Arc 1.2
984 2 31
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

*Splash*

F***! THAT'S COLD! WHO THE HELL DID THAT?!

"Hey trash, get up! Your second sister's returning so you'd better finish off my chores before she comes back, GOT IT?"

Oh right, I died and got linked to a system yadyadya

What kind of servant treats their young master this way!?

.... mine T^T

"Y-yes, I understand."

"Good, now get up!" She says as she kicks me off my bed.

Oww.. are all ancient people so rude?

Sighs~

After getting a good sleep I woke up to realize a few things. Yes, I've probably become a super OP cheat, but that doesn't really give me many benefits. I'll still have to lose to the protagonist in the end since I'm not allowed to change the plot T^T

It's like winning the lottery, but the money you get from it isn't even going to belong to you! The only thing I CAN do when being immortal is probably saving my sister?

This is torture ;-;

I walked out of my wooden shack and went to the palace where the rest of my brothers and sisters live. It'll only took me half a day to clean the whole entire palace, since I'm already at immortal stage.

But to reduce suspicion, I only cleaned half the palace. I tried to ask the jade to raise my cultivation to the middle stage of foundation building because there is almost NO WAY I would've gotten out of that forest without training/fighting.

When I finally finished cleaning the palace, the sun already set. I returned to my little shack and was about to eat dinner, a small knock came from outside my door.

That must be my second sister, huh? I opened the door and standing right outside was the most beautiful woman I've ever seen. She was wearing a baby pink dress with flower accessories in her hair. Suddenly, I felt a warm feeling inside my heart, mixed with a bit of sorrow.

That must've been the original host's feelings. I have a pretty good impression of my second sister, so I'll just become her new little brother in Liu Feng's place.

"Second Sister! You're finally back!"

"FengFeng, have you missed me?"

"Of course! FengFeng missed you thiiiiiisssss much!" I said while stretching my hands out as far as I could

"Hahaha, second sister also missed you a lot. Look what I brought back for you!"

"Waaah! It's candy! FengFeng wants candy!"

"Here, here. Don't rush. Second Sister will give you as much a----" All of a sudden, she opened her eyes wide in horror, as if she just saw something devastating. She seemed to recover after a few seconds and ripped open my robe?! All the scars and bruises I've accumulated for the duration that she was gone for were in plain sight.

"FengFeng.. tell me the truth. What happened to you? Who did this?"

"S-second Sister, it's okay! I'm fine, see? A man shouldn't be afraid of having a few scars!"

"But you're NOT a man! You're still a boy and kids at your age shouldn't have these terrible wounds! Please, tell your second sister what happened!"

"Then... Second Sister has to promise me not to do anything about it, or they will come and beat me up again."

"You... Sighs.. Ok. I promise not to go and beat up the person or people who did this to you"

After she solemnly swore to not take revenge, I told her the whole story of how I was beaten black and blue every day. I didn't even leave out the fact that fourth brother threw me into the forbidden forest.

After I finished telling her what I've experienced for the past few weeks, she grit her teeth and growled "SHI. XIAN. YU!!! I'LL KILL YOU FOR NEARLY MURDERING MY LITTLE BROTHER!"

"Second Sister! You promised me not to do that!"

"B-but, he almost killed you!"

"And if you try to get revenge, he might ACTUALLY kill me the next time you're not looking! Second Sister, you can't look after me all day and you know that. So please, don't do it. For my sake."

"You're right.. It's only going to make things worse. FengFeng, I promise that when I grow older and get stronger, I'll protect you. I'll become so strong that no one dares bully you anymore, okay?"

"What are you saying?! I'm the man! I'm supposed to be the one that gets stronger so I can protect second sister! I won't be a baby forever, so when the time comes, we'll live a happy life together!"

"Yes, yes. I'm looking forward to that day"

'If that day ever comes..' I silently thought to myself

Second Sister has a pure and innocent soul, so I will protect her in the future. Not because it was a part of Liu Feng's wishes, but because I truly think of her as my second sister.

- Flashback - 

"Damn you, Zero! I hate you! I wish you were never born! That way, all of mom and dad's attention would be on me! But you, as my little brother, just had to come into this world. If you were average, that would've been fine, but you just had to be so.. perfect! It's not fair! Mom and dad are putting all the pressure on me. Why me, not you?!"

"I-I'm sorry big brother.."

"How disgusting. Never call me big brother. I'm ashamed to be related to you. You're a mistake."

"Sorry..."

- - -

"Zero, you're so perfect at everything and you always get excellent marks in everything you do. I thought we were the same, but it looks like you're just that much better than me. Why can't I be like you? It's so unfair. You're such a shitty betrayer"

"N-no! I--" never asked to be this way..

"Shut up, we're over. Go find new friends that are just as PERFECT as you are. I regret ever meeting you"

- - -

"Zero! I thought you were a good child, but it turns out you were such a scum! Your older brother came running to me in tears and said that you tore up and stole his science competition idea!"

"Y-yeah! Zero, I cared for you. How could you have done that to me?"

