10: Caught between intrusion and proposition.
406 6 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

PoV: David.

Ku only chuckles at Prader's sudden disgust, in her own search around the console. Thankfully, she neither comes around to this side of the desk, nor does she lean over to see me.

"Hey Prader, almost every goddess comes to have one or two ... or ten ... or a hundred ... of those. Even a brainy gal like me needs something that cannot say no. Depends on how unreliable are the males around us."

This last part seemed to be a particular dig at Prader; he gasps in an angry way.

"D, don't talk about that!"

"Jeez Prader, you act like such a sissy, for an overgrown thief and thug," she dares.

And Prader seems to come to a sudden decision, he throws the dildo hard, still vibrating with its steady buzzing, to this corner of the room. Ku of course has time to step aside, and the object impacts against the corner, shattering into a fair amount of pieces. Pink shards of glassy matter go every direction, and the spell construct dissipates into the aether.

... well guess I won't be recycling that object, any more-

"Done here," Prader grunts. "Gonna see what's taking Bo so damn long."

This means, it's me and Ku Dara. I sense her sniffing, sensing the air in here, and ... gulp.

I hear her softer voice, almost whisper. "Stay. This is only a raid, we will leave soon. I will explain later."

... ?

My confusion is nearly palpable, almost a solid effect you could cut with a knife.

Am I supposed to ... respond to her?


I hear Pug exit from the west room, minutes later.

"Damn, it's more of a garden. Damn veggies! Where's the guy's meats!" Crunch. "Oh fuck I just stepped on something sharp! Did that pretender already have time to setup traps? I ... I'm outta here!" And then, he pulls out a (pink?) shard from his foot, and hop steps toward the door. "I'm bleeding-"1Dildo fragment cuts intruder ... fragment is victorious!

"Oh come on, it's only a little trickle out of the foot."

"It hurts, bitch."

... is he saying, this group knew who is here, me ― and this is a targeted attack?

Why ... just ... why.

... I mean if it had something to do with Gabi, or her disappearance, or some 'debt' she may owe ... it's fine. Well no it is not fine, but at least I could understand why.

And because I was in the social space, the deity's lounge, and I said those things ― indicating I was then alone, with maybe only a mortal companion of a goblin girl ― maybe Prader suspected the four of them could end us before we got them?

Anyway. I will remain calm ... if only to just 'wait out' the raid.

Pug vanished from the room; and in a second, I feel less 'pressure' about this situation ― some latent deific ability I 'should have' to warn me of these things? Or some sensory ability I should have about the rooms, items, and people within my domain?

Footsteps come from the east, at least one person has left the crafting shop. My senses seem to sharpen once more; it's not Prader, so that means it's the girl Bo. Then the other footsteps ― Prader again ― and Bo speaks up.

"Get away from me you freak!"

"But Bo, why don't you wanna do it-"

"Not in someone else's domain you sick perv! What if he comes back-"

"-fuck it, we're four of us, we can kill one lone guy."

"That's not it! We intrude into his space, so he gets rights to kill us free and clear, if he wants!" Bo seems to sob lightly. "I should not have come, I have kids, Prader, kids! I'm not meant to do this!"

... oho, I think I heard he's willing to attempt to murder me, if he could. And also her scared answer ― I can too, if I want.

Plus this makes me wonder what would happen to this realm while they are here, assuming they could kill me. Evidently not an immediate 'realm collapse' or something, but a gradual enough disappearance so they could escape with their own lives, maybe even grab a few more things on the way out of here. I ... I don't want to try it and find out; but I do worry this is the case. Hell even if they only still wound me, and then leave ... it's a dangerous situation right now.

I want to see this world succeed, where before, Gabi did not help it to the fullest extent.


So ... what do I have here.

Four insurgents. One left, due to stepping on the shattered dildo material on the floor. One is fearing her own demise, or what will become of her children, and rightly so; I might let her off lightly if she shows more remorse and willingness to 'repent'. One is maybe hiding my presence, if she knew I'm here ― pretty certain she might, or suspect ― and might help me turn the tables. The other is the gutsy boss who maybe arranged all of this, pressuring the others to go along with it.

Was this Prader's first attempt at breaking and entering? and burglary? Probably not, he's not so unfocused about it, if I understand from what I've seen even on Earth. Maybe not a professional at it, but it might not take a deity long to learn this trade.

