permanently or for a time
- Blessed Infinite Inventory Space - store and retrieve a nearly infinite amount of nonliving matter; stored matter holds its state indefinitely
- Blessed Language Acquisition - automatically obtain the language of any one of your dungeon minions and overworld followers who speak to you
- Blessed Mapping Display System - automatically display a map of where you've been; range is SQRT(WILL + INTL/2)*10 meters radius
- Blessed Skill Management Acquisition - usable only in dungeon & environs; acquire skills by defeating opponents or by mutual agreement
- Blessed Skill Management Bestowal - usable only in dungeon & environs; excludes 'blessed' skills; bestow acquired skills to followers & minions
Titles:
- Apostle of Perseus - agree to become a helper to the demigod Perseus, and act in his behalf
- Desert Dungeon Master - become a dungeon master over a dungeon in a desert biome
- Fingers of Pleasure - pleasure yourself or someone else, shutting out all but a situation
Points:
- DP:0; FP:0; SP:0

(Blessed Skill Management acquisition/bestowal superceded by Apostolic Skill entry "Blessed Greater Skillifier".)

[collapse]

There, she saw ― somehow more than she expected, but less than she desired. She noted these details, committing them to her memory as to who she was in this life. Everything was as she thought from all these system messages; the first thing she inspected was how she could have up to three professions total, but the first is already selected. Its level one state was as she could expect, but whoa ― the experience curve to increment a single level was definitely on the high side.

On the second pass, she clicked on various parts of her status screen ― Perseus had said it could be controlled by thought, instead of touching with her finger. For titles, abilities, and affinities, she got no response; maybe they were not meant for a mere mortal such as herself to tinker with them. But at the professions section, she obtained and opened a new screen, for selecting from various other professional templates. She saw so many, she thought it better to wait before picking something which wouldn't be as helpful until she got a better handle on her whereabouts. The screen hinted if more than one profession were obtained, the order of them could be managed ― if she wanted one to appear her primary profession ― but this too was something to explore later.

The skills sections also had a fair amount of purchasable skills, many of which had high costs. The apostolic skills were nearly unreachable by cost alone, though they might be earned or granted via other means.


Andromeda saw she was beginning this life with zero dungeon points, zero follower points, and zero skill points to spend; so any dungeon follower or skill management must wait a while.

"Hokay, you happy go lucky pussy cat. What next?"

As if on cue to answer her question, a new series of messages appeared.

  • Hidden conditions met: ask your deity for direction within a specific time. The response might not be of immediate benefit, but may be beneficial in continued existence.
  • Acquired the ability "Blessed Quest System Receiving". Your chosen deity can now send you quests which you should complete. Quests may have variable conditions or rewards.
  • Acquired the ability "Blessed Quest System Granting". This allows you to grant others (followers, minions) a Greater Questing System, so you can complete quests via many ways.
  • Note, only some lesser parts of quests sent to you can be sent to others; any quests given to you should be mostly completed by you yourself, with only some outside help.

Also, a letter popped into the air before her, and fluttered down toward the floor. She reached for it, and read it through.

  • 'Andromeda, I think this will be easiest for me to communicate with you for some time, because my interaction to the world is still limited. While quests which may appear from time to time are all tasks I believe will help you, of course you still have free will. You can view the quests as somewhere between optional and recommended; consider fulfilling them, if you have the means to do so. Also since I have an inventory space, I have been storing your possessions in this apartment of yours; so I believe when you bring me along I can return the things you own from this world to you; at least what is "allowed" for Lastop. Just a small service I want to do for you, plus a reminder of how I will truly be looking out for you. Sorry but I ate all the chocolates though ... so they don't go bad. I do apologize if this first quest chain you will receive seems like a lot; but it is for the purpose of ensuring you keep trying to gain control over the wilder parts of the dungeon.'

She grinned; it wasn't something she had expected, or not even something Perseus had informed her was possible, earlier. Yet, it was a refreshing change from the prostitution lifestyle she had been living just a day before this. The only 'quest' from then was in finding and servicing her next client. By all means, if these dungeon quests were possible, she would try to complete them.

"Nyah- I really wanted more chocolate though. Hey wait they don't go bad!"

Ok so maybe not perfect for the quests assigned either; just take it as plot and don't mind the dust-

