50. Past encounters – Part 1
17 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Gavin had never been to this part of the cave and he was as careful as ever as he followed the powerful man in front of him. But soon, his eyes changed colors as his thirst increased when the scent of blood hit him. It was too strong to ignore and his face morphed gradually as he started to succumb to his cravings.

Keiran sensed the changes in the boy behind him and he stopped suddenly. This was not good. Just like Gavin, he also smelled the scent of blood, and to whomever it belonged, the person was still alive. He could not allow the lad to lose control of himself, not when he had an inkling that the person inside was the lady they were looking for.

Kieran turned around suddenly and faced Gavin with such intensity in his eyes that the boy lowered his gaze instinctively, his respect for his King forcing him to submit. Yet, his desire for blood was still evident and Keiran's eyes softened.

'The lad is definitely strong-willed.' He commended and nodded lightly.

"Gavin, look at me." Kieran's voice was soft yet commanding and Gavin did not hesitate even for a moment. Why would he when he was under his King's control?

"I will use my powers on you and control your mind. This will stop you from going desperate for blood." His expression relaxed and he took a step closer to the boy who was looking back at him attentively without putting up a fight.

"You will be in pain and I want you to fight it. Remember," He pressed the boy's shoulder lightly. "We are here to save your mother, not kill her."

Gavin nodded in response and barely had he done so, his eyes dazed and they lost focus. He was now entirely under Kieran's control and command.

"I am doing this for your good, boy. But I do apologize for the misery you will be going through next." Kieran smiled faintly before he turned around and walked inside the cave, with Gavin following him expressionlessly.

Inside, the stench of blood was stronger than ever and Kieran heard the boy behind him groan in pain. Ignoring him, he raised his palm, and the initially dark cave was illuminated immediately. While the fire danced on his fingers, Kieran's eyes moved toward the lady chained to the cave wall. Her hair covered her face while her entire body was sagging forward. She resembled nothing less than a corpse if not for her faint heartbeat.

"Stay here," Kieran ordered the boy, even though he would not dare move a step without his permission.

Kieran approached the woman who had fallen unconscious long ago. Blood trickled down her limbs and lips and bruises marred her face. Kieran had no doubt that her body too was filled with them.

He leaned forward and held the woman's arms. Slowly, he started to heal her using his powers. Although he healed her wounds, he could not remove the marks on her body. But at least, she did not reek of fresh blood anymore.

When he was done, Keiran sighed and unshackled the woman, who still had her eyes closed. She had not responded even once, and the moment she was freed from the chains, she toppled over, her body losing its balance.

Kieran was quick enough to catch her and laid her down on her ground before he parted her hair to look at her face. But the moment he did so, his eyes flickered in recognition. Memories of the past came flooding back to him and he closed his eyes in despair.

It took him a long time to calm himself down and when he finally did, his eyes finally snapped to Gavin, who stood motionless in his place. While his face was still expressionless, his eyes were red and glazed.

"Come here, Gavin." He commanded and the boy got walking before he kneeled beside his mother.

"Your mother is alive but weak. She needs to recuperate well and I will make sure she does. Do you trust me?" Kieran queried all of a sudden and Gavin looked at him astounded. He was now not under the King's spell and his eyes immediately darted to his mother.

"Do you trust me?" Kieran queried again and the boy nodded at him. He had no reason to do otherwise. The King had saved him and his mother. He was indebted to the formidable man for life.

"Good. Let us go back first and when you and she are fine," Kieran's eyes lowered as he observed the woman with his brows narrowed. "I have some questions to ask you."

Gavin did not know what his King had in mind. Yet, he accepted his order without questions.

"Hold on to me, boy. Let us leave this disgusting place first." Kieran picked up Gavin's mother and looked at the lad, who held his elbow lightly with uncertainty.

Kieran did not give Gavin any warning and in just a blink of an eye, they reached his castle. They were in the throne room and Seymour was waiting for them.

Gavin blinked once, twice, thrice before the truth hit him. Everything was so surreal, but it was the reality and he had to accept it even if he felt it to be a dream.

"Your Majesty," Seymour came running to him as soon as he saw his King and Gavin appear suddenly before him.

"Call for the physician and get her checked. Let me know once you are done." Kieran ordered and Seymour got to work immediately, not questioning him even once.

Kieran may be a monster, but he knew otherwise. The man had a heart of gold. He was a king worthy of everyone's admiration and respect and Seymour was glad he was working for him.

"Gavin, stay back," Kieran instructed and nodded at Seymour, who closed the door after him, leaving his King and the boy to converse in peace.

"Your Majesty." Gavin bowed deeply at the man who had pulled his mother from the grim reaper's clasps. He was filled with gratitude towards him and his expression eased now that his mother was out of danger. "Thank you for helping my mother and me. I am indebted to you for life. I," Gavin kneeled on one knee all of a sudden, and Kieran raised his brow at him, understanding right away what the boy was up to. But he did not stop him.

"Gavin, pledge my loyalty to you, my King."

Kieran noticed that the boy had not spoken his surname, but he did not question him about it. Instead, he stepped forward and helped him to his feet.

"Before everything else," He picked up a chalice from the table beside his throne and handed it to him. "I need you to drink this."

Gavin's eyes darkened when the delicious scent hit his nose and he fidgetted in his place uneasily.

"Do not fight it. You need it to stay alive and...to keep your mother protected. Drink it and then..." Kieran stopped momentarily, "I have some questions to ask you."

0