Prologue
1.1k 4 32
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

That. Goddamn. HURT!

I reach out to touch my head and I realize that I don't even have a body.

 What is going on here?!

...

Zero. That's my name. I'm 22 this year, or at least I was. I've never had a girlfriend, even though all my friends have one. 

I don't have an interest in that kind of stuff.

I'm.. a little weird. I find life quite meaningless and boring. Not in the "I want to die" kind of way, but in the "there's nothing fun" way.

It feels like there's an invisible barrier blocking me from the rest of the world. On one side is everyone else, but on the other side is just... me.

And so, after I graduated from university I wanted to attempt to light up my interest in life.

I've gone and done all the things that people wouldn't normally do. Things like mountain climbing, skydiving, haunted house exploring, deep-sea diving--- heck, I was so desperate that I've even worked as an assassin! 

Unfortunately, nothing really worked. I mean, it worked for like a few hours, but afterward, it felt meaningless.

And so, when I was about to give up and just spend the rest of my days freeloading, a. freaking. meteor. landed. on. my. house!

Laozi  just wanted to find something fun in life, and let me tell you. DYING BECAUSE I WAS CRUSHED BY AN INSANELY HEAVY AND OVERSIZED ROCK ISN'T FUN AT ALL! IT'S CALLED PAINFUL!

So, that's how I ended up here.

I honestly don't really mind dying, after all, I don't have any connections back in my world. My friends come and go, they were just there for the sake of being there. I was an orphan ever since my parents died in a plane crash when I was at the age of 5.

If I had to name one thing that I would miss, then it'll probably be.. food?

I looked around and I seem to have landed myself in a completely white room with nothing.

Is this heaven?

Am I going to stay here for eternity? 

Hell naw! I might as well just die that stay in this lonely and desolate place with nothing!

Oh wait, I am dead.

[Hello Host~ Welcome to your system space!]

Wut??

[Zero, you are my host and I am your system. In other words, I am your helper. We will be traveling to many different worlds and experience them together. Sounds fun right?]

Okay, okay, okay. Stop. In front of me was this white fluff ball with two eyes...?

'So.. basically I'm transmigrating to many different worlds?'

[Wow, host is so smart! Yup! I am the Villain System 005 and I will accompany you as you travel to different worlds to become a villain!]

'... Uhh, why a villain?'

[Idk lol]

'.-. Okay.. so what do I do as a villain?'

[Oh, your job is really easy! You just travel to different worlds and act as a villain. In the end, you have to let the protagonist kill you! Once your task is complete, you'll gain reward points.

Points are used to purchase things starting from food and water to Indestructible God Artifacts!]

After 005 was done talking, I saw a screen pop up in front of me and I saw a few options:
System Mall
Resting Space
Learning Area
-Rest are Locked-

Hmm, these are pretty much self explainable so.. yeah?

'Right... Don't I have stats or stuff like in those standard RPG games?'

[Of course you d--- HEY! Don't insult this poor innocent little system and compare it to those lowly RPG games! Huff! Hmph, here are your stats:

Name: Zero
System: Villain System 005
Age: 22
Experience: 0 / 1000
Level: 1
Soul Strength: ??? System Error ??? 
Luck: Infinity
Intelligence: 300 (aka IQ)
Charm: 150 
Physical Strength: ??? System Error ???
Titles: N/A
Abilities: N/A

(The average soul strength, charm, luck and physical strengths are 30) 

Ehh? System error? I've never had this with my previous hosts? Host, you just have to bear with it for now, sorry!]

'Whatever. Hey 005. What's my first world going to be like?'

[Glad you asked, host! The first world is a... cultivation novel!

This world is set up to be in a cultivation style. The different levels in cultivation are:

Qi Refinement: Low, Intermediate, High, Peak
Foundation Building: Initial, Intermediate, High, Peak
Core Formation: Initial, Intermediate, High, Peak
Nascent Soul: Initial, Intermediate, High, Peak
Spirit Transformation: Initial, Intermediate, High, Peak
Spirit Division: Initial, Intermediate, High, Peak
Void Refining: Initial, Intermediate, High, Peak
Immortal: Initial, Intermediate, High, Peak

The protagonist's name is Nan XiSheng and he was orphaned at the age of 5 due to the death of his parents. He fought through many life and death incidents just to live one more day. That was how his life was going until the day the Celestial Sect started recruiting disciples from the capital. Nan XiSheng was selected, but because he was trash that had 5 spiritual roots, he was bullied a lot. In this world, there are 5 main types of spiritual roots: wood, fire, earth, metal, water. Even though the fact that someone has spiritual roots is already pretty rare, if you had 4-5 spiritual roots, you were considered trash with "false spiritual roots" and it would be impossible for that person to cultivate immortality. Only those who have 3 roots were considered "true spiritual roots". There are also those who are the sons of heaven, like story protagonists, who have heavenly spiritual roots. As long as you have these roots, cultivation will become very easy for you. The last category are spiritual roots that don't belong in the 5 main types, but instead are evolved versions. There are cases of roots evolving into ice, lightning, light, darkness, ect. 

