Chapter 3
146 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"H-huh? Where am I...?"

 

Suddenly finding myself in an unfamiliar environment, I hastily scanned my surroundings for any distinguishing features or traits but quickly realized that it was pointless due to the complete lack of any kind of detail or decoration. Because no matter where I looked, the only thing that I could see was white.

As there was no indication of the presence of anything else in what I can only assume to be a room, I couldn't tell where I was or even how large the room might have been.

Afraid of what might happen if I chose to sit and stay here, I jumped to my feet and began searching for a way out.

But just as I began my plans for escape, I was quickly caught off guard by a voice inside of my head that was not my own.

 

LEAVE

 

As this earsplitting phrase was spoken, I could feel my ears ringing as I reflexively brought my hands to my head, desperate for a moment of pause from the terrible migraine that I felt. As this continued on for an unknown amount of time, I felt my consciousness slowly slip away as the ringing continued.

******

 

Opening my eyes, I quickly sat up and managed to hit the snooze button on my alarm clock before it went off. 

Covered in a cold sweat, I felt as if I had a nightmare but couldn't remember what it was. The only thing that I could recall was a dark entrance and three heads... Ignoring the shiver that ran down my spine, I shook my head to try and forget about that stuff, instead choosing to think about my first day of school!

Throwing my covers off, I jumped out of bed and opened my curtains, allowing the beautiful sun to cast its morning rays on my face and body, only to remember that I was wearing nothing but my unbuttoned pajamas.

Hurriedly closing my curtains as quickly as I had opened them, I then started my daily routine to prepare for the first day of school. Once I had finished taking a shower, I quickly got dressed and exited my room. 

Walking down the stairs, I noticed that my family members were already there. 

Quickly greeting them, I rushed to the table in an effort to make it to school on time.

"Whoa! Slow down there, Yuki. You don't need to be in such a rush!"

"But if I don't hurry, I'll be late for the first day of school! I have to give a speech at the opening ceremony as the first-year representative, don't you remember, dad? Anyway, I have to go. Thanks for breakfast!"

"Well, that may be true, but- hey wait! Be careful crossing the street!"

"I'm not a child, dad..."

Slipping on my shoes in the doorway, I quietly muttered this to myself as I grabbed my bag and quickly left the house.

 

******

"Good morning, Mr. Yamashiro!"

As I was walking through my neighborhood to the train station I happened to pass by the kind old man who lived nearby.

"Ah, good morning, Yuki. How's the family doing?"

"They're doing fine, thank you for asking! Sorry for leaving so soon, but I have to hurry if I want to make it to school on time! Have a good day, Mr. Yamashiro!"

"Ahh, thank you. Oh, but be careful crossing the street!"

Leaving after I said my goodbyes, as I took a brief glance at my phone and quickly sprinted towards the street I thought I heard Mr. Yamashiro say something, but simply shrugged it off. 

As I finally made my way to the train station, while waiting for the traffic light to turn green I was surrounded by other people waiting for the morning commute. Growing bored, I took out my phone and started scrolling through Messenger.

As I was reminiscing at my conversations with my friends, I could feel my surroundings shift. Assuming the light turned green, as I took a step forward I could hear a few people call out to me. As I looked up from my phone I could see a truck barreling towards me.

At that moment I unintentionally froze, paralyzed in the presence of certain death. The moment I realized this, I could feel my surroundings slow down as my brain worked overtime in an effort to somehow find a way to survive this. Sadly all of the possible outcomes were either impossible or completely delusional. With no solutions to this dilemma, I could only stand still and wait for my inevitable demise to come via truck. 

With what felt like hours but was only a fraction of a second, my awareness was quickly cut off as the truck finally hit me.

 

******

Well, I bet you all could see the outcome of this from a mile away, right?

Also, sorry for the tone shift on and off throughout the chapter. Still working out the kinks of how I plan on writing my stories.

Spoiler

084-104-101-121-116-114-105-101-100

[collapse]
3