Chapter 11: Great! There’s More!
319 4 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

So… let’s sum up what’s happening, bandits, cultists, and a random guy from brother Al’s sword. It sounds a little strange but doesn't mind the last part. 

Okay, yeah… my wording was a little…. 

Anyhow…. We’re screwed, aren’t we? 

As I watched the situation play out, a cultist appeared before us. He had black armour since dark = evil, right? 

Yeah… he looks quite like the ruffin but also like a paladin that’s gone corrupt? I mean… I don’t know how to describe the cult man, really…. 

Hyahahahaha!” the man creepily laughed, “What a great harvest we have here!” he then shouts, as he’s movements are a little twitchy and erratic.

Gosh, WTF!? This guy is one hell of a creep! 

As the man laughed like a maniac, even the bandits looked terrified. I don’t know why, but has it to do with presence? We’re inside the barrier. Maybe that’s why I didn’t feel the presence of that red-eyes Hilos guy earlier…. 

As I thought that, my [Eye of Concept] visualised that very presence I thought of. 

Holy crap!? 

That guy has some weird flame-like aura surrounding him that reaches the treetops. Is that like… mana of some sort? 

It's dark and sinister… 

Now I’m curious about brother Al’s….

Huh? there’s… little? We’re fucked….. 

In an instant, he moved close to brother Al and tried to cut his head off, but the attack was blocked, repelled, and later kicked away by brother Al. 

You know what? If I’m gonna comment on this. I’ll make it a little easier for myself…. 

Tch! You! insolent! Why can’t you see I only want to offer you to our wonderful god!?” 

Al didn’t say anything as his eyes were lit blue, his expression still and emotions gone. I suppose he doesn’t find any need to speak to the cult man…. 

Somehow… that’s not very anime, is it? 

HUH!? Dammit, you’re that guy who beat Den, aren’t you!?” The cultist cried as his sword clashed with Al’s water blade. “Well! That guy’s getting old, and you’re just a poor little rascal!” 

Still… even after he said something important, Al still didn’t say anything…. 

Brother Al… so ‘cool!’ 

Then all of a sudden, more cultists arrive and start to chant some spells from a distance. 

‘Gasp…’ 

Crap, does brother Al know this!? 

A-away, far away, there are people chanting magic or supernatural things!” I cried. 

Brother Al's eyes met mine briefly as he turned his attention on the cultist, repelled their attack and had some water thread pull them away as a blue squared barrier surrounded them. 

In the next instant, blue light flashed as the surroundings melted around the barrier. The cultist—he lived through the attack as he broke through the barrier with some black flames. 

Tsk! Curse you, Electro Mages!” the cultist yelled. 

…somehow, this cult guy is really strong, huh….? 

I’m pretty sure that that electrical attack was the same as the one from yesterday night, and that killed a supposed B-Ranked monster…. Of course, I don’t think brother Al is lying that it was around that rank… but it’s still hard to believe. 

And then, a beam of a dark and ominous light came our way as the cultists finished their chant. It tore through the forest at high speeds as the cultist jumped up to dodge the attack. 

Al stood still in front of us and raised walls of ice, but… they were melting one by one as the attack melted our surroundings. 

And this was the first time, but I saw his aura leak, which was more massive than the cult man… I see, so it leaks with the use of powers? 

I didn’t notice this sooner since I paid more attention to the spell rather than brother Al…. 

Then the guy with red eyes came back. He did some sort of sword slash, as his aura was the largest by far. 

....Holy…’ I muttered as the red-eyes slashed open the fabric of space itself, redirecting the attack. 

I look away for a few minutes, and you’re almost dead?” the man said. “Why am I even babysitting?” He asked and sighed. “And it doesn’t help that you’re creepy when you’re like this…. If Amethely saw you like this, she’d run for sure!” 

….wow, that’s a little harsh… but I do find this version of brother Al… scary….

Wait… I should just call red eyes Hilos…. 

“...That’s a little harsh… besides… Ame wouldn’t run from me….” Brother Al responded as his eyes became normal. 

Hahaha, you’re right! If someone’s running, that’s you!” Hilos said as he laughed. 

Hilos then turned his gaze at us. Most of us were dumbfounded and quietly watched, or well… some even curled up, and Miss Hilda was hiding in my chest, shivering and scared. 

Julia was kind of like me, watching with wide-open eyes while holding the hem of my shirt. 

Al then turned to us, saying, “Sorry, this is a little… dangerous…. I promise to get you to safety.” 

Wooow, how reliable and cool! I might’ve fallen for him! If I was a girl, that is! 

Wait… if Miss Hilda were to look it that way… ahhhhhhh, nonoono… I… I’d be fine if it was brother Al…. Hell no! I just need to become cooler myself! Wait, what Am I saying!? I’m sure that Hilos mentioned someone called Amethely, sounds like a girl’s name to me! Yes, I bet on that! 

‘Huff’ Hilos snicked as a response,  “Says the guy that almost always dies.” 

…I somehow get the picture, so… I’m not the only unlucky one! Brother Al is as well! Great! I’m in the same boat—like hell it is!

I’ll have to deal with things like this living in this world!? C’mon, give me a break! Oh… right, the bandits have all died…. That kinda slipped my mind, honestly.  

And as Al and Hilos casually spoke to one another, the cultist came back down, looking furious as he shouted, “Damn you! Why is a powerful void master like him here!?” 

Then, as if he’d noticed something, he smiled wickedly, “Well then… we shall part and meet again, Saint Amethely’s lover… if you live, that is. WahahahauwaIa!” the cultist laughed as he flew away.

…I have so many questions, but why is he running away? 

Of course… I found my answer soon as some cultists were running our way, and though [Eye of Concept], a Pale Mimic chased as it relentlessly sliced through them one by one, heading our way. 

….there’s no way… right? 

“Hey, boy,” Hilos said, referring to brother Al.

“Yes?” brother Al replied. 

‘Tsk.’ Hilos clicked his tongue. “That’s a class AA,” he said. 

...Right….” brother Al replied. 

“Give me more mana,” Hilos demanded. 

“Mmm,” Brother Al nodded as Hilos’s aura grew massive as he then entered the barrier and sat down with us.

He got benched…. Wait, that’s not the point! 

After hearing about their conversation and brother Al joining us in the barrier. My face went pale as I realised the severity of the situation. The creature then appeared before us, and Hilos blocked its first attack, sending ripples across the forest and blasting trees away. 

Mind you… these trees are massive! 

Now… that’s no mimic, is it…? Don’t tell me it’s an actual Armoured Death Blade!? 

8