Nan XiSheng the "trash" was actually someone who had heavenly roots and a one in a billion centuries royal dragon bloodline. Yes, he had all 5 spiritual elements, but that's due to his bloodline and that wasn't all he had. The magic crystal didn't detect the other elements in his body, because he actually had all evolved and non-evolved elements. Only god knows the reason why the crystal malfunctioned. 

The villain of this story, also known as the role that Zero will be playing, is named Liu Feng. He is a senior brother in the Celestial Sect and the proud successor of the Sect Master. He has the legendary heavenly spiritual roots that even immortals would envy and stood at the very top. When Nan XiSheng entered the sect at the age of 13, Liu Feng was 15. Due to the work of god, (again) Nan XiSheng was chosen as a disciple of the Sect Master. You have to know, Liu Feng was the only disciple that the sect master ever chosen and everyone thought that he'd be the only one. But something called Nan XiSheng happened, and the spotlight got shifted onto the protagonist. 

Out of humiliation and jealousy, Liu Feng, who had never encountered any sufferings (or so they though) ever since he joined the sect thought that Nan XiSheng might be a threat to his position. So of course, he bullied him. During the following year that Nan XiSheng was there, Liu Feng beat him and made others scorn and laugh at him. One day, he went so overboard that he directly pushed the protagonist off a cliff during one of their training sessions. However, Nan XiSheng, having the protagonist's halo and all, managed to live and happened to awaken his sealed royal dragon bloodline along with the heavenly spiritual roots. From then on, Nan XiSheng who barley survived, limped back to his house to cultivate. Unexpectedly, in only one night, he jumped from Intermediate Qi Refinement Stage straight to Initial Nascent Soul Stage. It takes a normal cultivator at least 150 years to reach there, but it only took Nan XiSheng one night. Even Liu Feng, who has the heavenly spiritual roots is only at Intermediate Nascent Soul Stage.

Nan XiSheng was delighted at the news and swore to make Liu Feng and all the others' who had wronged him pay back 100 times what the owe. He kept playing the pig to eat the tiger and endured Liu Feng's bullying, while secretly cultivating at night. Finally, during the sect tournament that was held a year later, Liu Feng, who everyone thought was going to win, was beaten the so called "trash" Nan XiSheng. He also revealed his true strength, which was already Peak Nascent Soul Stage by then, and astonished everyone. 

From then on, things started going downhill for Liu Feng. His junior sister, whom he pursued, fell in love with Nan XiSheng and was the first to enter his harem. Later on, Liu Feng was demoted to an outer sect disciple because his bullying deeds were found out and the "reliable" sect master never came out to help him. That's how the previously high and mighty Liu Feng became the target for the center of bullying. On the other hand, Nan XiSheng was busy collecting harem beauties and advancing in cultivation. It's been 5 years and Nan XiSheng became a legend who only took 7 years to go from Qi Refinement to Late Stage Void Refining. He has hundreds of ladies in his harem, whereas Liu Feng was dropped into despair. 

He fiinally sunk into madness and lost himself to his inner demons. He then became a demonic cultivator and jumped straight to the protagonist's level. Liu Feng slaughtered over half of Nan XiSheng's harem and that greatly enraged the Nan XiSheng. He battled it out with Liu Feng and after a long, tiring battle, the protagonist was victorious. He captured Liu Feng and publicly executed him by making him swallow poison which slowly dissolves every part of your body from the inside out, starting from your core (where all the cultivation is stored). It's excruciatingly painful and it was said that Liu Feng's cries were heard all night. After 10 or so hours, the villain was no more. From then on, it became an era or peace and Nan XiSheng lived the rest of his life with his harem beauties. 

Main Mission:
- Act Like Accordingly to the Plot

Side Missions, Liu Feng's Wishes:
- Find out about Liu Feng's greatest secret, the one that he never knew about when he was alive
- Protect Liu Feng's Older Sister from Harm]

'.-. Wow... what a ... crappy story. That Liu Feng is a total asshole, but Nan XiSheng is no better. If you're going to collect a damn harem, protect them better. Don't let half of them get killed off just like that! In the first place, how did Liu Feng even manage to kill so many?! Demonic cultivation is a really scary thing T^T'

[Nothing I can do about it host~ Sorry. I already think it's pretty lucky you got a B ranked world as your first world... wait.. WHAT?! YOU GOT A B RANKED WORLD? BUT... ALL HOSTS START OFF IN AN F RANKED WORLD! Oh god, uhh... let's just say host's luck is both good and bad. If you manage to complete this world, the rewards are plentiful, but if you fail, you'll be thrown into an S ranked punishment world! In a punishment world, you don't get any rewards, but who gives a damn about rewards at this point?! There's a super low chance of surviving in a punishment world in the first place. If you can get out of there alive, you're truly blessed by the god of luck!]

'Ugh I'll just wing it then... On the other hand, there was no mention of Liu Feng's older sister in the main story.. so does that mean I have to experience that part for myself?'

[Yep! Host is going to get thrown back to when the original host was 5 years old and hasn't joined the sect yet. For convenience's sake, I'll pass on some of the previous host's information onto you, okay?

Processing....

Ding! Information Loaded!