I have my inventory. I have ... a weak knife.

Is it enough ... to somehow surprise a 'god of war' and take advantage of a situation.

Normally ... no. But. Ku Dara said it. She called Prader, a 'sissy'.

Does this mean ... he is notably weak?

I heard in that lounge space, mortals who are bullied in a past life and ascend to godhood may wish to be a god or goddess who has 'power' or 'strength' or 'wrath'. They overcompensate. Being a god of 'war' might mean, Prader somehow felt out of control, and in this existence seeks to 'control' others by bringing about the confusion and destruction associated with ongoing combat-

At least, this is my assumption. I haven't been wrong yet, have I? No, I have not.

Then maybe I should also assume, Ku Dara might also have her own reason for being here. Maybe to take on Prader, maybe to investigate his gang, maybe to get her own revenge, maybe all three things too. For this moment, I can only do as they do ... go along with the flow of events.

"Where's that weasel Pug, still looking around the other room?"

"Nope; he finished already. When he came back in here, he stepped on a shard from that dildo you threw around, and went home crying."

"Fuck! He knew he's not supposed to return to my realm without me being there! My self defense systems-" Then Prader's light shined all around the console. "Hey what's that then."

"Oh ... some old tech console. What runs the place, I'm sure. Got shut down when you fired off the Intrusion System."

"... is it worth anything in salvage?"

"Nope. Nothing ... er less than the effort you would expend to take it out. Nowadays the domain systems are all automated and self upgrading. This, only upgrades by the master or mistress who manages the space; and even then it's slow to build up to anything decent Probably the upgrade service isn't even around, anymore ― I seem to recall the deity who worked on this system once, he has an old shop in the shopping space, third district, Lethe Street. But hey, I also kinda like some of this 'old tech look' stuff, it can also do some things the newer systems cannot."

"... shut up bitch, I don't care about a trash system."

"Oh you better care. What would you say if this system were fully built up? I heard, one of a similar model was capable of repelling an invasion of three hundred deities in another space, once it was fully loaded. What was the god's name ... on the tip of my fingers ... ah yes. Ton Demo. Ton Demo's Tech Shop, District Three, Lethe Street-"

"-what the hell!?!? You actually appreciate old junk?"

I don't know, I think Ku might only be calmly smiling back at Prader.

"If it were at full strength, your little intrusion would not have gotten through. Or if you did, this system would still be functional, and the deity here would be able to capture you into his prison ― if he had one."

"... anyway fuck it I'm done here. Let's go."

After they filed out of the room, I held my position for a couple minutes, in darkness. One by one, I felt their presences leave; and at last, felt the 'Intrusion System' of Prader disconnect the effect, and the reboot of the local space.


I exhale, sensing also Luria's system booting up, while I'm watching all the little blinkers making light furiously.

And then, all the lights return; illumination fills the domain's room.

"Master! I must report an intrusion!"

"... I know. It happened while I was here, and I hid until they passed through and left."

"... master? They left?"

"Sure. From my earlier trip inside the lounge space, I did come to know two of the four beings who were the intruders. So what are my options, after the intrusion? How can I proceed?"

"Master. You now have three options. One; do nothing, be thankful for your safety ― this is what Gabi would do when the intruders would come here, she would let them take what they want and go. Two; present a complaint among a lawful deities' supporting agency, which is said to have an office also available from this lounge space. Three; perform your own investigations on who they are and why the intruders did this, and then get your own revenge."2... or if you readers can think up other possibilities, I'd retcon in what seems feasible in this situation ... or at least to explain why other other solutions are not possible with Luria/system status like it is....

"But ... other than this ... to see to the upgrading of the system and safety of the space?"

"Master. I have limited information on this topic; the best chance is now in finding someone who worked on this or other systems of the same type."

... back to that.

For a certainly I can almost believe, Ku Dara would have been speaking those last few lines for my benefit, so I'd know how to prevent this from happening again. It's not a one hundred percent kind of logic; only a feeling. Can I trust those words? Is there such a person, as ... as this, Ton Demo?3... Ton Demo, calling Ton Demo-

... I want to find out. But that means, buying yet another 'room'.

I look into my DP balance-

*sigh*

They took it all. I'm depleted.

