1 Dwellers in the Ruins of the City
14 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In a dark room, a woman with black hair was pacing to and fro with a black dress hugging her curvaceous figure. Her silver high-heeled shoes clicked on the wooden floor, making monotonous and intriguing knocks.

“As lonely individuals, we live in this world.”

She pushed back her long hair, revealing a pale face, beautiful yet poignant.

“Agiss, where is the happiness? None of us knows.”

10:07 AM on June 14, 2490, by Earth time. Torrential rain.

I open my eyes, staring vacantly at my surroundings.

Who is that woman...?

The ceiling became wet due to the monsoon, spreading a scent of decay. In the dark room, the only light came from TV images floating in the air.

“Ophidian Force performed another outstanding service, and the young Ophidian agents have succeeded in capturing Metamorpho’s military spies and the details...” An interview is being conducted on TV by a very popular anchorwoman.

“Boss? Finally you woke up!” A boy’s face appeared in front of me, with a rascally smile, curling the corner of his mouth and his face appeared an almost red color popular in to drug addicts.

His name was Aalto.

“Oh...I just had a dream.” I messaged my head.

“Ooh? ‘Miss Black hair’?” he sniffed with disdain. “You must be going crazy for women.”

“No! It is my sister. She is awesome and she works for the government.”

“Don’t be silly.”

The door suddenly opened, and a girl with heavy makeup came in. Her bony face was covered with gold blush and two roses on her shoulders went up and down with her movements, looking like a Flower Goblin in fairy stories.

Her name is Rose.

“If you do have such a brilliant sister, why are you still muddling along alone?” Said she.

“Maybe I have separated from her.” I argued. “This is the only consolation of my little broken heart, stop casting a cloud over me.”

“How dare you say it’s the only consolation? You don’t remember how you fell out with her, which means you must have forgotten your sister totally. Move over, Aalto, give me a seat. There is important information about Ophidian Force today, have you heard?”

“Oh, you’re watching!” The boy named Aalto pushed me over, sitting down on the edge of the bed.

An advertisement had just passed and the anchorwoman was talking to a blonde woman in a bright studio which with simple layout.

“Ah! Harriet Grey! I love you!” Aalto and Rose screamed with excitement at the sight of the woman.

I frowned and looked at the woman on the screen and noticed that though she was elegant, the uniform of the officer and her stiff posture did not look attractive. Her hair on her forehead was neatly combed and she wore a pair of decorative glasses. I don’t understand why Aalto and Rose worship her, but she seems to be intelligent and wise enough.

“Who is she?” I asked, “A movie star or a singer?”

“Boss, are you insane?!” Aalto grabbed my shoulders and shook me. “You don’t even know Harriet Grey, a legendary woman? She has become the top commander of Ophidian Force, the leading spy organization of Earth when she was only 32 years old. What a freak! How can you not know her? All novels, biographies, TV plays and movies feature her as the subject, and you can see her everywhere.”

“I remember! I remember! Stop shaking me”

Finally, Aalto let me go.

The talk show continued. “We know that all the members of Ophidian Force are teenagers. When they carry out dangerous and wired tasks, will they respond in the right way even though being short of control and experience against enemies, will they be fearful and timid to war?” A person in the audience asked.

“When boys of Ophidian Force are fighting for our race and for our nation, they are already beyond their age, gender...and all restrictions.” Harriet Grey sat on the leather sofa, with her slender legs crossing. “That is why they have never disappointed us, and I believe they wont in the future.”

“How much did the Ophidian Force suffer from this arrest of the spy of Metamorpho?”

“Well, no one died, and two or three members are only slightly injured and are undergoing treatment.”

“How much did the spies know about us?”

“It’s not clear yet, we will know depending on the outcome of the trial.”

“Thank you for accepting our interview.”

The talk is over, and there are three-dimensional words on the screen promoting patriotism.

“There are brave and battle ready Combalmen of Cosmic race, the mollusc Metamorphoman being able to deform, Orcishman being extremely strong, Aquaticman taking up most of water resource, and us Earth humans remaining uprooted from home. Whomever becomes the real master on Star II will become rich in resources, ready to survive the future? Young men, let’s fight for our nation, for our race, and for our future!”

I’m lying in a room of the city on Star II, I didn’t see what the ‘rich resources’ are.

“All right.” Rose calmed down from the excitement and looked at her watch. “It’s almost time to ‘work’.”

“What do you want to do today? Robbery? Or business?”

“The business, of course.” Rose glanced at Aalto. “I got something new -- ‘Belles’, and there are a lot of people waiting to get it at the bar!”

Hi guys, I am Whitney. This is my first book in scribblehub. Hope you will enjoy it!

0