Comfort and Revenge.
582 4 36
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Only beings who reached a high level of power were able to sense the aura, but Ming Bai also felt the aura and was overwhelmed by it, his entire body frozen. In fact, the intensity of the aura he felt was even more terrifying than what others perceived, after all, the aura was directed towards him.

His hand, a few inches away from Li Qiang's heart, remained motionless. No matter how much strength he tried to exert to bring it back or keep it in front of kill Li Qiang, his hand wouldn't move. In fact, none of his body parts responded to the commands he issued.

Suddenly, Ming Bai was thrown several meters away, his bones breaking under the impact of a powerful energy. He had no ability to resist and lay completely limp on the ground.

Li Qiang, who had been held by Ming Bai, wasn't thrown along with him, and gravity began to take effect once there was no longer anyone supporting her.

However, before she could hit the ground, Li Qiang was enveloped in a warm and comforting embrace. An extremely familiar scent invaded her nostrils, dissipating all the fear she felt for being the cause of Fang Xue's death.

"I'm sorry..." A soft and relieved voice entered Li Qiang's ears, trembling slightly, indicating nervousness.

Upon hearing those words, Li Qiang felt a piercing pain in her heart, as if tiny needles were poking at it. After all, she, Li Qiang, who should have been the one protecting the person she loved, was making her beloved apologize.

"Why are you apologizing? It should be me apologizing. After all, I was captured, and my death would result in your own death," Li Qiang said softly and in a low tone, seeking comfort for herself and Fang Xue.

"No, I know you tried to help me. It was me who was selfish. I tried to save you, but I forgot that we are bound together by life and death, and my suffering would only bring you more pain," Fang Xue continued, speaking softly and with a calmer voice, although still carrying traces of guilt.

Both of them fell into silence for a moment, seeking to calm themselves and find comfort in everything that had happened in such a short time. Each other's presence was the only thing they needed at that moment.

However, the momentary peace was soon interrupted by a loud moan of pain, leaving Fang Xue and Li Qiang unsettled. However, Li Qiang secretly felt relieved, as she started to feel embarrassed and shy after the adrenaline had worn off.

"Hmpf, since you're so eager to die, I'll grant your wish. But, of course, not before repaying all the pain you caused me," Fang Xue scoffed coldly. Her voice contained no emotion, unlike the tone she had used when speaking to Li Qiang. Now, her voice was filled only with intense murderous intent directed at Ming Bai.

With Li Qiang still in her arms, Fang Xue approached Ming Bai and began using her mental power to control the Qi of the world around her, transforming it into Corrupted Yin Qi.

Li Qiang, still somewhat embarrassed by the earlier incident, was snapped out of her thoughts as she noticed the manipulation of Qi around her and its transformation into Corrupted Yin Qi, all thanks to Fang Xue.

A great surprise overcame her, as Li Qiang could sense that Fang Xue had undergone a transformation of divine proportions. However, Fang Xue was still in the Body Training stage, which made the manipulation of Qi seemingly impossible.

Not only the manipulation of Qi, but to transform it into a unique element like Corrupted Yin Qi should be even more impossible.

The Corrupted Yin Qi invaded Ming Bai's body, who initially feared Fang Xue's retaliation, but soon calmed down. Besides a chilling sensation, he felt nothing more.

Lying on the ground, weak and with his bones completely shattered, yet still alive, Ming Bai knew he was going to die, but before that, he wouldn't miss the opportunity to mock the person who would kill him.

"Hehehe, you really are just a little girl. You wanted to repay the torture I inflicted on you? Is that all?" Ming Bai said aloud, his voice filled with contempt and mockery.

However, all he received in return was a cold, mocking smile from Fang Xue, which he didn't understand.

"Actually, I won't let you fulfill your revenge. I'd rather kill myself than die by the hands of someone like you." Ming Bai ignored Fang Xue's smile and was ready to explode, using his Qi as his final act of revenge against her.

However, just as he was about to detonate himself, a searing pain invaded his entire body, causing him to let out a long scream of agony that echoed through the camp, sending shivers down the spines of the surviving bandits who witnessed everything, from Fang Xue's torture to the present moment.

Ming Bai felt his organs slowly melting, but no matter how they disintegrated, he remained alive, with an intensified sensitivity to pain. His brain was transforming into liquid every second, yet death never reached him.

It wasn't just physical pain; his soul was also gradually corrupting, creating illusions and bringing forth painful memories for Ming Bai, subjecting him to both physical and mental torment simultaneously.

"Brother, why didn't you save me?" Ming Bai heard his brother's voice whispering in his right ear, filled with disappointment, sadness, and anger.

"Son, why do you only bring suffering to those who love you? Why did I have to die?" A female voice also echoed in his left ear. It was his mother's voice, constantly questioning why she had to die because of him.

It wasn't just the voices of his family members; it was also the voices of everyone he had killed that haunted him. The whispers of the dead grew louder and louder, transforming into distorted screams.

Meanwhile, his body was slowly disintegrating.

The physical and mental torture endured for an endless 10 minutes until Ming Bai's body and soul completely corrupted and dissolved, leaving only his intact head and a silver ring. The rest of his body transformed into a black, putrid substance.

Fang Xue and Li Qiang watched it all without feeling any remorse or empathy. After all, if Fang Xue hadn't undergone a transformation, they would have been the ones facing a tragic death.

Fang Xue picked up Ming Bai's head, which happened to roll a bit and faced the lifeless body of Ming Yun, his brother. Without hesitation, Fang Xue swiftly decapitated Ming Yun, keeping the heads of both leaders and their spatial rings.

Then, Fang Xue turned her attention to the still-living bandits and waved her hand, causing an icy Qi blade to form and decapitate them all, not giving them a chance to retaliate.

Fang Xue collected all the heads of the bandits she had killed, except for one that she crushed, along with taking their spatial rings.

Looking at Li Qiang in her arms, who stared at her with curiosity, Fang Xue showed a gentle smile.

"Don't worry, I'll tell you everything that happened, but first, let's take care of a few things." Fang Xue told Li Qiang and began to go through the houses, freeing the people who were trapped inside.

Thanks to everyone who reads my novel, I love you. <3
And don't forget to comment what you think of the chapter and the story in general.

36