Ma Qing and Supreme Freedom.
571 4 38
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The Chaos Elders displayed strange expressions upon seeing how easy it was to capture Mo Ling.

Suddenly, the void twisted and a noble, supreme and unique aura completely permeated the surroundings. A young man with eyes of every color in the universe and long hair the same color as his eyes appeared.

The void fell completely silent, and everyone showed expressions of respect and admiration. After all, the person who had just arrived was none other than the Heavenly Dao himself.

"So, you finally showed up, defective creature," mocked Mo Ling, breaking the silence with a cold and taunting voice.

The Heavenly Dao, also known as Ma Qing, furrowed his brow at being called a 'defective creature,' but his expression soon turned blank as he remembered Mo Ling's current situation.

"Arrogant words from someone on the brink of death," Ma Qing retorted mockingly, reminding Mo Ling of his predicament.

"I see you've put a lot of effort into these chains, they even have fragments of you, Heavenly Dao," Mo Ling disregarded Ma Qing's taunting words but commented on the chains that imprisoned him.

Upon hearing these words, everyone present showed shocked expressions, with a touch of greed shining in their eyes. After all, those chains contained a fragment of the Heavenly Dao himself, and anyone who could refine them would advance rapidly.

"Hmph, once I kill you and absorb you, these small fragments of mine will not be worth mentioning," Ma Qing said coldly, with a hint of a murderous intent, as he sensed the greed emanating from the people around him.

When Ma Qing's words echoed in their ears, they snapped out of their reverie, as those chains belonged to someone they could not offend in any way. After all, Ma Qing held their lives in his hands.

Although Ma Qing couldn't display his full power and had to use a force proportional to theirs, he was still the Heavenly Dao. That meant he controlled the Daos that cultivators yearned for, making it easy for him to suppress at least 80% of another cultivator's strength.

"*Sigh* Can't you see, really?" After a few seconds of silence after Ma Qing's words, Mo Ling sighed deeply, and her sigh echoed in the void, carrying a tinge of sadness.

"Can't I see? I think you're the one who can't see here, you're incapable of seeing the situation you're in." Ma Qing frowned and replied coldly. After all, being called blind was a serious offense for him, as he was practically Omniscient.

"Defective creature, do you know which Dao I created?" Mo Ling asked, displaying a playful smile on his face.

Ma Qing remained silent and didn't respond because the Dao created by Mo Ling was something even he, as the supreme existence of this universe, didn't know.

"I've always sought true freedom. I hate being controlled by something or someone; only I can control my own life. That's why I named the Dao I created the Dao of Supreme Freedom."

"However, I've been at an impasse for some time now. So, I racked my brain to think of how to overcome this barrier. And do you know what conclusion I reached?" Mo Ling spoke slowly, his voice gentle, as if he were talking to a child.

As Ma Qing listened to Mo Ling's words, a sinister sensation took hold of all his senses. Disliking this feeling, Ma Qing decided to use a trump card he had kept since his creation as the Heavenly Dao.

A third eye opened between his eyebrows, completely black and emanating an aura of destruction and supreme annihilation.

The mere release of the aura from the eye caused the void to shatter completely, revealing the Profound Chaos, the layer beyond the Void.

Upon witnessing this abrupt change of scene, everyone displayed expressions of horror. After all, since the beginning of the universe, only three individuals had broken through the Primordial Void, the space they were in, and entered the realm of Profound Chaos.

However, those three individuals had only created small cracks. The aura released by Ma Qing's third eye, on the other hand, shattered an area of at least 100,000 kilometers of the Primordial Void. No one there dared to even imagine the strength of that strike.

Mo Ling witnessed it all, but his expression didn't change one bit. The playful smile still lingered on his lips. On the other hand, his descendant, Fang Xue, found herself completely terrified and confused in the face of the whole situation.

One moment, she was being tortured by Ming Bai. Then, Ming Bai attempted to kill Li Qiang. And now she found herself caught up in this vision of a battle between the God of the Asura Race and several powerful cultivators. Even in the presence of a cultivator whom Fang Xue felt a sense of fear just by looking at, though she knew that had happened ages ago.

The powerful aura released by the eye intensified rapidly, and then a beam of white light shot out from the eye.

