Chapter 2
185 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

******

Within the clamoring classroom, the students of Class 2-B were scattered around their desks, engaging in the types of activities that one would expect of high schoolers. With some of the more popular kids choosing to discuss after school plans, there were a few girls who chose to gossip, as well as some of the nerds and otaku playing co-op on their portable gaming consoles.

While these cliques may have practically nothing in common, they were able to haphazardly coexist due to the binding factor known as 'the social hierarchy'.

With this in mind, Class 2-B was like any other. An average, run-of-the-mill group with absolutely nothing out of the ordinary-"Alright maggots, listen up!"

The students' idle chatter was abruptly cut short when the classroom's door had suddenly opened. Signaled by this out-of-place exclamation, almost all of the students had chosen to immediately straighten their backs, save for one.

With the posture reminiscent of a disabled sloth, this student remained slouched at his desk without the slightest hesitation or care.

Seated in the leftmost desk in the second-to-last row, while giving absolutely no indication towards acknowledging the presence of anyone in the class, much less the teacher who just entered, Sora chose to continue doing what he's done since the beginning of his enrollment at Gyakusetsu Academy.

Sleep.

Even as the teacher took a confident stride towards the podium, his attitude didn't change.

Even as the class representative signaled the greeting once the teacher reached the podium, he didn't care.

Even when the teacher began to take attendance, he did not respond.

Completely absorbed in his own world, Sora had once again successfully created an isolated, unapproachable atmosphere.

Once the teacher had finished taking attendance, she began to list out the morning announcements, along with any reminders on upcoming school events and activities.

After that was finished, when she began to hand out the test results for the midterm exams, a small gust of wind had managed to snatch one of the exam sheets.

Lightly gliding through the air, the sheet of paper had managed to expertly maneuver itself directly onto the owner's head of the aforementioned exam, which was coincidentally Sora's.

With the sheet resting itself comfortably on his head, it seemed to suddenly lose all energy as it eventually draped over Sora's eyes, almost as if it were reflecting its owner's current state. But contrary to popular belief, his expected score had two more additional numbers for a grand total of three. But even as his results had managed to literally 'fall' from the sky, Sora paid no attention. In fact, it seemed as if he lost even more interest if it were possible. But what seemed even stranger than that was the fact that no-one had noticed this seemingly supernatural occurrence.

******

Hm, this dream again.

Taking a glance at my surroundings, I immediately recognized the landscape that I was standing in.

Realizing that this would take a while, I took the opportunity to relax and close my eyes.

Taking a deep breath in, and then slowly exhaling, I relished both the fresh air of this world, as well as the total lack of people. Surrounded by nothing but the sound of the birds chirping, the leaves brushing past as the wind carried them to places unknown, and the pleasant smell of nature's bounty, I was given a small reprieve of what was to come.

But sadly, nothing lasts forever. 

Without the slightest warning, my surroundings were replaced by the flames of war. 

Frustrated with the turn of events, as well as knowing what was to come next, I forcibly changed the scenery back to the grassy plains. Once I made sure that everything was the same, I let out a heavy sigh as I flopped on my back. Looking at the clouds, I was reminded of another dream that I've previously had. 

As I started to close my eyes and reminisce, I suddenly notice a large opaque cube appearing in the sky as it began to open, revealing three distinct individuals who began falling at a rapid pace. Confused as to how I landed in this world, I decided that this had gone on long enough, so I willed myself awake.

******

Spoiler

078-111-071-097-109-101-078-111-076-105-102-101

[collapse]
3