No, worse still. I see a 'charge' left in there. Explanation: the invader gets to take up to one day's worth of DP income ... which is happening, right now.4Yes I am still filling in the 'raid logic' to happen between deities. Why this isn't tracked? Well balance transfers in the deific spaces are considered 'confidential' and 'private' transactions; so ... no financial policing of who raids what just by their balance transfers- (Hint your thoughts on this topic to me, if you wish; I'm building out the inter-deity raiding possibilities slowly.)

"They took all the DP-"

"... Master. Such is often the case. Former mistress was also raided quite often; I believe some deities call this 'DP farming' of the weaker deities."

Aah gaming topics. Such is a thing, in this case. In my own gaming past, I'd done this too; in an MMO setting, I'd had a ... call her a 'nemesis' ... who I shall admit to farming mercilessly. Hmm I wonder why she quit the game, it was fun farming her space.

Aha but no. In this case ... me quit the 'game of life', of my existence here? It seems, maybe this is yet another reason why Gabi 'quit' in her own case.

I think ... I really do understand Gabi ... more than I want to. And that is a scary thought on its own.

At the end, even she might have only come to value herself through the eyes of being a 'farmable' resource for others. How or why she continued to exist as long as she did, I do not know; but it's now clear, she did not tell her friends even this, perhaps out of the deepest shame, something she could not win against.

"... okay, can the cleaning of the Approach be continued from this interruption, and how long until the DP income reaches the point where the well can be constructed."

"... cannot be computed."

"What? Why?"

"DP has dropped below the point where the Approach room can be sensed by this system."

... oh.

"... oh."

Nothing more can be said; I'm stunned and I'm also sure this is not 'fun' for Luria/system to not be able to sense parts of the domain.5That is not the worst of it; in this same time, David will not have the DP to transfer to the mortal world, much less do anything if a second raid were to happen here-

"In the interim. Can you talk with me about me selecting a domain?"

"Yes master. I have knowledge of many domains, as well as their benefits and drawbacks-"

This might take some time; if I had some popcorn I'd just sit back and listen to her chatter.


PoV: Kika.

"Kika queen. Say ... Lummi okay?"

Kika rustled Lummi's hair, and laughed. "Lummi okay. Make weird noise and weird smell a lot, but okay otherwise."

"Is okay, Lummi be warrior to Kika queen?"

"Lummi, you want to be a warrior of my tribe?"

"Yes! Yes! See blue, words. Lummi understand! Yes be warrior!"

I saw Lummi, punching a space in the air in front of him and hopping around.

"Lummi WAIT!"

Lummi stopped dancing.

I whispered to myself. "Is it, a change of profession, or is it ... evolution?"

"Lummi see word, 'profession'. Lummi see word, 'Evolution'. See push profession on evolution, mean what?"6Evolving a profession?

"I do not know. But I do know someone who may know-"

"Kika sister."

I spun around, to see-

"Kari sister? Good to see you."

"Good to see you too, Kika sister." She came forth into a hug, older twin sister Kari now much smaller than me. "Gukka saved me. Gukka told me, Goddess Gabi is no longer here? But she called forth a human?"

"Yes. He is God David, and ... my mate."

Kari's eyes grew. "The ... book? The words work? Words come true?"

"Yes." I let out a large smile, many teeth showing much sharper now than my past mouth size could have held. "He let me taste him the first time because he was too big to go in me, then I also evolved into this," I motioned to myself, "so then we were able to do the other, make the babies."

"... and this human, he did not want you to die?"

"No. He also called Kika cute, and also said I am his wife. Words from the book."

"Kika sister I am so happy for you, maybe he will do this for me, and I can do the evolve-"7Yeah right, because THAT would make everything better.

"Hope. But then. I hear something else, sad words. Kari listen, this is the sad thing-"

"... Lummi not understand. Lummi not know Kika words, Kari words. Why?"

"Kari know this is words from Gabi before she left."

I added, "Is okay if you not know, we talk for a while, you stay on guard Lummi."

"... Lummi watch good. Better than find orc, fight orc, die. Not want go splat-"8Just because goblins know their throwaway nature, does not mean they will willingly die ... except by order of their tribe leader, which is often absolute-


PoV: Samiel.

