87. Yin Ren Mansion
3.1k 7 102
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Lin Fei then opened the letter from Ling Yao. In the letter, Ling Yao had indeed obtained the Burst Qi Pill recipe for Lin Fei, which was tucked inside the letter.

Lin Fei took out the recipe and memorized it carefully before putting it into his pocket. Afterward, he burned both letters.

"What a coincidence. Just as I've received the Burst Qi Pill recipe, Lin Miao has broken through to the first level of the Qi Condensation Realm. It seems I have to make a trip back to the Lin family. I need to find out what's going on with Lin Miao's breakthrough. And also have Lin Miao try to see if he can refine the Burst Qi Pills."

Lin Fei had a plan in mind. So, without any delay, he got up, rented a fast horse, and left the mountain once again.

...

Lin family, Zhou Mountain Mansion City

Lin Fei returned to the Lin family, looking tired and dusty. After meeting with his parents, he went directly to Lin Miao's courtyard.

The courtyard was still filled with Yin Qi, making people shiver. As soon as Lin Fei entered Lin Miao's room, a faint smell of decay filled the air.

"Hmm? Bloodstains!"

Lin Fei's senses were sharp, and he immediately noticed some bloodstains on the ground. Although the bloodstains had dried, it was evident that they had appeared recently.

Lin Fei quickly found Lin Miao, who was sitting cross-legged on a cushion, seemingly meditating and condensing Qi. An invisible layer of Yin wind surrounded him.

Lin Miao, now at the first level of Qi Condensation, seemed to have changed significantly from before.

"Lin Miao," Lin Fei called out.

"Whoosh."

Lin Miao suddenly opened his eyes.

"Young Master, you're back."

Lin Miao tried to show a smile, but his expression was somewhat stiff, perhaps due to his cultivation or some other reason.

Lin Fei got straight to the point, "Lin Miao, you wrote to me saying that you've advanced to the first level of Qi Condensation."

"Yes, Young Master. I had a stroke of luck recently, allowing me to reach the first level of Qi Condensation ahead of schedule." Lin Miao revealed a smile.

"Fortune? Is it related to the bloodstains on the ground?"

"You have sharp eyes, Young Master. My fortune is indeed related to the bloodstains on the ground. Ten days ago, a strange old man suddenly broke into my courtyard.

He was a Qi Condensation cultivator, probably at the second or third level, with profound spiritual power. Seeing that I hadn't even reached the first level of Qi Condensation, he ruthlessly attacked me, intending to kill me, seize my residence, and plunder my treasures.

Unfortunately for him, he didn't expect that I had been practicing the Zombie-refining Technique. Over time, I had already taken control of a few zombies.

Then, I caught him off guard and killed him instead. I obtained some good items from him, allowing me to break through to the first level of Qi Condensation ahead of schedule."

Lin Miao recounted the details of the incident.

Although Lin Miao made it sound simple, Lin Fei knew that the process was anything but. The old man was injured but not foolish. How could he have barged into the courtyard without any precautions, trying to kill Lin Miao?

The old man must have been prepared and even felt confident in his success. But even so, he was still killed by Lin Miao. This Lin Miao was not to be underestimated!

Lin Fei carefully recalled Lin Miao's appearance back in the broken temple.

Lin Miao had followed the old Taoist for so long. He seemed frail but had not been killed by the old Taoist. Later, Lin Miao was captured by Lin Fei and fell into his hands. Still, Lin Miao didn't die.

Now, a strange Qi Condensation cultivator came prepared but still died at Lin Miao's hands.

Once was an accident, twice was a coincidence. But three times, it was definitely not an accident or a coincidence. This Lin Miao was cunning and not as simple and innocent as he appeared on the surface.

However, Lin Fei didn't care what trump card or reliance Lin Miao had. Lin Miao was no threat to him. That was enough!

"Lin Miao, where is the old man's body?" Lin Fei asked again.

"I didn't dare to keep it, so I burned it with fire."

"And the things on the old man, you must have kept them, right?"

"I kept them. Young Master, please take a look. This is a piece of jade marrow that I obtained. It was this jade marrow that allowed my Qi Condensation speed to skyrocket, leading to my breakthrough. Unfortunately, it seems that the jade marrow is almost used up. And this token, it has 'Yin Ren Mansion' written on it. This old man must have come from Yin Ren Mansion."

Lin Miao took out many items he had obtained from the old man. He showed them all to Lin Fei without any concealment.

Lin Miao was a smart person. He knew very well what to do and what not to do. In front of Lin Fei, Lin Miao didn't dare to hide anything. After all, his life and death were in Lin Fei's hands.

"Yin Ren Mansion..."

Lin Fei glanced at the jade marrow, which was indeed almost used up.

This jade marrow should be able to increase a Qi cultivator's absorption of Spiritual Qi, thus accelerating its cultivation speed.

However, it was a consumable item. Once used up, it would be useless.

It was the "Yin Ren Mansion" token that made Lin Fei feel a little worried.

"I don't know what kind of power this Yin Ren Mansion has. You killed him recklessly, and although you burned the body, you still left some things behind. It's hard to guarantee that it won't be traced.

Now, burn all the things from the old man's body. Include this token, burn everything. Even if you can't burn it, destroy it completely. Don't leave any traces!"

Lin Fei said decisively. He had a feeling that this old man could be a problem.

"Yes, Young Master. I will deal with all the things from the old man's body immediately."

Lin Miao didn't hesitate. He took out all the things from the old man's body. Then, in front of Lin Fei, he burned everything.

Lin Fei even saw a Qi cultivation method and some secret manuals. Lin Miao might have read these methods and secret manuals.

This was Lin Miao's opportunity. Lin Fei didn't point it out. After all, if Lin Miao's strength and realm were higher, it would actually be a good thing for Lin Fei.

"Lin Miao, my purpose for coming back this time is to let you try refining the Burst Qi Pill. Here is the pill recipe, study it for one night. Tomorrow, I'll bring you the materials listed in the recipe and let you try to refine the Burst Qi Pill."

Lin Fei handed the Burst Qi Pill recipe directly to Lin Miao.

Lin Miao glanced at it and said with a smile, "Young Master, I am now at the first level of Qi Condensation. And with the Yin Gathering Formation, I can quickly recover my spiritual power. There should be no problem with this Burst Qi Pill."

"Good, start refining the pills tomorrow."

After giving instructions, Lin Fei turned and left the courtyard.

...

Outside Zhou Mountain Mansion City, a Taoist in a robe was about to enter the city.

Suddenly, the Taoist raised his head and looked towards the city.

"The connection has been severed... I placed a Thousand-Mile Tracking Technique on the identity token of that Yin Ren Mansion remnant. He didn't notice it before, but just now the connection was severed. Was it discovered?"

The Taoist frowned, with many thoughts flashing through his mind.

"Hmph, what if it was discovered? You're already injured, and you can't escape far even if you try. You should still be in Zhou Mountain Mansion City. If the city gates are closed, where will you run?"

The Taoist sneered. He asked the city guard soldiers and learned the direction of the Prefecture Yamen. Then, the Taoist headed straight to the Prefecture Yamen.

102