Liu Feng was born in the Royal Phoenix's family. Just like how Nan XiSheng had the bloodline the royal dragons, phoenix's were on par with them. Liu Feng was actually born from a mistress that his dad was attacked when he was drunk. That's why Liu Feng was considered as trash and an illegitimate child. He had 5 brothers and 3 sisters and he was the youngest of them all. All his brothers and sisters were born from his father's first wife, and he was the only one born from a mistress.

He has the legendary heavenly spiritual roots, so why was he considered trash, you ask? Well, heavenly spiritual roots were something every phoenix and dragon had to have, or you really were the garbage even among trash.

Originally he only had his mother, but she died when he was only 3 from malnutrition and mistreatment. Before she died, she left him with a pendant that Liu Feng always wore. Afterward, he was bullied and beaten until all his bones broke over and over again. 

During those hell like times, only his seven year older second sister, Shi LanHua, took care of him and protected him as much as she could. If she didn't do so, Liu Feng probably would've died already. Shi LanHua has a different surname from Liu Feng because he took on his mother's name while she took on her father's name. 

Unfortunately, the dragons and phoenix's got into a big battle when Liu Feng was only 10 years old. In that period of time, Liu Feng's whole "family" got exterminated, but so did a whole lot of dragons. 

Just when we was about to get stabbed to death by a dragon, Shi LanHua who came and blocked him from danger, died in his place. At that time, he could only feel endless despair and madness. 

A little while later, he was picked up and adopted by the Celestial Sect master, and the following events happened. Throughout all this time, he only had one goal and that was to do everything and anything to survive in order to get revenge, even if that meant hurting innocent people.]

'Wow.. what a sad backstory.. Nan XiSheng's is practically a joke compared to this. Wait, that's not a good thing! That means I have to go through all this abuse in the place of Liu Feng?! QAQ'

[Sorry Host~ I'm going to give you the Beginner Package so hold on tight!

Gifting Beginner Package x1:

15%

34%

56%

82%

99%...

Beginner Package Received!

Open Package?

--> Yes

--> No]

'Sure, why not'

[Beginner Package x1 Opened! You received:

Basic Healing Pills x5

Basic Strengthening Pills x5

Cultivation Manual x1

Lifesaving Pendant x1

You have received the items in the beginner package. Please choose a skill to learn before entering your first world.

SKILLS:

Cooking
Martial Arts
Disguise
Pill Concocting
Beast Taming
Calligraphy and Arts
Dancing

Everything stated above is useful for the world you're about to enter, once again, please select a skill.]

'Uhh, well I already know how to cook, I even won the ProChef award.. Disguise? I worked a lot on that when I went to be an assassin. Martial Arts? Nah, sounds really boring. I also learned Calligraphy and Dancing out of pure boredom before. 

Beast Taming sounds nice and all, but you can just beat them into submission so I don't need that. Ehh.. I guess I'll just go ahead and give Pill Concocting a try?'

[Alright, Host I have opened up a spacial portal for you. Please go in and learn how to make pills with your instructor.]

'Alright~'

[Uhh... I told Instructor 003 not to go too hard on you.. so... Good Luck and don't die! orz]

'?'

- Inside the learning space -

003: [ Hello I am Instructor 003 and I will be teaching you how to concoct pills. If you can't keep up with my class, then I'll have to resort to some.. rather unsightly methods to deal with that]

Zero: 'Haha... this dude looks really scary.. 005, get out here~ I promise not to kill you~'

- 5 years later -

'Byeeee 003!' *Stretches* 'Hey, that wasn't that bad'

[EH?! Host! How are you out so early? Did the instructor give up on you? No.. they're not allowed to do that.. so the only other possibility is.. YOU ALREADY FINISHED LEARNING?!]

'Hell yeah. It was pretty easy once you got the gist of it.'

[WTF... orz... Gist of it... gist of it your mom! Pill concocting isn't some plaything that one would learn just by getting the "gist of it", it requires every step to be perfect, and to be able to adjust to the right mindset as well. I shall call you master from now on. It takes even the most talented of geniuses 500-1000 years to fully master pill concocting! Even among gods.. it takes at least a hundred years... take the Crazy Pill God as an example... he's 600 000 000 years old, yet is still concocting pills...]

'Oh then I guess I'm a god amongst gods'

[That is an insult to all gods!]

'You said it yourself, not me.'

[...]

'Stop dilly-dallying and let's go. What are you, a snail?! I'm ready! (ง •̀ゝ•́)ง'

[You... Nevermind... At this rate even a non-living being like me will die from anger if I talk to you any longer.. Initializing Transfer... Get ready to be transported into the world. Warning! Host is going to be put into a deep sleep for a small period of time to ensure the transfer is safe.]

'?!?!?! Your Mother! At least tell me that getting transported requires for one to faint! This is definitely revenge for before, isn't it! Get back here you---'

And then..

he blacked out     ╮( ̄▽ ̄)╭

This story might turn out to be really bad, idk lol. T^T
But, if you like it, please do support me! (૭ ఠ༬ఠ)૭
By the way, I don't own any of the art that I use, unless I say so.

32