"... ooh Indra, why do I feel so hot-"

*cough*

Samiel slowly noticed, she felt her body temperature rise. It's not strange for a lamia's body to go through warming and cooling times, throughout a day; but this felt different.

*cough, cough*

"David, where is my David-"

"Mistress. You keep asking this, but I do not know."

"... oh I feel too damn hot. Am I okay, or not?"

"... Mistress Samiel, your temperature is too hot, even for your own race-"

"I KNOW DAMMIT-" She held a hand to her head. "Ow I have a headache. Ow, remind me not to yell-"

"Mistress you wish to be reminded not to yell."

*sigh*

"Okay thanks Indra-"

"You are welcome, mistress."

"... ooh I can't stand feeling this hot, I'm burning up-"

"Mistress, maybe try a cool water bath?"

"... maybe-"


PoV: David.

At last I felt like holding up a hand, to interrupt Luria just so I can summarize.

"So, if I understand the broad points ― in some ways it's a seller's market, and in others it's a buyer's market."

"... essentially correct, master, if I understand your business analogy. With additional footnotes to those technical articles."

At its basest, every deity did not 'start out with' any domains; these had to be either earned, or bought into. The first one a deity gains will always be the most important to him or her; deities would obtain additional domains as required, through time. But places where a deity has access ― such as a shopping space and lounge space ― had clusters of deities seeking to draw new deities into their groupings, as well as 'free agent' new deities who either sought out the most profitable domains for them or their world, or 'free agent' new deities who held off from selecting any domain too.

The latter two kinds, they were the targets of the former one ― those who had a reason to gain members of a domain sought them out as valuable. After all, the latter kinds might have proven themselves to be very selective, and only want 'the best'.

Gabi had bought into the 'merriment' domain; but I wonder if that is attached to this deity's realm or not, and whether it could be removed if it was attached.

On an unrelated note, I want to figure out what domain has no ties to Prader the God of War, or what domains he does not have ties to, and then select from among them. Probably, something like generosity or compassion ... since he probably has neither, since war is generally the absence of those two, too.

Also I note how the 'daily DP income' is now hovering almost to the forty DP mark, if averaging from the past four hours. It's sad someone like Prader could just raid someone to take it away. To him, it's probably 'chump change'; but for me, it's clearly a life or death matter ― every single DP which goes out without return is a DP which I cannot use to benefit myself, this realm, my world, or my people. And as I have promised myself this, I will for all time strive to be ... what Gabi was not.

This is not to say, I should also take the opposite domain of Gabi; what, take a domain something like always being serious? Oh I could; but I also like my own humor, my humor always gets me coming (punny, right) and going (no scatological humor though).

"Master, by your current trend of silence, may I presume you are contemplating a domain to select?"

"... yes and no. There are maybe a few I would consider; but as of yet I still wish to keep the options open. Since, after you just said, it can be a seller's market; and if I 'sell' my first purchase of a domain to a group, I want to ensure it is beneficial too. Also I am realizing selecting a domain might also put me in a contest against opposing domains."

"This is also true. Former mistress also said something of the same note; how if she had chosen Peace or Forests or even Mountains, her existence and world would have had much different experiences."

"But why is this, Luria? Does a domain so easily change what a deity can or will do?"

"Yes master. Each domain might allow a specialization within it, as well as allow learning of abilities, skills, and talents unique to that domain."

"... I wish I could see a master list of all those, though."

After a few seconds of silence from Luria, I added more.

"So by your silence, I assume ... no such master list of domains would exist?"

"Uncertain. Some of the most ancient of deities' orders and organizations have been said to have compiled such lists; but as of yet ... this may be unconfirmed by any except those in said organizations."

I nod in response. It doesn't really require response; but I think Luria grows more accustomed to my personal quirks as I do them. And plus it both indicates an accepting mood, as well as confirm my understanding of her words. The first few SeraBot and Sera/AI versions were both like that, querying me also, until I added in a psychological data model for it computing this.

"... so then about the earlier statement ... building a well is also part of the requirement, for building you a physical body?"9Aah David, just open that can of worms why don't you.

"Yes master! It is because the body will need a steady connection to incoming DP, during the critical early phases!"

"Whoa hey, I see you are eager for this, but ... it is still a short distance away. What more is needed?"

