Arc 1.3
898 2 31
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hmm? Where am I? I remember rampaging and ripping apart that damned dragon. Then I headed to the forbidden forest with Second Sister...

Second Sister!

"Second Sister! Where's my second sister?!"

"Calm Down FengFeng, I'm right here."

"Thank god you're alright! W-what happened, where are we?"

"The Celestial Sect"

"... WHAT?!"

- - - - - - - - - -

A month ago.

"Is he going to be okay?"

The beasts all started to nod. 

"Of course, I am the best medic around! I did everything I could in order to save Lord." the Beastie who saved Zero stated proudly

"Why do you guys call FengFeng Lord?"

"Because Lord has this extremely attractive smell! Ahh... It smells so nice, it makes me want to prostrate myself at lord's feet all the time." replied Beastie #1

"Whenever I see Lord, I want to make babies with him!" said Beastie #2

"I wish I could be his slave for life, it'll even be my honor to die for Lord!" yelled Beastie #3

"...... How come I don't smell anything?"

"Oh, Lord probably subconsciously retracts his aura around you. If he doesn't want someone to be affected he won't release his smell to them."

"Oh, I never knew that FengFeng had this kind of power..?"

"Lord is really amazing, isn't he?"

"I should take FengFeng back to the clan after he's healed."

"It's no use, my friends and I already went to check. Everyone's dead. You two are the last phoenix's alive" responded a winged tiger

"W-what? No way.. What about the dragons?"

"They're all dead as well. I'm not sure if any escaped, but from what I see, the number of fatal casualties are just as high as the phoenix's. Do you guys still want to go back?"

"I-It's fine. As long as I have FengFeng with me, everything's going to be fine. I never had much of a connection with the clan before anyways. They always bullied FengFeng, so the only reason I stayed was to be with him. After all, his mother was the one who took care of me back then.."

"Lord's mother?"

"She was a very kind person, but I could sense that she wasn't a phoenix. Maybe that's why FengFeng was deemed as a lower class being and became the target for bullying. When I was little, my older sister was always better than me, so I was always neglected by mother. It was Lady Liu that took care of me during those times."

"Lady.. Liu? Why does that sound kind of familiar? Ahh! I don't know! Whatever."

"Oh, right! Since we have nowhere to live and obviously can't stay here forever, what is the closest.. I think the humans call them.. sects?"

"Oh! I know, I know! It's the Celestial Sect! You and Lord are very lucky, I heard they're going to be choosing apprentices in two weeks. You two can definitely make it in!"

"Thank you very much, where might the selection process be located?"

"It's in Xiwan Town! I'll lead you there! This forest is directly connected to that town, so it won't take too long!"

"LanHua gives you her gratitude for this favor!"

"No problem, I'm doing this for Lord after all~ Hop on, we're leaving right now!"

"Ok!"

Little did she know, all the forests in the world were connected to the forbidden forest, so when the beastie said it won't take too long, it actually took 13 days to get there without resting. 

"You.. said... it wasn't that.. far" *Barf*

"Yeah, it's not THAT far, only 13 days!"

"... only?"

"It takes a whole month to travel to other sects if I run without stopping!"

"I'm starting to regret my decision of wanting to join a sect..."

"Whatever, we're here already, so you two should get a good sleep and prepare for the selection tomorrow, I'm off!"

"Thank you and bye!"

'Okay, I'm going to put an illusion spell on FengFeng so that people can't see him, then I'll carry him to an inn!'

Shi LanHua walked around town and finally found a decent inn to stay in. She paid 2 silver to stay for one night and brought Zero upstairs. They slept until morning and finally, the time came.

Shi LanHua left Zero inside the room and went to the selections.

"Everyone is welcome to attend this year's disciple selection! No matter what age or background you hold, everyone is allowed to give it a try!"

"Son, your father will wait for you down here, do your best to get in!" said a certain dad in the audience

"Okay!" replied the son

"Please put your hand on the crystal."

*Puts* The crystal gave off a rainbow color

"Five Spiritual Roots, you are an outer disciple, next!"

An ordinary-looking boy walked upstage and touched the ball. The crystal gave off a tan and green glow. 

"Dual Spiritual Roots of wood and earth! It's a genius found only once every few hundred years! Next!"

And so, the selection went on until it was finally Shi LanHua's turn. The crystal ball glowed brightly with a beautiful hue of fiery red, like a raging volcano about to explode. But in the middle, there was a bit of a golden spark.

