88. Something Terrible Has Happened
2.8k 8 89
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Lin Mansion, the side courtyard.

Lin Fei brought the materials for the Burst Qi Pill recipe to Lin Miao.

"Lin Miao, these medicinal ingredients are not cheap. You must refine them with care," Lin Fei said, looking at Lin Miao.

"Young Master, I studied the Burst Qi Pill recipe last night. There should be no problem," Lin Miao said with confidence.

Lin Fei nodded and stepped back, watching Lin Miao refine the pill carefully.

It was no wonder Lin Fei reminded Lin Miao. These medicinal ingredients were indeed not cheap. Just buying the materials for one furnace cost about 10,000 taels of silver. Lin Fei bought almost enough materials for ten furnaces, spending 100,000 taels of silver.

This was only the price of the raw materials for the Burst Qi Pill. If it also factored in the cost of hiring an innate expert to refine the pill... Nine Profound Sect's treasure pavilion sold Burst Qi Pills for 10,000 taels of silver each was not expensive!

Lin Miao was already familiar with refining pills. After throwing the materials into the pill furnace. he started a fire and turned the materials into a sticky liquid.

This was the pill liquid.

Then, Lin Miao controlled the heat with his spiritual power, slowly refining the pill.

"Young Master, refining the Burst Qi Pill is not easy and takes a long time. You can go down and rest first, and I will notify you when it's ready." Lin Miao said to Lin Fei.

"No problem, I have nothing else to do anyway. Watching you refine the pill will also expand my knowledge."

Lin Fei didn't mind. He wanted to watch the refining of the Burst Qi Pill personally.

While Lin Fei watched Lin Miao refining the Burst Qi Pill, at the Zhou Mountain Prefecture Yamen, Prefect Wang was now standing in front of a Taoist, bowing slightly, said with a flattering smile, "Immortal Master, the city gates have been closed.

Moreover, according to the portrait and the information provided by Immortal Master, we have sent people to inquire about every household. Please rest assured, Immortal Master, there should be news soon."

The Prefect looked at the Immortal Master with a hint of desire in his eyes.

An Immortal Master!

The Prefect had some understanding of Immortal Masters. According to rumors, these Immortal Masters were capable of living forever. Moreover, the Taoist in front of him was an Immortal Master from He Mountain Dao.

He Mountain Dao was a sect recognized by the imperial court. It belonged to the orthodox Daoist school. The Immortal Masters of He Mountain Dao had the imperial court's credentials.

As a prefect, he dared not offend the Immortal Masters of He Mountain Dao. Besides, encountering an Immortal Master was a great opportunity.

"You've done well. After the matter is accomplished, I will reward you with a pill. It won't make you live for hundreds of years, but at least you won't suffer from illnesses and can enjoy your twilight years."

This was the promise given by the He Mountain Dao Taoist to the Prefect.

Pills! These were things that many ordinary people dreamed of having.

"Report." At this moment, a voice came from outside.

"Come in." The Prefect said calmly.

Soon, a yamen runner entered with a quick step, and reported to the Prefect, "My lord, we have investigated and confirmed that the wanted person in the portrait did appear in Zhou Mountain Mansion City. The last time he was seen was near Dan Gui Street."

The Prefect nodded and then asked the Taoist, "Immortal Master, shall we go to Dan Gui Street and take a look?"

"Of course, lead the way."

So, the Prefect led the He Mountain Dao Taoist, along with a group of yamen runners, they left the yamen and arrived at Dan Gui Street.

There were already many yamen runners and constables here. Almost the entire Dan Gui Street was blocked.

"Who saw the wanted person?" The Prefect asked the yamen runners.

Then, a yamen runner brought an old man. He was about fifty years old, with slightly dark skin and short stature. His eyes were constantly moving, appearing quite shrewd.