"B-but aunty... I--" didn't do that to big brother.. he was the one who stole my ideas..

"No But's! I'm kicking you out of this house and don't call my aunty... Go starve on the street or something. I don't care! I regret ever adopting you out of pity back then , trash. If not for the ten million dollars, I wouldn't have spared a second glance at you. Look at your brother, he's so much more behaved, and look at you... nevermind, just get out!"

- End of Flashback-  

Ah.. some unpleasant memories came crashing back to me.

If.. second sister knew I was so.. perfect and OP, she would just be jealous of me and abandon me like everyone else.. right?

Second Sister is already at the late stages of the nascent soul and she's only 12 this year. One of the reasons no one dares defy my second sister when she tries to protect me is because she's a genius found once every few centuries. 

"Hey, second sister"

"Hmm? Is anything wrong?"

"If.. I told you that I was already in the initial stages of immortality, would you believe me?"

"W-what? FengFeng, I know you want to protect me, but immortality isn't something that everyone can achieve. Even if us phoenixes are guaranteed to achieve it, no one has ever become an immortal at the age of 5!"

But she stopped talking when I released my aura. The pressure of an immortal suddenly came crashing down. Being at the Nascent Soul stage, Second Sister naturally felt the pressure.

"I-immortal.."

I took back my aura and closed my eyes. I'm scared.

I'm afraid to look at the expression of disgust and envy. I thought I was numb to all that, but it turns out, I'm not. Deep in the depths of my heart, I'm still carrying that faint sliver of hope that I'll find someone who accepts me for who I am.

After all, I finally found someone whom I want to open up to, but I'm scared to face their rejection. 

As if coming to a decision, I slowly opened my eyes to see what kind of face she was making.

I watched her expression change from surprise to happiness to sadness. But even after a long time, the familiar expression of disdain and jealousy never came.

"FengFeng. You must hide your strength and let no one find out about it, okay? If they do, they'll send even stronger immortals to try to kill you because you're an extremely dangerous threat. Please, promise second sister that you won't let people know you're an immortal unless you're in a life or death situation."

W-What?

"H-huh? Second Sister.. I can promise that, but why? Why aren't you jealous of me? Why don't you hate me? Why did you not abandon me for being so.. perfect?" Why... didn't you react like everyone else did?

"Idiot! Second Sister will always be your second sister. I'll never abandon you for a stupid thing like power. If FengFeng is stronger, then that's better because you can protect yourself from harm. I believe that the power we have should be used to protect the ones we care for, so I'm really happy and proud of you. Plus, no one's perfect. Not even the gods."

"S-second sister.. waah.. uwaahhhh" I started bawling. Me, a 22 year old man started bawling. I've got to admit, it was embarrassing, but I didn't care anymore. No one ever cared for me like my second sister. No one ever gave me the love and warmth that second sister gave to me today.

All my life, I've only yearned for one thing, and that was acceptance. To be accepted by the people I care for, and not to be scorned. 

I don't get to choose how I'm born, and there's no way for me to control other's thoughts. I can only observe other people's moods while being totally hopeless and unable to do anything about it. 

That's why when second sister held me in her arms to help me calm down, I swore to protect her with my life. Even if the whole world was destroyed, I'd be fine as long as my second sister is there with me.

- - - - - - - - - -

- 5 years later -

Throughout these years, the bullying done by my family still went on and nothing really changed, other than the fact that I'm much closer to my second sister. We talk about everything and anything. 

I honestly had nothing to do these years, which made life really boring, but since all the chores and abuse took up 80% of my time, it was fine. Every time I felt like I was going to die, 005 would pop out and give me some pills saying that it was a gift for enduring the harsh environment from his superiors.

Although the story said the war will start 5 years later, it didn't say what time and what date, so I've prepared everything my second sister and I need for the journey to the Celestial Sect just in ca--

[Ding! Warning! Host is to prepare for the war between the dragons and phoenix's happening in 3 minutes]

'WHAT?! THAT'S A LITTLE TOO LAST MINUTE ISN'T IT?! DAMN YOU 005! IF MY SECOND SISTER GETS HURT, IT'S ALL ON YOU!"

[Sorry Host! I made a miscalculation and I thought I was going to be tomorrow!]

'SCREW YOUR MISCALCULATIONS!'

*BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM*

*DONG DONG DONG* "THE DRAGONS ARE ATTACKING! CALLING ALL PHOENIX'S TO FIGHT BACK!"

"Second Sister! Come with me!"

"FengFeng! Oh thank god you're okay!"

"Quick! Change into a phoenix and fly after me!"

In less than an hour, the battlefield has become a bloody mess. The skies were dyed red and everywhere reeks of death.

"Second Sister! Fly, faster!"

"I.. can't! Too tired!"

"F***! Turn back into your human form and get on my back!"

"But FengFeng! You're goi--"

"NO BUTS, WE'RE WASTING TIME!"

"Alright, fine!"

Out of nowhere, a laser beam looking attack came launching at me. I barely dodged it and an annoying voice came from behind me.

