Rejected by the Gods
3.4k 14 96
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A figure of a semi-transparent woman, around 23 years old, with skin as white as snow, long black hair cascading down to her waist, and a pair of pitch-black eyes, sighed.

Fang Xue had been flying in this void towards the Hell that the stupid God condemned her to.

'If I survive this calamity, I swear I will kill you,' Fang Xue thought, her eyes releasing a coldness that even the most feared demons would be unable to reproduce.

------------One hour before------------

Fang Xue was at home, contemplating her life and reminiscing about the past.

At 15, Fang Xue lost her family in a tragic accident. They weren't the most loving parents, but they weren't bad either.

At 18, she left school and managed to start a company, gradually expanding it until today. At only 23 years old, Fang Xue had placed her company among the top 100 in the country.

However, her whole life, she had felt empty, never experienced love, and didn't understand the purpose of life.

Tired of lying in bed one Sunday, Fang Xue decided to go outside and take a walk.

After walking through the square near her house for 10 minutes, the sky suddenly darkened. Surprised, Fang Xue looked up and saw something that left her paralyzed with shock—something beyond her comprehension.

A giant finger approached at high speed.

When Fang Xue recovered from her shock, she realized that she was in a completely dark and cold place.

'Did I die?' That was Fang Xue's first thought.

'*sigh* So this is what death is like? So empty? And what the hell was that thing I saw before I died? A finger?'

While Fang Xue was lost in her thoughts, a bright light suddenly engulfed her, making her lose consciousness.

Some time later, when Fang Xue regained consciousness, she realized she had a body with her previous appearance, or rather, almost.

Her body was transparent, and when she tried to touch something, her hand would simply pass through it.

After a few seconds of contemplation, Fang Xue decided to look around and realized she was on a white platform emitting a faint, holy, divine, and pure glow.

Shaking off her daze, she noticed that there were more people in the same situation as her. Just as she was about to ask the person closest to her about the situation, she heard a divine voice from a man capable of leading one's soul astray.

"Everyone, please look up," ordered the voice.

When Fang Xue looked up, she saw the silhouette of a man glowing in white light, preventing her from fully seeing his appearance. But she knew he was definitely someone handsome and extraordinary.

"First of all, I must inform you that you have died," said the voice calmly, causing an uproar among the people.

"Please calm down," the voice said again, silencing the noise.

"My name is Samsara, a God, more specifically, the God who takes care of reincarnation. And since you died unjustly, due to the aftermath of a battle between two divine beings, I will grant you the opportunity to reincarnate," Samsara announced. The silent place grew even quieter before exploding into noise soon after.

"Could you explain a little more?" someone brave asked aloud.

"Basically, you died due to a fight between two Gods, and since that was unfair, I will reincarnate you in a new world. A world where it is possible to reach the same level as us Gods, immortal beings, and destroy stars, planets, and worlds with a casual movement," Samsara explained.

These outrageous words spoken calmly by Samsara caused the crowd of souls to erupt in an uproar.

'To be immortal? Casually destroying stars, planets, and worlds? Maybe that would be fun,' Fang Xue thought, beginning to feel excited about the idea.

"Okay, I will start now," said Samsara as a bright light exploded from him.

A few seconds later, all those souls simply vanished.

All except Fang Xue, who stood alone on that gigantic white platform, looking around in stunned silence.

"Hmm... Hasn't a soul been sent for reincarnation?" murmured Samsara, appearing even more stunned than Fang Xue.

"I see... now I understand what went wrong with you," Samsara suddenly said to Fang Xue.

"What went wrong with me?" Fang Xue asked, looking at the shining male silhouette.

"Your fate has too much Karma, so you can't enter the reincarnation cycle. To solve this, I must cleanse your soul by sending you to the Hell of the mortal world," Samsara stated, as if sending a soul to the scariest place in the mortal world was something normal.

'Karma? Hell?' Fang Xue couldn't understand what was going on, but she knew it wasn't good at all.

"Yes, Hell, a cursed place in the mortal world that even the strongest and fiercest demon fears to enter."

"Why am I going there?" asked Fang Xue, still confused, not realizing that Samsara could read her thoughts.

"Basically, you have a lot of evil Karma within you, and to cleanse it, I am going to send you to a place where you can atone for your sins and die in peace." Fang Xue didn't fully understand everything, but she knew she would be forced to go to a horrible place just to die miserably.

An overwhelming anger flooded Fang Xue's mind.

She may not understand the concept of Karma, but she knew she was not evil, and somehow this God was plotting against her.

But before she could verbalize her thoughts, she was engulfed in an even more dazzling light than the one that had taken the other souls, and she vanished.

However, she could still hear a murmur from Samsara. "I hope that anomaly dies soon."

96