However, seeing the grand entourage of the Prefect and the others, the old man was somewhat frightened and stammered, "It was me who saw the person in the portrait. He was wearing a cloak and a black robe, just hanging around this area. It seemed like he was looking for something. He disappeared in the evening."

The He Mountain Dao Taoist's gaze swept across the nearby Dan Gui Street.

"Hmm? The fluctuation of Yin Qi?"

The Taoist's eyes narrowed slightly, looking towards the other end of Dan Gui Street. He saw a huge mansion.

"What place is that?"

The Taoist asked.

Following the direction pointed out by the Taoist, the Prefect took a closer look. Immediately, the Prefect was somewhat surprised and carefully answered, "Immortal Master, that is the mansion of a wealthy merchant named Lin in our city."

"Lin family?"

The Taoist said coldly, "Search the Lin Mansion. The remnants of the Yin Ren Mansion are in the Lin Mansion!"

"Ah? Immortal Master, that must not be done."

"Hmm? Why not?"

The Prefect said with a bitter smile, "Immortal Master, you may not know. Although the Lin family is just a wealthy merchant, they have a son named Lin Fei. Lin Fei is an inner disciple of the famous martial arts sect, the Nine Profound Sect and his martial arts skills are unfathomable.

It is precise because of this that the Lin family has become the top wealthy family in Zhou Mountain Mansion City. Searching the Lin Mansion would be very difficult..."

The Prefect was unwilling to offend the Lin family. After all, the influence of the Lin family in Zhou Mountain Mansion City was growing day by day.

Even he, as the Prefect, had to cater to the Lin family. If he offended the Lin family. The Prefect would hardly be able to accomplish anything in Zhou Mountain Mansion City.

"You're afraid of offending the Lin family, but not afraid of offending me?"

The Taoist's words made the Prefect even more embarrassed.

"Let people search the Lin Mansion! As for Lin Fei, what does a mere disciple from a martial arts sect amount to? Among the servants and subordinates of my He Mountain Dao, all are acquired martial artists. If Lin Fei dares to obstruct, this Daoist will kill him!"

The Taoist's words made the yamen runners and constables look at each other in dismay.

The Prefect glanced at the He Mountain Dao Taoist. He then looked at the Lin Mansion. Thinking about the status of the Taoist, even martial artists wouldn't amount to much in front of him.

With this thought, the Prefect gritted his teeth and said, "What are you all waiting for? Obey the Taoist's orders!"

"Yes, my lord!"

Thus, many yamen runners and constables quickly rushed toward the Lin Mansion.

......

In the side courtyard of the Lin Mansion.

Lin Fei watched Lin Miao, who had been refining Burst Qi Pills for almost two hours.

How much spiritual power must this consume?

Yet even so, the pills still hadn't been successfully made.

Compared to the previous time when he refined Blood-Increasing Pills, this time, it was obviously much more difficult to refine Burst Qi Pills.

Fortunately, Lin Miao's cultivation had reached the first level of Qi Condensation. His spiritual power was much deeper. Furthermore, he had the support of the Yin Gathering Formation. Otherwise, Lin Miao wouldn't have been able to endure continuously refining Burst Qi Pills for two hours.

Just as Lin Fei was about to close his eyes and rest. Suddenly, his ears twitched. He heard a chaotic noise.

The housekeeper, panting, had a trace of panic in his eyes, and hurriedly ran to the side courtyard.

Upon seeing Lin Fei, he shouted, "Young Master, something terrible has happened. The Prefect has led the yamen runners and constables into the Lin Mansion. They said they were looking for some wanted person."

"The Prefect led people to break into the Lin Mansion?" Lin Fei frowned.

The housekeeper couldn't explain exactly what was going on. He only saw that the yamen officials were aggressively entering and immediately ran to inform Lin Fei.

"Lin Miao, continue refining Burst Qi Pills. I'll take care of the situation outside."

Lin Fei instructed Lin Miao.

Then he left the side courtyard quickly with the housekeeper.

89