"H-Heavenly Spiritual Roots! On top of that, she even has the fire spiritual nature! Genius! Genius! She's only found every few centuries! We will head back to the sect immediately! Inform the sect master about this!"

"Wait! I.. can I also bring my.... friend? He's in a coma right now and hasn't woken up.."

"Of course! Please bring us to your friend"

Shi LanHua thought it was better if they didn't know the relationship between her and Zero, since you never know who will turn out to be an enemy in this world. And so, she led the examiners to the inn. The innkeeper almost fainted when he saw so many cultivators coming in his inn, but calmed down after he found out they weren't here to make trouble. 

They tested Zero's potential and his results were the same as Shi LanHua's. The cultivators almost burst into tears because they obtained two geniuses and they flew back to the sect. Of course, these blockheads were too elated to bear any suspicion about having two geniuses pop up at the same time. And even if they did, they'd brush it off with the excuse of "the heavens are blessing the celestial sect."

Later on, Liu Feng became the sect master's personal succeeding disciple because he was younger and everything went just like the original storyline. Shi LanHua even became the personal succeeding disciple to the most respected elder in the sect. 

Everyone found out that there were two new genius's that got accepted into the sect and they even became the successors of the two biggest powerhouses in the sect.

- - - - - - - - - -

"And.. that's that!"

Well, I guess this is what the call the power of the plot. I didn't even have to do anything and everything went right in place. But..

'Hey 005!'

[Hmm? What is it Host?]

'Second Sister became the personal succeeding disciple of the famed elder, but won't that cause a disturbance in the original story?'

[No worries! I triple checked and that elder didn't have any succeeding disciple, so it's fine as long as you don't do anything out of place!]

'... Okay..'

So.. I got to get to the Intermediate Nascent Soul Stage when I'm 15, because that's when the story officially starts. I'm already an Immortal, so I'll just do my daily cultivation. The most important thing right now is to gather more fame. The more popular I get, the easier it is to bully the protagonist.

I'm so smart! ヾ(☆▽☆)

And that is how Zero began his journey of becoming infamous throughout the sect. He always visited his sister but that unknowingly created a misunderstanding, so there were rumors of senior brother Liu dating senior sister Shi. After all, no one knew they were siblings~

Poor Zero, he didn't even know that he was "dating" his own sister in other people's eyes.

They're even called the polar opposites couple. While Zero didn't have a great reputation around the sect, Shi LanHua was known as the warm and kind senior sister that was liked by everyone. No one has seen her get mad before!

Most likely because of his previous life, Zero never like to be bored, so he frequently snuck away from the sect and visited towns to buy food. He'd also help out some old people when they were selling food or take care of children for their mothers. 

The system only allowed it because it wouldn't really disturb the storyline as long as no one important found out it would even help improve its host's mentality. Plus, no one found out, of course!

Slowly, the Zero managed to be known as the senior brother who was arrogant and rude, but too strong to offend.

That was only what was displayed on the outside though. 

There are some spiritual beasts that took human form whom reside in the celestial sect and they're constantly trying to get closer to their lord, Zero.

So our poor MC keeps breaking character around them and ends up selling meng instead of acting villainous.

For example, that one time near the sect master's villa, Zero met his two other 'friends' (more like followers) Chu Qiu and Nie Yuan. Chu Qiu is a nine tailed fox while Nie Yuan was actually one of the winged tigers Zero met before. So, everything went a little like this:

Zero: "Lalalalala~ I'm going to go to town today to visit the orphanage and buy some snacks~ I'm coming for you my adorable little buns and yummy food!"

Nie Yuan & Chu Qiu: "Lorrddd!!! You got up so early? As expected of our lord? Where are you going? Can we come? Do you need any help, lord?"

Zero: "Goddamn it! Don't ruin my day by shoving your faces in front of me, okay? I just want some peace for once!"

Nie Yuan: "Lord, Lord! Where are you heading?"

Zero: "The town, wait, why do I have to tell you?!"

Chu Qiu: "Lord is going to that dirty place called a town which is filled with many nasty human mortals? My lord, you're way above those stupid humans, why would you go to such an... unsightly place?"

Zero: "Food and children"

Chu Qiu: "Children?! I-If you want, I can make some babies with lo--"

Zero: "... No way! You're too ugly. Plus, we're both men."

The ugly Chu Qiu: "..."  B-but... I was one of the top 3 beauties in our fox clan!