"Master, if you have a worship mana well, this is approximately forty percent of the cost. Thirty percent is in having both the well capacity and the core room functions at the maximum sizes for one week or more. Twenty percent is in having a certain amount of mineral matter to combine for the result. The remaining ten percent is in finding a mortal body to 'consume' and convert to the desired appearance; it can be recently deceased, but should also not be diseased or have other genetic defect. Note also while this Luria you see does not have the physical traits in a status screen, for the completed body these traits are limited to what the physical traits of the offered body was before this, once melded with the mineral resources and reformed via the masses of DP."

"So ... use some soft body and have a Luria which is also soft, or use a hardened body and have a Luria which is sturdy but not easy to hold?"

"... essentially correct. If having a pleasing body which is easy to touch is of importance, then a human or succubus may be the best body form to consume; but it will have other downsides to it. If on the other hand you want a strong body such as to provide defense against ... say, an intrusion ... then perhaps an dragon or even rock golem body would be better. But also, those do have their downsides as well."

She forgot to say 'master' here too. But her open smile showed, she had more thoughts than what went to including an appellation or term of respect. Determining what might be the best for her ― and secondarily, the best for me, perhaps? Or the other way around.


After another couple hours of wandering ― doing little bits of work in the Garden and Workshop spaces ― I finally get the words from Luria I'd hoped would be so.

"Master, the Approach is once again connected and now clean. The placement of where the mana well will be, precisely centered in the room, is already marked."10Where did she find the DP to manage that? I dunno; maybe she found some spare change stuck in a sofa somewhere? lol -- but no, it's more like, micromanaging the differences between the actual to-the-millisecond DP income versus the general hourly 'DP-drain' that Prader pulled on this space. Luria might now be thinking 'outside the box' for these solutions... #BusinessAccountingStuff

"... oh, this I have to see-"

It's a first, seeing the 'Approach room' in its full cleaned glory, a place where approaching mortals and guest deities might first be forced to come (no pun) in my realm. True to her words, it is indeed so much more clean than it had been in the last ... however long.

It is precisely a square space, one hundred by one hundred meters, by however many meters deep 'below the surface' and 'air space' it would need to maintain. Oh I can also see those metrics ― ten meters deep of simulated ground, and fifty meters tall in air. Any Garden or Forest or Cropland or other growing space I have in the realm add to the fresh air replenishment strategy ... so, it's good for now, even with the Garden.

The ground itself feels like a soft dirt with traces of small soft grass, almost like a planting zone, such as what the crop and livestock fields might be. Indeed I see how it could be farmed as well, but the 'capacity' of living beings allowed to transfer within it is limited to the walkable surface area, divided by four. That well I see, it might only be a one meter square footprint; but it's got a tiled stone border lining around it, making a two meter by two meter space set aside for the well and its border. Then by deduction, ten thousand square meters minus four square meters, equals ― nine thousand nine hundred ninety six square meters, divide by four and get ... two thousand two hundred ninety nine people. Hmm, pretty packed by that number-

But in no way do I want to go that type of 'mass calling' of people up to this space ... unless for some reason I had to do so. Eh ... hey wait that could be a way to deliver the cure, when I find one! Mass teleport the sickest ones here, have them drink the DP mana from the well which is laced with this cure, then send them off asking for them to continue their prayers ... well maybe it'll work. I'm probably going to get a lot of people who are still selfish in their motivations; but if I can at least start on the worst of the infected ones, then maybe I can bring that percentile infection rate down, from its 'over forty percent' threshold.

"Master; the collection of worship mana cannot be initiated until the well is constructed. However, the resources which have been taken from the Workshop storage space includes raw mana strengthened stone used in building the well. This strengthened stone can be formed from common stone found in the mortal world, or formed directly by expending your own personal mana. Either option comes at a high DP or mana cost ― but the latter option is the highest cost, to you."

"... um. Okay well then, where in the world can I find the closest form of stone to the end result?"

"North of the city where I sent you, one dwarven camp can be found sitting just inside the mountain. The dwarf at the head of this under mountain city is brother to the maker of Gukka's war axe you repaired, when you first went to rescue Kika. Also of note, the amount you require for this and other future improvements would delay their dealings with King Aaren for previously agreed upon stone."

"Hmm, a connection comes back to me, I see ― does this also mean I will somehow meet the undead champion of a necromancer as well?"