"Oho? What do we have here? Two little phoenix's, eh? Lucky!"

"Screw off! Don't you dare lay a hand on my sister!"

"That's not for you to decide!"

Then, a pressure that belonged to a true god leveled beast came over me and I couldn't help but cough out some blood.

"Wow~ Seems like I got myself a genius! You're actually a late stage immortal! After I absorb your beast core, I can advance to the middle stages of the god level! You look like you're really young. Perhaps around 10? Then you must have excellent bones! I'll refine you into an artifact! Lucky, lucky!" He said as he shot out a few hundred beams

"Don't you da-- Ugh!" Six of his beams pierced through me and I felt really weak.

"Little kid, it's still 1000 years too early for you to challenge me!" He said as he tore off one of my wings.

"GRSAAASDIAAHHH!" It f***ing hurts!

"FENGFENG! PLEASE... TAKE ME, DON'T HURT MY FENGFENG!"

"No, second sister!"

"You? A mere Spirit Division Phoenix? Hah, don't worry. Since you want to be devoured so much, I'll save you as snack for later on"

Eat..? My second sister?

I instantly blanked out when I heard those words. My second sister is my life, my entire world. My only family. My only ray of light in this dark world.. So that's why..

 No.. no one is allowed to touch her..NO ONE!

Out of nowhere, a burst of power came forth and my broken body parts started regenerating. My originally red, flaming body turned pure white as I ripped open the bastard in front of me.

Unbeknownst to me, the jade pendant around my neck started to glow and complicated rune-like patterns started to appear on the surface. 

Meanwhile, the dragon who got ripped apart was sprawled down on the muddy battlefield, yelling out screams of pain and agony. It was as if he instinctively knew he wasn't going to survive, because he turned and glared at me, while barely managing to muster out:

"Y-you, how? You're only.. an immortal stage.. phoenix. It can't be... are you.. the...."

I didn't hear the last part of his sentence and even if I did, I wouldn't have cared. The only thought going through my mind was to go somewhere safe.

Suddenly, the man that was supposed to be dead sprung up and his whole body glowed a bright red color.

"F*CKING HELL, HE'S GOING TO SELF-DETONATE!"

"FengFeng! It's too late, just throw me off and run!"

"NOT IN A MILLION YEARS!"

He was going to explode any second. We had nowhere to run. So I hugged my sister and curled up into a ball so that I could protect her.

*KABOOOOM!*

The force of the explosion was huge and since we were so close to it, I received tremendously horrid injuries. My back was injured to the point you could see my bones and my tail was completely blown off.

"FENGFENG!!"

For the first time, I ignored her shouts and looked through all of the original host's memories, but the safest place was a nearby city that took at least a few days to travel to. 

I thought really hard again, and this time, I seem to have heard a few voices telling me to come visit them again.

The blurry figures in front of me started to transform into beasts and they all called me Lord while they were staring at me with their big, round eyes. 

The forbidden forest!

I flew towards that forest at top speed and I only stopped when I felt as if we were deep enough. I transformed back into my human look and it was covered in bloody, fatal wounds.  

005 told me that it was going to use the last gift given to me, which is a mid-grade healing scroll, and in a few days time I'd be back to normal. Then.. I passed out.

"FengFeng! No! Someone, anyone! Please, save him!"

"Grrrrrrrrr"

- - -

Deep in the forest, there was a girl desperately begging for help and a man who was covered in blood. They were surrounded by hundreds, possibly even thousands of beasts.

Thousands of eyes were staring right at them, full of dangerous killing intent, though it wasn't actually directed at them, but the person who injured their Lord. Unfortunately, Shi LanHua didn't know that.

The girl, Shi LanHua, was startled. Even though she was shaking from fear, she refused to leave Zero. 

"Lord is injured! Who knows medicine!"

"I do! I do! I will help Lord!"

"Me too! I want to help Lord!"

"Later on, we will go avenge Lord!"

"Avenge Lord!!"

"Shut up! Can't you guys see what's more important at the moment?"

The beasts approached the two figures and just as the girl was about to fight back, the beasts pounced towards the man and took him away.

"No, stop! Let go of FengFeng!"

Shi LanHua ran after the beasts, ignoring her fatigue. They finally reached a cave and she was greeted by the sight of Zero being treated by the beasts.

Although there were a million questions she wanted to ask, Shi LanHua knew it wasn't the right time and that saving her little brother's life came first. 

"FengFeng, you have to be alright. We promised each other that we'd live a happy life together... You're the only family I have, you can't die!"

To describe the MC's current appearance (and the one that he appears as the most), his hair is tied up and he has a pure white headband with golden vines tied across his forehead. (Kinda like LWJ from MDZS of you wanna know)

When in his human phoenix form, his hair is let loose and it turns into baby blue, which fades into a pure shade of snowy white. He looks beautifully handsome, so basically, he's beautiful, but not in the overly girly way, but in the more manly and handsome manner. He also has a red flame shaped cinnabar on his forehead, with ruby colored eyes that shine like jewels

31