Magical Object
15 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

For this one we were giving random prompts and genres and had to write a story about what we were given. I got "Write a story about a magical object" as my prompt and "Action Adventure" as my genre. 

 

I was abandoned in the forest next to a beautiful river, the scenery looked so nice when the rain fell. But too much rain can cause a flood and destroy the forest. This beautiful place lost forever, gone goes the deer, the birds and boars who lived in the forest… and me. The floods swept us away, tore down trees, and ruined this beautiful place. 

 

Years go by and im still here, sunk in the middle of the river. The water so clean, the fish so pretty. But not a single ray of sunshine can reach me. Years keep passing and the days go by until I realize. That I can see that, I can move, it seems I have become something new. My porcelain skin, so white and fragile. My hair is back so blonde and bright. My eyes are green, my face is rosy. And the life is within me.

 

I lift myself up, I try to escape. The water so clear, so undisturbed, my struggle goes unnoticed. I call out to my friends, the deer, the boar, the fish that once surrounded me. But no one responds. The deer don't come, the fish swim away. I struggle, and struggle and try to escape this water, stuck forever at the bottom of this river. Years go by, once again my struggle forever endless. 

 

The sky turns bright, something new to me. Rays of sunshine touch my skin, my struggle finally noticed. The water disappears. Slowly, my escape is near. I can feel it in my hair. The air so fresh, so nice and cool. The ground beneath me and the sky above me. I walk and I run and jump so high. I can hear, I can see, my voice calls out to my friends. The deer appear, the birds fly by. The boars do whatever boars do. 

 

I make my way through the forest. Down and over, under and around. The trees, the hills, and through the tunnels. I walk and I run and take rests by the trees. Days go by and my legs keep going. Soon I make my way to a place, tall walls surround weird structures and things walking like me go in and out. Periodically people walk by, holding sticks so sharp they could get hurt. I walk down to go see, these weird things to me and they stop and look weirdly at me. I stare up at them, they stare down at me. I open my mouth and ask them what's wrong, they don't respond at all. 

 

They look around, and wave their arms, sounds coming from their mouths. More things run to us, surrounding me, their pointy sticks pointed at me. I look at them confused, an unknown emotion wells up in me. I try to leave, back to the forest, and back to where I came. But the weird things strike at me, their sticks breaking my legs. I crumble down, oh so slow and fall onto the ground.

 

I scream out, and wave my arms, begging them to stop. They throw down their sticks and run to grab me. Im stuffed into darkness, my sight taken from me. I shake, and bounce, my porcelain skin crumbling away. I don't know how much time has past, what feels like years go by. The pain I feel, the darkness in my eyes. I struggle and struggle, and call out to my friends. Bad thoughts come back, my time stuck in the water. I pray and I beg to not leave me there please take me out of this bag. 

 

The light shines down, Im grabbed once again. A new place, more things surrounding me. I shake my head and call out. “Please, oh please what have I done wrong? Why do you hurt me, I cannot walk, I cannot run, my body forever broken.” The things look shocked, they smile and wave. I wave back. They pick me up, oh so gently and hold me to the sky. The light so bright I close my eyes. And rest peacefully.

 

Then I feel weightless my body falling down. I hear laughter and open my eyes. There I see them smiling at me, as I crash and hit the ground. My body breaks down, my head rolls off, and my arms are shattered my porcelain skin, gone. They smile and wave, and laugh and cheer. I cry and scream my voice oh so clear. I beg them why? I beg and beg. But nothing but laughter and cheer. 

 

The light fades away, and the sound disappears. The ground rumbles and shakes, and the weird structures fall down. The things and their sticks breaks and crumbles, their eyes darkening. 

 

I opened my eyes to find myself safe. My body is back and I can walk, run, and jump. I look  around the crater so big, those things gone forever. They should know, a possessed doll is never too friendly or nice. I laugh and laugh, just like them I cheer and smile and wave. Their souls disappear, into my body and I grow.

 

My legs get longer my skin feels real. My heart now beating, and my lungs now breathing I laugh and laugh. My wish has come true, I am alive and ready to go. I walk away back into the forest, now I am human. 

 

~ The End ~

3