48. Inside the cave – Part 2
24 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Kieran followed the scent of the rogue vampires lingering in the air while Gavin followed him closely. At one point, they entered an intersection where they had to take a turn. This time, Kieran did not even have to rely on the scent. He heard roars of laughter echoing through the cave the moment they started moving again.

A sardonic smile graced Kieran's lips as he picked up a few pebbles and rolled them along his palm before he started to play with them. He knew exactly what he was doing while Gavin just stared at him, puzzled.

Gavin was just about to question him about it when he heard Kieran laugh all of a sudden, startling him with his unexpected action. He was uncertain as to why the King had started laughing. But he sure trusted him. So, he just watched him silently, waiting for the men to leave their hiding.

Kieran's menacing chuckle reverberated through the cave, overpowering the other vampires' laughter, and soon, only his laugh filled the place. The other vampires had stopped laughing. Now all that remained was for them to come out and confront the intruder.

Barely a moment had passed when more than ten vampires entered Kieran's sight and his eyes turned cold in anger. He stared at the man leading them, an obvious scoff leaving his lips.

Kieran had decided to hide his true self in front of the rogue vampires, not wanting to give them the pleasure of finding out the identity of the person ripping their bodies apart until they bled to death. He was already without a mask and all that remained was for him to hide the color of his eyes.

Kieran stood facing the rogue vampires, showing them his true face. But none of the men recognized him as the King of Rothnia, who could end them instantly. Nor did they know that he was the man they had been trying to hide from all these years, the man who could send them to hell forever.

"You must be bold or foolish to come to our den alone." The leader remarked with a smile as he observed Kieran with narrowed eyes. His normal colored eyes betrayed his identity and the man assumed he was a human Gavin had brought with him.

"And you must be stupid and brainless to even think of attacking the people of Rothnia when you know how the King of Rothnia is." Kieran shot back with a smirk. His words only riled the rogue vampires and they took a step forward in anger. While Kieran stood still, waiting for them to strike first, Gavin was not that calm. His fear had increased tremendously, and he hoped for the King to end all of this and help him find his mother.

"Are you the King's underhand? Do you even know who the King is?" The leader continued while the men behind him just chuckled in amusement.

But the one who was actually amused the most was Gavin. Though he had no idea what the King's plan was, he sure was enjoying the game he was playing. All his worries vanished gradually as he focused on what would happen to the rogue vampires once they found out the truth. What would happen to them once they found out that they were speaking to the King himself?

"Let's just say I am someone the King has sent to take care of all of you," Kieran stated with an air of mystery around him, and for a moment, nobody from the group of rogue vampires knew what to speak. Instead, they gaped at him blatantly, completely forgetting their initial intentions.

"As I said before, all of you here are just brainless." Kieran sneered and this got them out of their trance.

"What are you all waiting for? He is just disrespecting us. Take him down before I kill you all." The man in the front roared, making Gavin flinch at his harsh voice. He had never heard such a disgusting voice before and to think that he was with this hateful man, obeying his orders all this time, made him want to kill himself in misery.

The men did not even have the time to register what had happened for even before they took a step towards Kieran, their leader had fallen dead. They stared at the man before them in horror and turned to look at their leader, who had a hole on his head from where blood was oozing before it stopped altogether. Immediately, their eyes shifted to Kieran's hands to find him playing with pebbles with a satisfied smile.

"One down, nine more to go. Who wants to go next?" His intimidating voice fell on the rogue vampires, and for a moment, they did not know what to do. They just stared at him wide-eyed.

"Does nobody else wants to come forward and fight me?" Kieran sneered triumphantly. "As I had said before, you all are cowards. Let me make this easy for all of you and end your misery soon." He ran his eyes over the nine people, observing them and their body language.

While his eyes were focused on one man, his hand aimed at the other, taking down all the eight men with the pebbles he had in his hand. It took Gavin by surprise to see the King's precise and perfect aim and he did not even have to use his powers as he had on the streets to deal with his companions. All he had used was his strength and to handle the men who had sent tremors down his spine since they had taken him into their group.

"What do we do with you?" Kieran walked towards the only vampire remaining in the group as he played with the pebble in his hand, his eyes not once looking at him. But this alone was enough to send the man dropping to his feet as he started to beg for mercy.

"Please let me go. I am completely innocent. Please." He begged and Gavin had the sudden urge to roll his eyes at his overt lie.

"Why do I not believe you?" Kieran stated and looked at the man who had his head bowed before him. "Were you not laughing with the others, who right now are on the way to hell, when they insulted the King and me?"

"I was stupid, as you said before. I did not know what I was doing. Please let me go this once. I promise I will not step into Rothnia again." He started to cry and Kieran sighed at the mortified man with an unimpressed face.

"Although I do not promise you anything, I will only let you go on one condition." He continued and again resorted to playing with the last pebble on his hand, immediately making the man scramble towards him.

"Please state your condition. I will do anything you want. I promise." He did not hesitate to take this opportunity to obtain his freedom. He was even willing to cut his limbs off if the man before him asked for it in exchange for his release.

"Since you have promised, I expect you to keep it. All I want is for you to tell me where Gavin's mother is held captive and you will gain the freedom you desperately seek."

0