"Yes master, this is highly likely. The undead creature can be sensed by me roaming about a desert area, on the verge of holding onto sanity and reason. She is-"

"... she?"

"Yes. This necromancer preferred raising female companions, to males. He desired females who were notably beautiful in life; former mistress did try to avert his attempts somewhat; his raising attempts would be seen to 'misfire' and raise another body instead. This summoner might have also been losing his sanity too, from this misdirection."

"And so I take it, at least part of the time Gabi was not able to avert or confuse his raising and summoning activities."

"Correct, master. The undead champion which is now roaming, was formerly the woman former mistress was cultivating toward becoming her own first champion, before she was killed by order of the necromancer to one of his other minions."

"Is this before, after, or concurrent to Gabi experiencing the break with Dhareff?"

"... master, the would-be champion's death came only one day before the other master broke off the relationship with former mistress."

"Aha."

So ... in reality ... virtually all of Gabi's actions ended up in some major 'unlucky' results?

... oh, no wonder she's at this state. I can only hope Petrina finds Gabi-

"What next. I have thoughts of continuing to meet new people but I also want to see some of those I have already met as well. I think, Kika wants to be left alone for a while or I would call her back; Samiel is as well as she can be so I don't have to go to her; which leaves wondering about the goblin tribe or the city."

"Master, the goblin tribe led by goblin king G'gorsk is now within sight of the city."

"Hmm, can I see a tactical view-"

It popped up, whether prompted at his intent, or by Luria anticipating.

From an aerial view, the human city sprawled over an area one and a half square kilometers, more or less. The forest on the southwest side of it was thick, and a goblin army could easily hide within it until a time to strike was right. One king, all the princes and generals and lieutenants ― and well near one hundred fifty various goblin fighters or warriors. Some of them archers, maybe a dozen or so bombers or sappers. A well rounded army, from the point of view of the goblin king.

"I wonder what they have planned for fighting."

"Insufficient processing to dedicate to audio or zoomed-in visual tracking, master."

"Aah that's okay, I'm thankful to even see this much. Obstruct them?"

"... projecting decoy now, Master-"11Also goofed on the logistics of DP used for that; but to end the next scene I think it's a funny effect. Maybe only becuase I imagine it as it might happen?


PoV: Goblin king G'gorsk.

King G'gorsk crouch. Watch human city from behind tree.

See city, many people walk, ride cart or wagon. Wall big thing block goblin chance walk in city. Is why, human think human smart. Smarter than goblin. No, goblin smart too, in other way.

King look way in. Wagon go in city gate? Is small goblin fit in back of wagon, go in too? Goblin sneak in secret way?

Princes, generals, also look way in, from other tree view. Two prince four general go west then north, 'flank' city. Two prince four general do same but east then north, 'flank' city too. Is fine, have Kursk run pass message to west, have other one go east then north, keep talk plan make late night fight.

If sun go down, if moon is up, then ... goblin army sneak in close to city. Then make fight, LARGE fight. Maybe, break wall then goblin army run in.

Is plan. Army units know, follow king. Is order, command. Any disobey, any fail, king eat. Ha ha many little goblin tremble and pee and poop when say. Ha ha.

Wish Gagor here. Gagor tell sign success, this day. Sad Gagor leg hurt, not know why. Not want father Gagor hurt though.

When be night, see many thing.

Ha ha.

HA hA.

HA HA HA!

Oop. No mean reveal hide spot-

There, human hold sword run this way?

Time fight? We go!

Where human-


PoV: David.

*r-r-ring*

"Hello," I say after answering, to the audio-only call.

"... hello. This is Ku Dara ... we met-"

"Listen, you have to come here and clear up for me, what the hell is happening."

"-precisely what I have in mind. Will you permit me to come over?"

"... assuming, you no longer have any ties to a certain overgrown sissy thief thug."

"This is what I will explain. May I come over."

"... fine, behave yourself while here, I don't have a lot to offer but yes you can come."

"Excellent! Be there in a sec dear!"

*blip*

After the call ended, I can only assume she's taking a second to 'straighten up' her appearance-

I'm still kneeling here, where the well should go; it's still a concern I no longer have the material to form this well. And I damn well know who took it, don't I.

