91. Big Trouble
2.8k 13 100
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The Prefect's face turned pale, and his hands even trembled unconsciously.

He glanced at the breathless Daoist on the ground and his eyes filled with horror.

How did the powerful and omnipotent immortal master, a Qi cultivator, die so suddenly?

"Lin... Of course, the Lin Mansion has not harbored any demons. This official must have been misled by troublemakers. However, Young Master Lin, the death of the immortal master is a serious matter, and this..."

The Prefect began to worry at this point. This was an immortal master, after all. He died in the Lin Mansion and died in Zhou Mountain Mansion City.

Could the He Mountain Dao take this lightly?

This was not just any rogue cultivator. He had a certificate of immortal cultivation. He was as orthodox an immortal master as one could be.

"Where does this Qi cultivator come from?" Lin Fei asked.

"Young Master Lin, he is an immortal master from He Mountain Dao, with a certificate of immortal cultivation on him. He Mountain Dao is one of the immortal sects recognized by the imperial court."

Lin Fei's eyebrows furrowed slightly.

He Mountain Dao?

Although he had never heard of it before, the fact that the imperial court acknowledged it meant that the other party was not some wild rogue cultivator. Instead, they were orthodox Qi cultivators, backed by a Daoist sect!

The death of a Qi cultivator was by no means a trivial matter. Lin Fei could already imagine the uproar this incident would cause.

As for covering it up?

It was simply impossible to cover it up.

Many people knew that the Daoist had come to Zhou Mountain Mansion City. Besides, so many people had witnessed him killing the Daoist today. Lin Fei couldn't possibly kill everyone present.

"Why did this Daoist want to break into the Lin Mansion?" Lin Fei continued to ask.

"The immortal master came to Zhou Mountain Mansion City because he was hunting down a demonic cultivator from the Yin Ren Mansion. Some people saw the demonic cultivator from the Yin Mansion appear on Dan Gui Street. When we arrived at Dan Gui Street, the immortal master seemed to sense some Yin Qi from the Lin Mansion, so he wanted to break in and search for the demonic cultivator from the Yin Ren Mansion. But we didn't expect that Young Master Lin would kill the immortal master..."

The Prefect truly felt that a great calamity had befallen him.

The immortal master of the He Mountain Dao was dead. Regardless of the outcome for Lin Fei in the end, He had certainly gotten himself into big trouble.

"Yin Qi..."

A thought crossed Lin Fei's mind.

He had a vague idea of why the He Mountain Daoist wanted to search the Lin Mansion. It must be the Yin Gathering Formation set up by Lin Miao.

This formation absorbed Yin Qi. The He Mountain Daoist was a Qi cultivator. Naturally, he detected the traces of Yin Qi and insisted on entering the Lin Mansion to investigate.

Moreover, Lin Fei further speculated. The reason the Yin Ren Mansion's Qi cultivator tried to ambush Lin Miao in the first place was probably that he discovered the Yin Gathering Formation set up in the Lin Mansion's side courtyard.

Otherwise, how would the Yin Ren Mansion's Qi cultivator know about Lin Miao's existence?

"It seems that the issue with the Yin-gathering Formation must be resolved. Either hide it or remove it altogether to avoid being discovered by other Qi cultivators in the future and causing more trouble."

Many thoughts flashed through Lin Fei's mind. However, the current issue was how to deal with this Daoist matter. That was the top priority.

"Prefect, take the Daoist's body back with you. Then report to the imperial court, and they will inform the people of He Mountain Dao. Remember, you must explain the whole story. The He Mountain Dao immortal master trespassed into the Lin Mansion without reason and was killed by me. Do you understand?"

Lin Fei said coldly. He was not afraid that the Prefect would not follow his instructions. The Prefect should know what was more important.

After all, the Prefect had offended the He Mountain Dao. If he didn't listen to Lin Fei now, Even if he was an official, the Prefect might not even be able to keep his whole corpse, let alone anything else.

"Yes, yes, this official understands."

The Prefect quickly nodded. Lin Fei was filled with killing intent at the moment. If he didn't agree with Lin Fei quickly, who knew what Lin Fei would do?

Even though he was the Prefect. But now, in various places of the Great Chang Dynasty, were there few Prefects who had been killed? Many officials died inexplicably.

"See the guests out!"

Lin Fei waved his hand.

Immediately, the Prefect ordered people to carry the body of the He Mountain Dao immortal master and hurriedly left the Lin Mansion. At this moment, Lin Fei's eldest brother Lin Wen and his parents quickly approached.

