Explanations and Gifts.
462 3 37
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Fang Xue's heart was in turmoil. After all, she had just witnessed the creation of a race that challenged the heavens: the Asuras.

Furthermore, Fang Xue finally understood why the Asuras were so powerful. They emerged from a drop of Mo Ling's blood, a being that transcended this universe, and fragments of the bodies and blood of various powerful cultivators from different races.

This granted them a natural talent that defied the heavens.

"Go forth and do as you wish in this universe, and remember, the only thing capable of stopping you is yourselves," Mo Ling said to the two Asuras before him. They quickly nodded and disappeared to someplace in the universe in the next instant.

"It's a pity that they will die in the end..." A loud and sorrowful sigh escaped Mo Ling's lips, and his words made Fang Xue's heart tremble slightly. After all, the Asuras would cease to exist in the future, and Mo Ling already knew this.

"I have already mentioned that it is simple for me to glimpse the future of this universe, although not completely. And that is thanks to you. You are a person without a predetermined fate, meaning your destiny is not set in stone. But because you are still weak, I can glimpse various things about your future, although some may not come to pass.

"The stronger you become, the more influence you exert and the more you destroy destiny. With that in mind, I found a way to infuse the Asura lineage into your veins so that we may meet today," Mo Ling said indifferently, as if interfering in someone's future eons ahead was a simple matter.

"What do you mean by giving me my Asura lineage? No... For what purpose did you do this?" Fang Xue spoke in a somber tone, as she disliked the idea of someone defining her future.

"Don't worry, I did it with the best intentions, even if they are selfish. Long ago, I realized something: someone from outside the universe is manipulating certain things behind the scenes.

"One of those things was the birth of Ma Qing, or rather, the Celestial Dao gaining consciousness. This entity from outside the universe wants something, but I don't know exactly what it is. However, I am aware that in the future, due to this entity, my creation, the Asura Race, will cease to exist.

"Of course, I don't want that to happen, but I cannot directly interfere. For that reason, I sought someone to avenge my race and protect this universe from anything this entity may do, and you were the best candidate I found." Mo Ling revealed all his motives and even mentioned that he knew of someone from outside the universe, whom Fang Xue presumed to be the same person responsible for Li Qiang's downfall.

Fang Xue remained silent for a moment, assimilating Mo Ling's new information. However, several questions still occupied her mind and made her uneasy.

"I have some doubts. First: How did you grant me the Asura lineage?" Fang Xue asked, curious about one of the mysteries surrounding her, as Mo Ling's answer could explain her birth.

"It's simple. I bestowed the Asura lineage upon your father and mother, but it was never activated," Mo Ling answered Fang Xue's question without showing any concern.

Fang Xue nodded, as Mo Ling's response dispelled the doubt about how she, a mix of demon and human, could have been born.

That should have been impossible, but with the Asura lineage, it became possible. After all, they were a race born from the blood of various other races, so producing offspring between two distinct races was a simple matter.

"Now, my second question: Why can't you interfere in the destruction of the Asura Race?" After Fang Xue clarified an internal doubt, she asked something that deeply intrigued her.

After all, with Mo Ling's power, saving the Asura Race should be an easy task, but by his own words, he couldn't do anything. Perhaps this entity external to the universe was so powerful that not even Mo Ling could confront it.

Thinking about this, Fang Xue's heart sank slightly. If even someone like Mo Ling was powerless in the face of this existence, what was left for her?

"What a rude thought, you underestimate me too much," Mo Ling huffed lightly, displeased at being underestimated by a little girl.

"But I understand your doubt. I'll try to explain it simply since you are too weak to comprehend certain things, and our time is running out.

"Why can't I interfere? It's because as someone who transcended this universe, I am subject to more powerful laws and cannot casually interfere in a universe that cannot bear my strength.

"In this way, even though I wish to save the race I created, I cannot interfere in their life or death, as it would require the use of my powers, which would go against those laws and cause many problems for me." Mo Ling briefly explained to Fang Xue the reason for his inability to interfere, but it raised another question in Fang Xue.

"Then how can that other entity interfere in our universe?" Fang Xue directly questioned.

"The power of that entity did not surpass this universe. It took advantage of loopholes in the Universal Laws to freely interfere in our universe." Mo Ling responded, giving a vague explanation to Fang Xue, not because he wanted to be a mysterious and powerful Elder using ambiguous words to teach the younger generation, but because Fang Xue was still too weak to handle certain universal secrets.

Fang Xue nodded in response to Mo Ling's words, feeling a certain relief knowing that the power of that entity did not extend beyond the universe, giving her a chance to fight against it.

"Well, we're short on time now, so I'll speed things up. When I granted you the Asura lineage, I did so with the intention that when a strong and powerful emotion dominated you, you would be led to this vision to receive a few things:

"Such as becoming a true Asura, receiving the true version of my Sutra, and being informed that somewhere in the universe lies the heart of the Celestial Dao, something that will be important for your future." Mo Ling explained what he would give to Fang Xue, and all these things made her heart race with excitement.

However, what caught her attention the most at this moment was the possibility of transforming into a true Asura, as it would give her the strength to save Li Qiang!

This chapter is divided into 2 parts, because I thought it would be too long (almost 2k words).
But, the chapters will come out together, don't worry.
Also, thank you all so much for your support, no matter what form, whether it's commenting or just reading.
I love you all <3.
With love, Author.

37