Chapter 1.1 – Cultivation World
1.2k 4 28
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Damn. I just died painfully from getting flattened like a pancake, and now I'm in a huge amount of pain. 

AGAIN

I raise my head to look around and noticed that I was in the middle of a......

Winged.. Tiger pack?

'Hey 005, what the hell is going on?'

[Yessss Host? *imaginary innocent eyes*]

'So, mind telling me where the heck I am?'

[That, I do not know~]

'Can you be any more useless?!'

[Wuwuwu Host is a big bully. How can you call me a useless system? I've already used up a lot of power just to successfully transport you into this world!]

'And you call this successful?'

[Ehh, don't mind the small details]

'Small details my ass! I'm about to get eaten and fail the tasks, when I JUST arrived in the world!'

[Don't worry ^-^ These cute little tigers aren't looking at you with any malicious intent. Plus, you're a phoenix, why are you scared of a few tigers?]

'Yeah, a 5-YEAR-OLD phoenix in Qi Refining against a pack of spirit division tigers! Plus, they literally look like they're about to shred me to pieces, you call that cute?'

[Ah! Hahaha, I just remembered that I have to go report to my superiors about something. You're on your own! (ノ≧ڡ≦)ノ Teehee~!]

'F*** your Teehee's and get your ass back here. Don't think this daddy wouldn't dare murder you!'

[Villain System 005 is currently unavailable, please contact another time]

'0...0...5!!! YOU GET BACK HERE!!!'

- - - - - - - - - -

Huff.. I've finally calmed down. Wuwuwu, I thought I had infinite luck? Then why is my luck so bad that I got such a crappy system?

"Grrrrrrrr"

I look up again and saw the tigers growling at me.

Well, what a shitty and short life I lived. 

I closed my eyes and prepared for the pain of getting bitten to death, but nothing came? 

Then, I slowly peeled open my eyes again and saw a bunch of.. kittens in front of me?!

"Meow~"

The hell?! Where did the domineering image of a winged tiger go?! Who are these cute little kittens in front of me? If the memory that 005 gave me was correct, then aren't these tigers supposedly Spirit Division level beasts? 

Oh right, in the world of beasts, their cultivation levels are almost identical to humans. These creatures all have a stone embedded on their foreheads to show what level they are. There's nothing special about the stone, other than the fact the color indicates the power of a beast:

Qi Refinement: Red
Foundation Building: Orange
Core Formation: Yellow
Nascent Soul: Green
Spirit Transformation: Blue
Spirit Division: Purple
Void Refining: Rainbow
Immortal: Black
God: Transparent

Sometimes, I wonder if the creator of this world was just too bored and decided to use the colors of a rainbow when determining the level of a beast. And of course, dragons and phoenix's are all god level.

There are 4 god level legendary beasts in this world and they dominate all of the other beasts. They are Dragons, Phoenixes, Black Turtles, and White Tigers.

I searched through my memories again to see if I could find any more useful information and I definitely wasn't disappointed.

The current host is 5 years old and he has already been subjected to the torturous methods of his family. His second sister, Shi LanHua, always protected him, but this time she was out on a mission given by the royal family patriarch and she couldn't look after him. 

During this period, everyone took the chance to make his life as miserable as possible. The food that Liu Feng received was cut in half, not that he got much in the first place. His daily beatings got doubled, and all the servants threw their chores on him.

Part of the reason the original host was stuck in Qi Refining for so long was because he never had the time to cultivate.

Yesterday, his fourth elder brother was in a foul mood from losing to a commoner in his class, so he vent it out on Liu Feng and threw him inside the forbidden forest. 

The forbidden forest is a place that even normal beings from the 4 legendary god level races don't dare casually step into. There's danger lurking everywhere and one wrong move can cause your death. The beasts in here will not hesitate to attack you, because the word 'fear' is not in their dictionary.

It was supposed to be that way... so why do I have a horde of "adorable" little animals following behind me?!

First there were those winged tigers, then came a thunder eagle, afterwards more and more just kept coming. Not only that, but half of them are at least in void refining, or they've already became immortals. 

What am I, an animal magnet?! 

Scram!

Everywhere he goes, the male lead can attract beauties and golden fingers. Everywhere the villain goes, he attracts hatred and brings forth disasters.

So why is it that everywhere I go, I attract cute--- ahem I mean deadly spirit beasts?

They should rename the forest into 'Forest of Beasts with Mental Disorders' instead!

- - - - -

Zero wandered further into the woods and he noticed that his surroundings were getting darker and colder. It felt like a bottomless abyss and the strange thing is, he feel oddly comfortable about this place. 

The weaker spiritual beasts were obviously shaking, but they still persisted to follow me. I wonder why?

I kept on walking and walking, and after who knows how long, I saw a bright light in front of me.

I ran towards the light because I just had this feeling that I will find what I need over there. I felt attracted to it and the light kept on calling out to me.

Finally, I arrived in front of a humongous crystal and the moment I laid my eyes on it, the crystal seemed to glow brighter, as if it finally reunited with its master. 

Suddenly, I felt a blast of warmth enter my body and it spread to every part of me. I was filled with an unknown, yet familiar pleasure as the power kept on surging into me. 