Feeling the power behind the beam of light, everyone felt their hearts freeze and their backs drenched in sweat. After all, no one there, not even the Nine Chaos Elders, could withstand even a thousandth of the power of that beam.

Mo Ling didn't change his expression. He watched the beam approaching and even yawned slightly, displaying his complete lack of fear as he felt the beam coming toward him.

Everything happened in 1 second, from the opening of the third eye to the destruction of the void and the launch of the beam. However, everyone there, except for Fang Xue, were powerful cultivators, and 1 second was enough time to perform various actions.

When the beam touched Mo Ling's chest, a bright light illuminated the entire Profound Chaos, a place that had never been illuminated since its creation.

Everyone there, including Fang Xue, thought Mo Ling was dead. Yes, he was strong, but that strike was something the Heavenly Dao had accumulated since its creation, from a time when it had no consciousness yet.

As the brightness began to fade and everything returned to normal, a vague silhouette started to emerge. When everyone saw it, their hearts palpitated even more. The expressions of everyone, including Fang Xue and Ma Qing, changed to shock, considering the unlikely possibility.

When the radiance dissipated completely, there stood Mo Ling, his white and pristine garments standing out in the darkness of the Profound Chaos. His eyes didn't display any blood-red light; they were simply pitch black.

His hair remained black, smooth, blending into the surrounding space.

The only thing that had changed was the nine-petal lotus, which vanished from between Mo Ling's eyebrows and now materialized as something real, positioned beneath Mo Ling's feet, emanating a bloody and powerful aura.

"The conclusion I've reached is that, to achieve Supreme Freedom, I must understand everything that can imprison someone. Your chains sealed me and reminded me of what it means to have no power, to be powerless in the face of everything.

"Your beam of light showed me what death is, something that imprisons everything and everyone, be it living beings or abstract things like the universe. Everything will one day die, some things and people just live longer than others.

"Therefore, to attain true Freedom, I faced death and overcame it. Nothing binds me to this world anymore; I am truly free." As soon as Mo Ling's words ended, an infinitely more powerful aura than Ma Qing's was released from his body.

That aura was beyond the comprehension of everyone, even Ma Qing, who, as the Heavenly Dao, could be considered the being who knew the most about the universe.

"You, as the Heavenly Dao, must know how tedious it is to repair spatial cracks, especially in the void, and you caused a tremendous mess. No worries, I'll lend you a hand." Mo Ling said amidst the silence, and with a snap of his fingers, everyone was returned to the Primordial Void.

In fact, the void was even stronger and more resilient than before.

"Now, while I should thank you for allowing me to take this step beyond this universe, I still hold a grudge because facing Death was extremely unpleasant. Moreover, I have no inclination to be bound by chains; I don't have such fantasies."

Mo Ling said, his voice light, as if he were joking with an intimate friend.

However, that voice in Ma Qing's ears sounded like the voice of a terrifying demon, and his whole being been overcome by a sense of danger, but he couldn't do anything because suddenly a searing pain came from his chest.

Looking down, Ma Qing saw a heart-shaped hole in the middle of his chest, there was no blood or anything, it seemed as if it had always been there.

As he looked back at Mo Ling, Ma Qing saw his heart, which shimmered in all the colors of the universe, in Mo Ling's hands, who observed it with great interest.

"Your heart has a quite interesting color... Now, we are even, but those who tried to kill me before, I haven't forgiven them. After all, you tried to kill me and brought me no benefit, unlike my flawed friend did." Mo Ling murmured, first looking at the heart in his hands, and then turning his attention to the massive crowd, which was now completely bewildered.

Mo Ling raised a hand and made a squeezing gesture.

Then, everyone, from the weakest to the strongest, began to explode into pools of blood. The process was relatively slow, as if Mo Ling were giving everyone a chance.

Nobody wanted to die, so they desperately tried any means of self-protection, but it was futile. No matter what any of them did, they all met the same fate of exploding into pools of blood.

I didn't get to judge this chapter, I wrote it very quickly, I was very inspired. So, I ask you to help, telling me what you think of it and what to improve for the next ones. In addition, it is essential that you give your opinion on the story, if it starts to go down a very bad path, let me know. Thank you for everything.
With love, Author.

38