49. Inside the cave – Part 3
18 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Kieran's captive stared at him dumbfounded before his eyes drifted to Gavin. He was in disbelief to think that Gavin had betrayed them this way, but he did not blame him for this. Who in their sane mind would let the people who captured their mother go unscathed? What stunned him more was that he had returned with a man capable of sending his entire group to hell in a short span and all he needed were a few pebbles for his aid.

Gavin did not show any changes in his expressions whatsoever, allowing the man to fear and doubt him as much as he wanted. Even though the man before him had not been proactive in torturing him when they had brought him to the cave after capturing him, he had not stayed still either. He had joined in the fun and urged him until he begged for blood.

The group of rogue vampires had turned him against his wishes and to make him taste his first sip of blood, they had tortured him until he had become weak. Only when he could no longer survive, they placed a glass of animal blood before him, the scent of which compelled his strong mind to give in and drink it eventually.

Since then, Gavin had hated all the men solely responsible for his misery, including the man before him. To him, all the vampires who had put him and his mother in agony were enemies and he wanted nothing more than to watch them suffer and die a painful death. He just stared at the man before him spitefully before turning his gaze away.

"Shall I presume your silence to be your denial to reveal where Gavin's mother is being kept hidden?" Kieran's menacing voice echoed through the silent cave, and for a moment, the man kneeling on the ground felt himself shuddering in fear. After witnessing what his captor was capable of, he did not doubt what would happen if he refused him.

"No, no, no. I will lead you to her. Please let me go. Please." He begged, his eyes turning red, showing how frightened he was. But Kieran ignored his state. He had already decided what to do with him once he led him to Gavin's mother. He would let him go for sure and ensure he would not hurt another innocent again.

"Led the way." That was all Kieran said before the man stood up and started walking in the direction from where he had emerged before.

Gavin was surprised to see him walk in this direction, especially when he knew there was no path leading anywhere. He was quite skeptical about following the man, but he had nothing to worry about with the King beside him. Eventually, he walked behind the King, his frown not leaving his face the entire time.

The rogue vampire turned back occasionally to see if the two men were following, though he hoped for them not to. At least then, he could escape from the monster who had killed the other vampires in his group. But to his misfortune, the two men were close behind him, not allowing him to escape their sight even for a moment.

Gavin's frown only deepened as they ventured deep inside the cave. He had not explored the area before to know where they were going. He had only covered a few areas secretly to find out where his mother was kept hidden and this was not one of them.

'How did I miss this route?' He wondered as he looked around him. But he could not come up with any possible conclusion.

Kieran sensed the apprehension from the boy behind him. But he did not say a word, walking in front of him silently. Though he disliked the constricting space they were in, he could do nothing about it. They had to find Gavin's mother before it was too late.

From his experience and knowledge, Kieran already had an intuition that his mother would not be alone. She would be guarded closely and he would have more rogue vampires to deal with. So, he was prepared for it. When neither Gavin nor the rogue vampire noticed, he picked up a few more pebbles, ready to take action when required.

The three men soon reached a small opening that led to another cave. They had to bend their heads to enter it, especially Kieran, who was taller than the other two by at least a foot. A familiar stench of blood hit him as soon as he entered the cave. Although it was not as strong as the one he had felt before, it still made him frown in worry.

Kieran's heightened sense of smell and hearing enabled him to hear the heartbeat of the only human in the vicinity. Even though her breathing was low and her heart was beating slowly, Gavin's mother was alive and that was all he needed for now.

Now that he had found out where Gavin's mother was, there was no use for the rogue vampire in front of him. So, he decided to let him go. He twisted his fingers slightly and that was all it took for the vampire to drop to his knees in pain and start coughing blood. He stared at Kieran in horror, complaining silently for not keeping his word. He was just about to voice his complaints when Kieran twirled his fingers, making the man cough out more blood.

A twisted smile landed on Kieran's lips. Though he did not speak, his eyes conveyed what he wanted to say. His eyes clearly stated that he had kept his share of the bargain and had let him go. There was no use blaming him when he was completely innocent.

The rogue vampire could only widen his eyes in fear before dropping dead. His body turned white and charred in an instant. But neither Gavin nor Kieran was there to witness it. They had walked past him towards the destination they had in mind, leaving the dead body to rot.

0