When the raging flames calmed down, I opened my eyes and noticed that the huge stone in front of me disappeared. 

I went and examined the changes that were made to my body and holy sh--- how did I enter the initial stages of immortality already?! When I was flipping through the original host's memories, I saw that he was just about to build his foundation!

How am I going to explain this to the rest of the family?! Gosh, did I OOC already? I'm going to get points deducted for this, right?

As if hearing his pleas, the jade pendant around his neck glowed and suppressed his aura to that of an initial foundation building cultivator. 

Oh! I almost forgot about this thing around my neck! Liu Feng's mother gave this to him before she passed away, right?

How do I use this? Should I try inserting my consciousness inside? No, that's too dangerous. But the reward might be worth the risk. 

And so, I did that.

But it failed.

...

(╬ ̄皿 ̄)凸

Okay, don't be angry. Maybe following the things that protagonists usually do was too cliche. How about I try to drop a bit of blood on it?

So, I proceeded to stab myself with a knife and dropped a heck ton of blood on the jade.

...

Still nothing.

Give me back my blood!

ヽ('Д')ノ

Whatever, I'll look into it later. First things first, I should prioritize getting out of this damned place. 

Turning around, Zero saw hundreds of small and docile animal--- I mean beasts looking at him with their big glistening eyes.

"Hey.. uhh.. do any of you know the way back?" Do they even understand me?

"Wah! Lord is willing to talk to us!" Beastie #1 yelled

"I know the way! Come with me!" Beastie #2 said

"Don't listen to him, follow me instead!"Beastie #3 retorted 

"No me!" Beastie #4 cried

"Me!" Beastie #5 argued

The hell???

How did one question suddenly lead to a bunch of high leveled spiritual beasts fighting? Where did your pride go?! Were they eaten by a dog?

"Calm down! You guys.. just all walk towards the exit and I'll follow, okay?"

"Okay~" They all exclaimed

- At the end of the forest - 

"Lord, we're back! This is where we first saw lord come in! Please come back to visit us when you're free!"

Like hell I want to come back "Thank you! I'll definitely come back to visit when I have the time" I laughed as I pat the head of a nearby Qilin immortal beast.

"Ahh! Lord pet me! I'm never going to wash my head ever again!"

No, please wash it.

"Me too, me too!" said Beastie #1

So, I pet it.

"Lord, please pet me as well!" exclaimed Beastie #2

And, I pet that beastie.

"May I shake your hand?" asked Beastie #3

I shook its hand.

"I really want your autograph, pleeeaaaase?" begged Beastie #4

... Are we still in a cultivation novel?

- - - - -

After having all their desires fulfilled, did they reluctantly let Zero go. 

Yeah, I'm never coming back.

Looking around, there was that familiar town and palace from the original host's memories. After spending another 4 hours, I finally got back home.

I followed the images inside my head and walked towards my 'house'. I wouldn't even call it a house, since it's more like a run down shack. 

The house I'm referring to has many unrepaired holes in the ceilings and the walls are all covered with stains. There are even one or two cockroaches that pop out occasionally. My bed has a rock hard mattress and I only get two meals a day. Water and bread as hard as stone for both meals.

If not for his second sister sneaking a bit of food over every day, the original host would've died due to starvation.

*Bang* "Heh, brat. I see you're finally back, huh? I thought you'd die in that damned forest, but too bad."

That must be the fourth elder brother, Shi XianYu, that threw me into this forest.

Time to follow the script...? Wait I just noticed a problem. How am I supposed to fulfill the original host's wishes AND follow the script at the same time?!

[I can answer that! As long as you don't do anything that affects the storyline, you may OOC as much as you want~]

'Oh, you're finally back, huh. And here I thought you might've gone into eternal hibernation'

[Host! What is the difference from that and dying?!]

'None, that's why I'd prefer is you did'

[Wuwuwu, host is bullying me again. I don't want to live anymore!]

'Say that again. Who is bullying who? I wonder where all that sentiment went when you left me alone in that forest!'

[You didn't even get hurt!]

'I could've!'

[No big deal, I could just jump in last minute to give you a healing pill... and deduct the cost from the points you'll earn]

'(╬ -.-)'

"Hey trash! Are you ignoring me?"

Oh, he was still there, time to put my magnificent acting skills into action! "F-fourth elder brother" I whispered meekly, trying to make myself look as pitiful as possible.

Perhaps he saw the terrible state I was in or maybe it something else, but he stopped bothering me after only one round of beating.

Zero sighed to himself, thinking 'Well, I hope there's going to be something fun to do in the next few years that doesn't involve pain'.

Meanwhile, I'll just go take a bath. F*** my injures goddamn hurt.

I went to the river near my little shack and took off my clothes. Just as I was about to step inside the water, I noticed that there were tons of scars and bruises on this body.

Poor Kid.

As I dipped myself inside the water, I couldn't help but let out a yelp. It was freezing! Haaah... Liu Feng sure had it hard, huh?

I took a quick bath so I wouldn't catch a cold, and then I went to bed.

Wow, sleeping on the streets outside of my old house would've been better than sleeping on this bed. It's so hard! What is it made out of? Titanium?

I was probably extremely fatigued, because I fell asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow. Let's just leave all our worries until after I get a good rest. 

28