Nie Yuan: "Lord, please let us accompany you. We'd risk our lives for your safety, plus you wouldn't want Miss Shi to worry about you too much"

Zero: "My sister..?" F*ck you sure have the guts to poke at my weak point, huh? Arrghh, this is too hard, I'm not doing it anymore! "... Hmph!" *Puffs up cheeks* "Laozi wants to go alone! Laozi isn't someone that needs to be babied! I'm ignoring you two ugly bullies!" *runs away*

The ugly bullies Nie Yuan and Chu Qiu: "..." 100000 damage done to heart! Nosebleed commencing!

There was that other time when the cafeteria was serving dinner and had a food shortage due to the disappearance of many pre-made dishes. During the investigation, the two and Zero's sister found Zero alone in his room that was crowded in so many dishes, they looked like they were going to topple over any second. Meanwhile, the culprit was still stuffing his cheeks with food. When they entered, he tilted his head in confusion as to why they were here. He looked so much like an adorable little hamster that the three couldn't punish him, so they just gave a little lecture about why he shouldn't steal food and let Zero off the hook. 

'But I'm still hungry' was his last thought that day.

Anyways, after 5 more years of hard work, the time finally came for the disciples to come back from the selections.

As Zero found a seat next to Shi LanHua, he looked down and spot the protagonist in the official sect robes indicating that he was accepted as an inner disciple. One by one, the names of those who successfully entered the sect were called out and their appointed master who wanted to take them under tutelage. 

"... will become an inner disciple under the guidance of Elder Mu. Finally, Nan XiSheng will become the second inner disciple of the sect leader!"

I smirked, so it's finally starting, huh?

Down on the podium, there was a disheveled youth in attire that only beggars would wear. But his eyes shone with determination and if you took a closer look, he was actually pretty handsome.

I performed the action of gritting my teeth and glared at Nan XiSheng. He seemed to notice and looked towards my direction. 

Just like it said on the script, he looked like he was used to these kinds of stares and turned away.

I secretly  gave myself a thumbs up for my great acting skills. 

The ceremony ended and the news of the sect master accepting a second disciple traveled all around the sect. Everyone wondered why the master would choose someone with such low potential, but no one dared question his actions.

I kept my "humiliated" expression and proceeded to go bully the protagonist. 

I saw him walking alone in the woods on the path that leads to the sect master's quarters and I prepared myself for the upcoming interaction. 

After I made my mental preparations, I walked up to Nan XiSheng.

"Brat, you're just a trash with false spiritual roots, while I, Liu Feng, have the heavenly roots and a single fire spiritual nature! I'm blessed by the heavens, do you understand?! But why, why did the sect master choose you as a disciple?!"

He looked at me as if he was looking at an idiot while I secretly cried inside. I didn't want to say such cliche bullying lines either, sobs, this is so embarrassing! I really want to find some random rock to hide under.

"This was sect master's decision, not yours. It's not like I'm becoming your disciple, so why are you so agitated?"

"W-what did you say?! How dare you talk to me like that? Do you know who I am?"

"You're Liu Feng. Didn't you just tell me that?"

"Y-You!"

"You what you? Talk properly."

"Anyways! You being my junior brother will tarnish both my and the sect leader's reputation! I won't allow that! Trash like you don't have a say in this!" Then I prepared myself and started to beat him up. 

I kept on beating him 'till I felt like it's enough. I felt really bad about all this, but the protagonist will a successful and happy person in the future, so it's okay, right?

Little did Zero know, those punches and kicks he sent out we're barley half as hard as the ones the original host sent out. In the future when he found out, he looked at the person who had both hands crawling up his shirt and cursed at himself for not hitting harder.

- - -

Zero walked away in low spirits because it was his first time bullying someone, and as he expected, he felt like shit. 

On the other hand, Nan XiSheng, the victim, got back up and pat his clothing to dust off the dirty stuff and started to walk towards his destination again like nothing happened. After all, he was used to this kind of treatment when he was trying to survive in the slums. Not to say, the blows that were dealt by Zero weren't even close to the worse he'd experienced.

'He went easy on me.. why?' Thought Nan XiSheng, but he soon shrugged off the idea thinking that this new senior brother of his just didn't feel like hitting too hard. He also mentally added Zero onto the list of people to take revenge on.

'Liu... Feng' Nan XiSheng silently repeated inside his mind

31