*chime*

{accept}

A gentle hand rested on my shoulder-

I leapt, spun around, and backed away ― to see ... a completely different image of the Ku Dara I first saw from the lounge, when speaking to Petrina and others.

Still the same height and hourglass form, with some striking differences. Before, she had on sharp tailored leather gear which accentuated her curves; here, she wore a white dress, flowing and clean, almost like the wedding dress my SeraBot so desperately wished me to buy.

I find it easy for memory to overpower; I'll have to hold back and listen to the particulars instead of striking out on my own means.

"David. Thank you for letting me come to you."

... th, that sounded alluring, something is rising already-

She looked me over, and grinned softly.

"Ahem. Um. Well then about ... earlier, Miss Ku Dara."

I can sense my DP income rising too, ever so swiftly; this woman as a deity must be many times more powerful than I or even Gabi or Petrina must be. This must mean ... the DP leaking through to a host realm from a guest must be a function of their comparable power? By which I think, maybe if I go see Petrina's world, I would not give her so much either. But this ... Ku Dara is giving me a fair three hundred DP per hour. As compared to Petrina being in my space for an hour and a quarter, and gave me around a hundred fifty DP.

She smiled sweetly though ― indicating she held no antagonistic feelings here. Why then was she part of such an attack?

"Please, call me Ku. Looks like you are making progress, I like what you're doing here." She extended a hand, and as I reached out and grabbed it, she pulled me up forward and right ― inches from ― face to face. I can feel her breath, she can feel mine-

I pull back, by reflex.

"Whoa hey, what's going on here-"

"Simple. I have some things to tell, but I must ask for your word of maintaining confidentiality, also of the confidentiality of your Luria system not exposing these same details."

"I give my promise. Luria?"

"As you wish. I am also designed to not divulge secrets, unless they bring harm to others-"

"-yes I know. It's that, 'Sentience Code, Part Three Paragraph Thirteen, Second Sentence' bit."

"Yes mistress."

... huh?

"... huh?"

"... what, nobody told you anything? Oh that's right, what you said in the lounge space-"

"Yeah. Like, nobody explained anything, beyond what few things I've picked up or Luria was at liberty to say, from all of what Gabi left this place in the state of being."

"Ah I wonder though, if this is the case."

"I know what I saw!"

"Do you? Think, David ― a deity's existence spans more than one, two, three dimensions. I saw essences of your playful frolicking with your little goblin girl, in there. It's also attached to you ― in a way that cannot be cleansed from this deity's space and your essence until your system upgrades to a certain point, and your own DP income is increased past a certain point."

"Well then I might already be screwed, past the point of no return."

"David why be so negative? By your own explanation earlier, do you not also think Gabi is on that path? If you want to, what did you say ... give her some encouragement too and best wishes ... then, don't you want to keep yourself from falling into the same trap?"

"Yes I ... oh okay I see. I still think it's a difficult time for me, here-"

"Why is that, hmm."

I give my best frown, then intone with a heavy voice: "because someone took the last of the resources I was going to use to repair the mana well."

"Aah," she answered, nodding slowly and deliberately. "And now, we get right back to the reason for me coming."

... you can come all you want; I would rather get the direct answers though. Eh ... I won't pass up a coming-

She winked. "We can get to that, later dear."

*sigh*

"Would you like to sit and have a cup of tea, or something?"

"Certainly, love."


I poured from the fresh generated pot of tea.

"So ... you were saying-"

She took a fair moment to sip at the beverage, then nodded at last before speaking.

"As I have asked and received your word of secrecy, I am now free to say what is, and has been, going on in the deific realms. I am ... have been for a couple centuries ... an undercover agent for the 'Lawful' domain. Even we deities need to uphold lawful means within the full realm of all deities."

"... w, w, wait. You telling me, some undercover work is going on here?"

"Yes. I was already twice as old as Gabi is now, when I first saw her in the deific spaces. Back then, the prominence of 'raiding deific realms' had not gone so far as it has recently; but even then our organization was working to find out who, what, why, and how. An attempt to fight the rampant inconsistency-"

"-on Earth in the gaming sphere, we used to call it 'farming'. A stronger player attacks a weaker player, again, and again, and again ― ad nauseam. This is what I think is going on, here. It must have been part of the reason why Gabi is ... ready to jump."

