97. Royal Competition
2.8k 10 89
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In six days, Lin Fei arrived at Chang City once again.

Although it had only been a few months since his last visit to Chang City, his changes in these few months could be described as earth-shattering. It was incomparable to a few months ago.

Moreover, during these six days of travel, Lin Fei had not been idle. He still consumed two Burst Qi Pills every day.

Three Vitality Technique was tenacious in character and constantly working hard to cultivate. Thus, during these few days. The cultivation progress of Lin Fei's Three Vitality Technique was steadily improving.

"Lin Fei, you're finally here!"

At the South King Mansion, Lin Fei met Ling Yao.

Ling Yao, who had been a princess for a few months. Her temperament had undergone obvious changes. She had become graceful and luxurious, seemingly no different from other noble ladies.

In the past, Ling Yao was one of the top geniuses in the Nine Profound Sect. She had a strong martial artist aura. But now, it was gone. However, this was Ling Yao's own choice.

Behind Ling Yao, there were also several martial artists. They should all be martial artists newly recruited by Ling Yao. After all, Ling Yao might also have to face competition from others for the position of the princess. She couldn't always rely on Lin Fei to take the stage. Therefore, Ling Yao naturally cultivated her own forces.

"Lin Fei, let me introduce them to you. This is You Shaotian, an acquired seventh-level expert. His Astonishing Cloud Sword Technique makes him extremely powerful!

This is Batu Ganbu, a secret sect expert. Acquired sixth level, and his strength is also extraordinary.

This is..."

Ling Yao introduced them one by one to Lin Fei. Lin Fei simply nodded in acknowledgment.

Among the experts Ling Yao recruited, only You Shaotian and Batu Ganbu could be considered as talents.

As for the others, Lin Fei didn't even remember their names.

Although Lin Fei's expression was calm and somewhat proud, You Shaotian and Batu Ganbu dared not to be negligent.

Since they had joined Ling Yao, they naturally knew about Ling Yao's past. It was with Lin Fei's help that Ling Yao defeated the previous princess and won the position.

Last time, Lin Fei was able to defeat two acquired seventh-level experts.

They couldn't say for sure that they could defeat two acquired seventh-level martial artists. Especially one with a sword technique at perfection, which could even rival a great expert at the acquired ninth level. As a result, they were defeated by Lin Fei's saber. In front of Lin Fei, they dared not to be arrogant.

So, they all bowed and said, "Greetings, Young Master Lin!"

"We have long heard of the Young Master's ability to defeat two acquired seventh-level experts with a single saber."

"We are all very impressed by the Young Master's martial arts and strength!"

You Shaotian took a humble attitude.

Lin Fei didn't answer, but turned his gaze to Ling Yao and asked directly, "Senior Sister Ling, when will the Royal Competition begin?"

"In three days, the Royal Competition will begin. Lin Fei, your timing is just right."

Ling Yao paused and said to You Shaotian and the others, "You can go now."

"Yes, Your Highness the Princess."

Then, You Shaotian and the others left one after another. In the living room, only Lin Fei and Ling Yao remained.

"Lin Fei, what do you think of these people?" Ling Yao suddenly asked.

Lin Fei thought for a moment and slowly said, "They can be defeated with a single slash!"

"Uh..." Ling Yao shook her head helplessly and said, "I'm not asking how they compare to you but to ordinary martial artists. You've comprehended saber intent and killed a Qi cultivator from He Mountain Dao with it. Who can compare to you?"

Ling Yao, of course, knew Lin Fei's "details." After all, the last time Lin Fei asked for Ling Yao's help to jointly pressure He Mountain Dao. Finally, they resolved Lin Fei's trouble.

"Compared to ordinary martial artists, they're not bad. However, if you want to rely on these people to maintain your position as princess, I'm afraid it will be difficult."

Lin Fei didn't mince his words and spoke directly.

"Of course, I know I can't rely on them alone. Isn't there still you? If we really encounter a powerful competitor, having you take action will surely be reliable!"

A smile appeared on Ling Yao's face. If she had any worries before, now Ling Yao had no concerns at all.

Her position as a princess would definitely be very secure. The reason was naturally Lin Fei's presence. Lin Fei, who had comprehended saber intent, was comparable to an innate martial artist!

Even South King hadn't broken through to innate. This showed how important innate martial artists were.

With Lin Fei's support, why would Ling Yao worry about losing her position as a princess?

"Tell me about this Royal Competition. Are there any difficult opponents?"

Lin Fei was more concerned about the Royal Competition. Moreover, he had to fight for the top three.

Because only the top three could get the Heavenly Meridian Pill.

This Heavenly Meridian Pill was something Lin Fei was determined to obtain!

"Difficult opponents..."

Ling Yao frowned and said, "This time's Royal Competition seems a bit different. In the past, the helpers invited by the royal family members were mostly martial artists. But this time, as far as I know, many helpers around the royal family members have actually become Qi cultivators, and they are orthodox Qi cultivators."

"Huh? Qi cultivators?"

"Qi cultivators shouldn't be interested in the Heavenly Meridian Pill. So, what is the purpose of these Qi cultivators participating in the Royal Competition?"

Lin Fei's brows furrowed slightly. He had seen quite a few Qi cultivators and had dealt with them as well.

These Qi cultivators were generally arrogant and proud. They considered themselves above the mundane and believed they were worlds apart from ordinary people.

Therefore, under normal circumstances, they would not stay with ordinary people. Even royal family members were still considered mundane in the eyes of Qi cultivators.

The mere Heavenly Meridian Pill was useless to Qi cultivators. How could they possibly travel a long distance to help royal family members participate in the Royal Competition?

"I also find it very strange. So I asked around and finally consulted my father. In the end, my father told me the reason.

The top three in this Royal Competition will not only be rewarded with Heavenly Meridian Pills. Moreover, the royal family will open a secret realm, allowing the top three in the Royal Competition to enter it."

"A secret realm?"

This was the first time Lin Fei had heard of it.

If it could attract so many orthodox Qi cultivators to compete in the Royal Competition, this secret realm must not be simple.

"Yes, the secret realm, even I heard about it for the first time.

Originally, the Great Chang founding emperor established the nation with martial arts and suppressed the world with supreme martial arts! This secret realm was captured by the founding emperor and became a secret realm of our royal family!

In the secret realm, there are some extremely precious spiritual herbs, which can even be used to refine Foundation Establishment Pills. That's why it attracted countless Qi cultivators."

Whether they are orthodox Qi cultivators or rogue cultivators, they have all gathered in Chang City now. They are waiting for the Royal Competition to begin, competing for the top three spots, and the qualification to enter the secret realm!"

Lin Fei's heart trembled.

Spiritual herbs capable of refining Foundation Establishment Pills.

No wonder Qi cultivators came to the royal family members' side.

Their goal was probably to enter the secret realm to obtain the spiritual herbs needed to refine Foundation Establishment Pills.

"Wait a minute, the secret realm is the royal family's secret realm. The spiritual herbs in the secret realm are also all owned by the royal family. Why would the royal family want to 'give away' such precious Foundation Establishment Pill herbs in this way?"

A hint of unusual light flashed in Lin Fei's eyes. Perhaps, the royal family's possessions were not so easy to obtain.

89