  • Main Quest Chain: "Investigate Your Surroundings, Make The Place Your Own" (0/17)
    This dungeon is the layout you begin with. Many rooms are simplistic, but they may be modified or upgraded in time. The comfort factor by default will be low in the beginning. Why not look around all of the rooms and see what you can see here?
    Besides the dungeon core orb room, this inner layer of the dungeon has 24 more rooms: Dungeon Master's Private Suite, Dungeon Master's Personal Office, Dungeon Master's Kitchen, Dungeon Master's Dining Parlor, Dungeon Master's Private Library, Dungeon Master's Research Chamber, Dungeon Master's Medical Ward, Dungeon Minions' Mental Training Center, Dungeon Minions' Physical Training Center, 4 Dungeon Minions' Barracks, and Dungeon Minions' Lavatory. But for starters, just focus on the fewest ones, nearest to you.
    To survive or even thrive, familiarize yourself with your surroundings; then return to the core and hold your hand upon it. This is your path to ensure you have a place, and a beginning of a proper dungeon facility.
  • Quest Step: Explore the Dungeon Master's Core Office.
    Even a dungeon master may need an official place in which to conduct business. This room does the trick, divided up to four quadrants; one part personal office, one part secretarial, one part lobby or waiting room, one part storage or multipurpose use.
  • Quest Step: Explore the Dungeon Master's Dining Room.
    The dining space is where you and your dungeon inhabitants may consume your meals. A primary layout seats up to forty individuals, five tables of eight seats, plus standing room and other seats around the outside walls. Upgradable features: additional table, economy sized toilet/washroom, table upgrades to seat ten.
  • Quest Step: Explore the Dungeon Master's Library Wing.
    This room is for education, entertainment, or socialization for the dungeon master and dungeon minions outside of the different dungeon floors. It contains four tables, six seats each; two sofas with three seats; four rows of bookshelves; and more.
  • Quest Step: Explore the Dungeon Master's Medical Ward.
    This room handles medical care and physiological maintenance facilities for dungeon minions; this is for the health and wellness of any individual within the dungeon proper. It contains a medic's office, a minimal diagnostic and treatment room, and a recuperation ward ― all of which should be operated by an experienced medic.
  • Quest Step: Explore the Dungeon Master's Meeting Room.
    This is a parlor and general purpose meeting room, for you and your minions. For when they are not at work, not asleep, and not eating ― even the minions need a place to relax.
  • Quest Step: Explore the Dungeon Master's Private Suite.
    The dungeon master's suite may be minimal comfort, but is still better than what your minions will have; for now, enjoy these things as if you own them, because you will. The bedroom quadrant has a bed, closet, nightstand, and access to the master bath; a dinette zone has a fridge, stove, food prep surfaces, and table with seating for six; the office quadrant holds a writing desk, two work tables, and loveseat; the guest and entertainment zone contains coffee table, two sofas and a curio cabinet. How much more do you need?
  • Quest Step: Explore the Dungeon Minions' Main Barracks x4.
    Each dungeon minions' barracks can hold up to 32 beings in double bunk beds, and four small tables with four chairs each for comfort. Each minion has plenty of room to move around to their bed; but no excess space ― you don't want them to become too comfortable, do you? Nah, keep 'em working.
  • Quest Step: Explore the Dungeon Minions' Mental Training Center.
    This is the place where the dungeon master can train minions' mental properties, to seek the best result. Sometimes this will be due to teaching them from skill books; other times it will be through general dialog and communication. At all times, it will work based on the intent of the one teaching, and the intent of the one being taught.
  • Quest Step: Explore the Dungeon Minions' Physical Training Center.
    This is the place where the dungeon master can train minions' physical properties, to seek the best result. Sometimes this will be due to teaching them from skill books; other times it will be through general hand to hand lessons. At all times, it will work based on the intent of the one teaching, and the intent of the one being taught.
  • (Locked) Quest Step: Explore the Dungeon Master's Main Kitchen.
    This is a decent kitchen space, useful for food preparation and ingredient storage. It contains various cooking equipment and utensils for meal preparations for thirty servings or more at a time. The dining room needs somewhere for all the ingredients to be turned into prepared foods, and this is the place where the food magic happens.
  • (Locked) Quest Step: Explore the Dungeon Master's Research Lab.
    Double, bubble, boil, and trouble ― oh sorry, different type of research. Though the end result might be the same. Research into magic, spells, skills, and other bits of knowledge for use goes here.
  • (Locked) Quest Step: Explore the Dungeon Master's Storage Vault.
    A dungeon acquires, and requires, lots of items and objects. Often a dungeon master's control of dimensional storage is the easy solution; other times some object does not need to take up space within the personal inventory space. Using a separate space to store things is the end result.
  • (Locked) Quest Step: Explore the Dungeon Minions' Lavatory.
    This room is used for the common bathing, showering, and personal beauty care for the dungeon's minions who reside in the south and west rooms. Two corridors ― one running north to south, the other running east to west ― bisects the room layout; the four quadrant rooms handle bathing, toiletry, grooming, and more.
  • (Locked) Quest End: Return to the Dungeon Core Orb Room ― Tutorial Quest Completion.
    Since you have explored all the existing inner rooms and cleared them, the final task in this quest chain is to go to the dungeon core's crystal, to touch it. The tutorial quest chain is then marked complete, and a new tutorial quest chain added.
  • Rewards:
    40 XP; 20 DP; 10 SP; title "Thorough Explorer"; random 3-5 gib (1 gib = 1000 dungeon coins)

Well ... this was all a lot of details to take in; the first quest chain she just received had so many parts. Thankfully, it all looked easy ― just walk into some rooms and complete the quest parts; she just hoped those rooms were clear of danger. For some of these room descriptions ― like the dungeon minions' barracks ― both shared the exact same text; maybe this indicated a lot of quests were based on a template somewhere? Somehow, she did not think they were all going to be directly typed out to her from Perseus without some deific copy/paste process.

On closer inspection, the first dozen are all she could start with; so which one? Based on their descriptions, the first few may be all she could access, from here. Three are for dungeon minion usage (the barracks and the dining room), and one is for the dungeon master (private suite/bedroom). Eh, master or mistress, same thing. Andromeda fought back a giggle, to consider calling herself "Mistress of the Dungeon".

The second set of four rooms apparently only unlock after she finished the first four rooms. Again, three minions' rooms to one master's room. A master's library might be something to see, if it had a selection of books to read. The other three being the minions' clinic, kitchen, and lavatory; it seems even a minion must eat, heal, and use a toilet.

'Anyway ― even if this dungeon is not activated yet, what sort of danger could an unarmed naked lone female catkin like me have to face? On second thought ... no, please do not answer this.'

14