Ku Dara's eyes widened, but she added nothing for the last thought.

"Yes, this 'farming' of deities preying upon their fellow deities, this has been going on for too long. Well. For my latest undercover work, I have found myself inserted into a temporary alliance with one god, playing a fair maiden out for adventure, even if it is not so legal or legitimate a way to come by the resources. Raiding."

"I assume you are getting to a larger point?"

"-in time, I will come to the point."

"Ku Dara, if you-"

"Just Ku."

"Ku. I am fine with flirting, and later I might see more of you for it, though for now I have larger issues than dealing with this. So, please say your point."

"This is the other part. I want you to accept me as your girlfriend. Or wife, or whatever you want to call it."

"... hoo boy-"

"I don't care which term; but I need you to accept me."

I saw, no matter how flustered I seemed to be, she sat there the perfect form of etiquette and manners. Kind of like how I wrote in code for Sera/AI to behave, though the real Sera did not have enough energy or life left to practice such.

"What ... like a 'sex friend' type arrangement?"

"Not saying no, but not just that either. A brainy girl like me needs some stimulating intellectual conversation, too. But then also for yet another reason ― you leak out your thoughts, unintentionally. Like you are even now, with thoughts about me and you-"

"S, sorry."

"Hey I didn't say I mind, now did I honey? And yes while I do seem to you quite eloquent and a true picture of etiquette ... in reality I can get down and dirty the same as any other female in existence. Though I do resent your thought of comparing me to your goblin mate."

...

"Nice try to silence the inner monologue; but it's still there. I don't mind, if it were just myself; but now that we've had this conversation, you are aware of things which would cripple the ongoing investigations and also put my fellow workers of the lawful purpose at risk. Thus, I need for you to ... accept me, so I can teach you some mental effects to limit this from happening again."

"Is this only to be for a certain time and then you're gone, never to return?"

"No, it's as real as you're willing to give and get. I have offered the same in the past; so others do have the same experience you may, in coming months and years."

"Then ... that's all ... I just have to say yes, or accept you?"

"Yes. And also if you must know, a goddess in my line of work always has a target upon her life; if I'm to die someday soon, I also want to have decent relationships with caring companions. Yet another reason I will choose you. All those thoughts, you certainly do and did have positive thoughts aimed for Gabi's return. Hey even if she does, I wouldn't mind the three way split. Or four way.12... and a lamia, and a foxkin girl, and a harekin goddess, and- As long as when I need a gentle touch, you would not reject me. Otherwise ... back to my own hands for the job ... as I know you have experience with, David."

"... a tentative yes, as I don't know how my few current romantic options here will feel about it. But I have nothing against you being my ... companion."

"A bit vague ... but I can accept it. For now." She smiled, then sipped down the last gulp of tea. "A final concern. Those thoughts of the robot and AI systems, also a neat idea. They would have an advantage here which many deities would love to have. In short, the magic equivalent, some 'system' like you see in Luria in that corner, have their weaknesses as well. And when it comes to golems or magical constructs, these are too often at the mercy of whatever entity summoned them, as to their mental capacity. No; with your AI systems, you bypass a lot which the magical domains cannot do, even now."

"... Mistress Ku Dara! This is an unfair attribution-"

"-it's completely true, Luria. It might take me a century of argument to prove it; but in the end I will be proven right."

"... Master-"

"I am not saying she is wrong, Luria; as I can see some ways in which she is also right. Sorry Luria but I have to consider the possibility and reality of a situation."

"... as you wish. Master."

There she is, reverting to equate herself like a 'slave'.

"Oh, but she is a slave, of a sort. David. This 'Luria' you see ... she is a data model the earliest system engineers put together, with both adaptability and stubbornness, to fit most situations. In some ways this system you have can get locked into trying to be stubborn and hold to a thought; and at other times the system gets caught up trying to be flexible to the deity's needs. Aha, I see you know what I mean; Luria has thought to offer herself ... as a physical form ... as being all you need for a mate, or companion. Well I won't say that's wrong, so much as short sighted-"

Thus chastised, Luria kept silent. I continue to sip at my tea.

"... then, we go cuddle now?"

Ku smiled. "Not just yet-"

David's romantic options, or alternatives?
Results are only viewable after voting. You must be logged in to vote.
7