Hypocrisy and Birth of the Asura Race.
567 7 40
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The ruthless massacre lasted for an endless 10 minutes, during which cries, pleas, and screams of despair echoed through the void.

It was a truly horrific scene, with blood and body parts scattered, creating an oppressive and heavy atmosphere. Those who were still alive, like the 9 Chaos Elders, felt particularly affected.

They witnessed the brutality before their eyes, their hearts filled with anxiety. Death approached every second, but they felt powerless, tormented by the sense of impending doom.

"Mo Ling, please have mercy. You know that everyone here is innocent. We only follow the orders of the Celestial Dao," a Chaos Elder Lady pleaded in a mournful tone, trying to gain Mo Ling's sympathy.

Suddenly, the feeling of death hovering in the air dissipated as if it had never existed, but the blood spatter around attested to the reality of the moment.

After a few moments of silence, no one else died, and a feeling of relief and gratitude filled those who were saved by the Chaos Elder Lady.

"You are right," said Mo Ling, his voice echoing with regret, although the playful smile on his face never faded, causing a sinister feeling in everyone who watched him.

"Since you are so kind, you might as well sacrifice yourself to atone for everyone's sins, don't you think?" Mo Ling sighed, and his eyes revealed a hint of reverence for the Chaos Elder Lady, such a kind soul.

The Elder heard the words and sensed the disguised disdain behind Mo Ling's false gratitude, feeling a bitter remorse for the words she had spoken.

"It's true, you really are a kind soul."

"We will always remember you."

Several cultivators uttered similar words, praising, thanking, and goading the Chaos Elder Lady to sacrifice herself to save their own lives.

With each phrase the Elder heard, her expression grew darker, and remorse intensified. After all, everyone there had betrayed her without hesitation, putting their lives above hers.

Mo Ling observed the scene impassively. He knew this would happen and orchestrated everything to reveal the true nature of the cultivators present, as he had no intention of allowing any of them to survive.

"Well, this is rather disappointing. I expected someone to stand out from the crowd and try to be a martyr or defend a damsel in distress, but you didn't even hesitate to deliver her to death," proclaimed Mo Ling loudly, silencing the clamoring cultivators.

Everyone felt their faces burn with shame because, despite claiming they would remember the Elder willing to sacrifice herself for them forever, they knew that over the years, all the legacy of this Elder would be destroyed and stolen by the very same people.

"No more pretense. I have important matters to attend to," declared Mo Ling in a loud tone, not giving the people any time to reflect on his words.

Snapping his fingers, all the cultivators suddenly exploded, without any drama; they were simply mercilessly annihilated.

In the void, which was once as dark as night, now glowed with shades of red, gold, and other colors, emanating from the blood of the various cultivators and races.

Ma Qing remained motionless since the moment he lost his heart. He hoped that it was all just a dream, or rather, a nightmare.

But this was the reality: Mo Ling had reached a level beyond anything in this universe, and Ma Qing had lost his heart, which held special significance not only for him but for the entire universe.

"Defective thing, I must thank you. After all, without you, I could never have reached where I am," said Mo Ling suddenly, snapping Ma Qing out of his reverie.

Upon hearing this, Ma Qing felt overwhelming fury growing within him, but he knew that what Mo Ling said was true. If it weren't for his plan to assassinate Mo Ling, it might have taken countless eras for Mo Ling to reach a transcendent level in this universe.

"As I said before, your heart is a way to repay our debts. And before we part ways, I hope that one day you will open your eyes. Farewell," Mo Ling spoke softly to Ma Qing, his eyes revealing a fleeting spark of genuine sadness, though Ma Qing didn't notice it.

With a snap of his fingers, Mo Ling teleported Ma Qing to a distant location, leaving him alone amidst countless fragments of bodies and pools of blood.

Fang Xue watched everything attentively, her heart pounding since the moment Mo Ling transcended to a level beyond this universe. The Asura lineage within her began to tremble, especially as the cultivators and races exploded.

"What did you think of all this?" A soft, gentle voice echoed beside Fang Xue, but even with its gentleness, she felt intense fear coursing through her body.

Fang Xue felt her heart race upon hearing the soft, gentle voice that evoked fear within her. She slowly turned to face the source of the voice, finding Mo Ling standing before her, his eyes deep and penetrating.

"Celestial Asura Master!" exclaimed Fang Xue, her voice filled with shock and fear, for all this time she believed herself to be merely a spectator, and no one should be aware of her presence.

"Why do you fear? I won't devour you," Mo Ling said playfully, trying to calm his fearful descendant.

These words brought some relief to Fang Xue's nerves. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath, trying to calm her heart, which pounded fast and strong like a war drum.

Upon opening her eyes again, an expression of serenity manifested in them, but there were still traces of concern deep within her gray eyes. After all, Fang Xue had never forgotten her situation in the real world, especially the plight of Li Qiang.

"I know you're worried, that's why I brought you here, to help you," said Mo Ling, sensing Fang Xue's anguish and seeking to alleviate the young girl's concerns.

Fang Xue was somewhat surprised by Mo Ling's words. How could he know what she was going through, considering he was from the future, many eras ahead?

"Insolent girl, my strength is unfathomable. Seeing future fate is simple for me, someone who has reached a level beyond this universe. Therefore, I know your situation. But before we continue our conversation, I need to do something," Mo Ling responded to Fang Xue's unspoken questions, slowly raising his hand.

Then, with a quick and precise stroke, Mo Ling cut his palm, causing a drop of dark crimson blood to float before them.

Perplexed, Fang Xue watched what Mo Ling was about to do. However, the drop of blood began to attract all the blood and fragments of the surrounding cultivators.

The drop of blood looked like an insatiable black hole, not letting out a single drop. As it sucked up the remains of the surrounding cultivators, it grew, turning from a tiny drop into something the size of an apple.

This process lasted for a full 10 minutes, and the 'blood apple' continued to expand and take on the form of a human being entirely made of dark crimson blood.

When the void was completely cleared, the 'blood figure' displayed an imposing presence. Mo Ling then made a slashing gesture, perfectly splitting him into two equal parts, which quickly regenerated and turned back into a complete human figure.

"You two are my creations, born from the blood and bodies of various powerful cultivators, also carrying my blood in your veins. Never forget my will. Always seek freedom and eliminate, without hesitation, anyone who tries to deprive you of it. As you two were born of blood, I baptize you with a new race, the Asuras."

Mo Ling concluded his words, and the 'blood figures' began rapidly growing organs, bones, muscles, and skin.

In just one second, these two forms already resembled normal, living people. The only distinctive feature was the nine-petal lotus between their eyebrows.

Fang Xue wore an incredulous expression on her face, after all, she had just witnessed the birth of the Asura Race!

My mother used to say, "Don't make promises you can't keep."
In some comment in the last chapter, I promised that I would make Fang Xue and the bandit camp come back in the next chapter, but I couldn't fulfill it ;-;
But, I have a good reason, my desire to write came back with everything, but I'm out of time (I'm working in the morning and studying at night), and this afternoon I wrote this chapter smoothly and when I saw it, I still didn't go back to Fang Xue in bed of the bandits, but next time I'll be back there, I PROMISE.
Thanks for everything.
With love, Author.

40