Lin Wen looked at the retreating figure of the Prefect and frowned, "Second Brother, you killed the immortal master of He Mountain Dao, I'm afraid this will bring no small trouble, right?"

Everyone knew that the status of immortal masters was very high. Although the Great Chang was founded on martial power, the status of immortal masters was even higher than that of martial artists.

"There will definitely be some trouble. But I'm not without background either. Behind me is the Nine Profound Sect, and my master is an innate expert! Although He Mountain Dao is an immortal sect, I didn't kill their Daoist without reason.

It was the Daoist who trespassed into the Lin Mansion first. Moreover, I have a good relationship with the Princess of the South King. When the Prefect reports to the imperial court, the princess can also use her influence in the court to put pressure on He Mountain Dao.

For just one Qi Condensation disciple, even if He Mountain Dao is dissatisfied, they probably can't do anything to me."

Lin Fei had already thought of a solution. This matter was big or small, depending on who had the stronger backing.

The Nine Profound Sect alone, Lin Fei felt, might not be enough to deter He Mountain Dao. But if he added the princess, it would be different.

The princess could represent a part of the imperial court's intentions. After all, the world still belonged to the imperial court! He Mountain Dao would certainly have some reservations.

"It's good that you have a plan, but this Prefect..."

Lin Wen was already very dissatisfied with the Prefect.

"The Prefect must be replaced and replaced with someone from our Lin family. From now on, the Lin family must control everything that happens in Zhou Mountain Mansion City! We can't let what happened today happen again. I'll leave this matter to you, Elder Brother. You just need to find a suitable candidate for the Prefect, someone who can be controlled by our Lin family. I can ask the princess to arrange for the Prefect to be replaced by our person..."

A hint of coldness in Lin Fei's eyes. If it weren't for the fact that the Prefect represented the Great Chang Dynasty. How could the Prefect have survived just now?

Although Lin Fei didn't kill the Prefect, he couldn't just let it go either. When they found someone to replace the Prefect, they would deal with the Wang family later.

Lin Fei gave many instructions. Then he went to the side courtyard.

"Hmm? Lin Miao, did you refine the Burst Qi Pill?"

Lin Fei saw that the pill furnace's fire had been extinguished. Lin Miao took out a porcelain bottle and handed it to Lin Fei.

"Young Master, I have already refined the pills, and there are five of them!"

"Five? That's not bad."

Lin Fei calculated. The raw materials cost 10,000 taels of silver. Five pills were produced. So it was equivalent to 2,000 taels of silver per pill.

Compared to the Burst Qi Pill at the Nine Profound Sect's treasure pavilion, which cost 10,000 contribution points per pill, this was already a good deal.

"Young Master, when you killed the He Mountain Dao's Qi cultivator earlier, I was in the crowd. It's all my fault. I didn't know that the Yin Gathering Formation would be discovered by other Qi cultivators.

That's why Yin Ren Mansion's people targeted me, which in turn attracted He Mountain Dao's Qi cultivator. And it caused such big trouble for Young Master..."

Lin Miao was a smart person. He had also heard the words of the He Mountain Dao's Qi cultivator. Naturally, he could deduce that all the trouble was caused by his Yin Gathering Formation.

The Yin Gathering Formation was very conspicuous in the eyes of other Qi cultivators. As long as they got close, they would definitely be able to sense it.

The Yin Ren Mansion's Qi cultivator discovered the Yin Gathering Formation in this way. The He Mountain Dao Daoist also wanted to forcefully break into the Lin Mansion for the same reason.

"First, withdraw the Yin Gathering Formation. Before figuring out a way to hide the Yin Gathering Formation, do not set it up again. However, don't stop refining pills.

I will be leaving the Lin family for a while. But I will leave you a large amount of Burst Qi Pill raw materials. It should be enough for you to refine fifty batches of Burst Qi Pills. As for the rest, you don't need to worry about it. I will handle it."

Lin Fei gave some instructions. Originally, he planned to stay in the Lin Mansion for a while, continuously taking Burst Qi Pills. However, it seemed that he had to leave the Lin Mansion now.

He had to return to the Nine Profound Sect immediately and report this matter to his master and the sect leader. And write a letter to Princess Ling Yao, asking her to help operate and put pressure on He Mountain Dao. Only in this way can this matter be resolved!

"Qi cultivator..." Lin Fei murmured softly.

Killing a mere third level of Qi Condensation cultivator actually caused so much trouble. In fact, it was still because his strength was not enough!

When the time comes that he can kill Qi cultivators as easily as killing chickens, who would dare to cause him trouble then?

After arranging everything, Lin Fei set off overnight, heading towards the Nine Profound Sect.

100