100. It will decide life and death
2.6k 10 92
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"It's been a long time since I've encountered such a martial art with character."

Lin Fei had already left the stage and returned to his original position, still thinking about Fist Intent.

A martial art with character could progress more quickly. It seemed that Lin Fei needed to consider displaying his Fist Intent more frequently. This Fist Intent clearly enjoyed being in the limelight. It was different from Saber Intent.

Saber Intent was cold. It seemed that only through hard work and battle could improve it. For example, under the stone tablet at Ancestral Master Peak, Saber Intent improved the fastest. Fist Intent was a bit slower. It wasn't that Fist Intent was truly weak or had poor comprehension. It was a difference in character. It relished being the victor.

If Lin Fei wanted to speed up the progress of Fist Intent, he needed to give it more opportunities to shine.

"System," Lin Fei summoned the system panel.

Host: Lin Fei

Martial Arts Realm: Acquired Eighth Level

Saber Intent: Mastery (11% Progress)

Fist Intent: Mastery (15% Progress)

Three Vitality Technique: Eighth Level (38% Progress)

Leaping Technique: Perfection (0% Progress )

Flowing Clothes Skill: Transcendence (0% Progress)

Lin Fei glanced at the progress of his Fist Intent on the system panel.

The progress of Fist Intent had already reached 15%. It even surpassed the progress of Saber Intent. This was something Lin Fei hadn't expected. After all, when he honed his Fist Intent and Saber Intent in front of the stone tablet at Ancestral Master Peak, Saber Intent could still improve, but Fist Intent could not be improved further.

Unexpectedly, now, after merely defeating Qi cultivator Yu Xiangzi, Fist Intent had increased its progress by 10%. This was indeed a pleasant surprise.

"Lin Fei, was the Saber Intent you displayed just now?" At this moment, Ling Yao couldn't help but ask.

"No, it wasn't Saber Intent. It was Fist Intent!" Lin Fei didn't hide it. Moreover, he couldn't hide it. Although Martial Dao True Intent was rare, this place was the imperial palace. There were many experts here. How could no one recognize Lin Fei's Fist Intent?

"Fist Intent... So, this is the second Martial Dao True Intent you've mastered. You've mastered two kinds of Martial Dao True Intent?"

"That's right, I've comprehended two kinds of Martial Dao True Intent. Is there a problem, Senior Sister Ling?"

Ling Yao didn't answer. Instead, she looked at Lin Fei with a strange expression. It seemed as if Lin Fei thought it was normal for him to master two kinds of Martial Dao True Intent. But, was it really normal?

Ling Yao was not only a disciple of the Nine Profound Sect, but also a member of the royal family and the princess of South King. She knew many secrets that ordinary people didn't.

For a martial artist, even a supremely talented one, being able to master one kind of Martial Dao True Intent was already a heavenly blessing. They belonged to the extremely lucky ones. Even for those who could achieve the innate realm, comprehending a Martial Dao True Intent was as difficult as climbing into the sky.

As for two kinds of Martial Dao True Intent, it was unheard of. Perhaps only some legendary martial artists could master two or more Martial Dao True Intents.

But those martial artists, each of them had a prestigious reputation. Even some of them were top-notch experts who stirred up the world. In their respective era, they must have stood at the pinnacle of martial arts! Could it be that Lin Fei would also stand at the pinnacle of martial arts in this era?

The Royal Competition continued.

Although Lin Fei had defeated Yu Xiangzi and had preserved the last shred of dignity for martial artists, after the first round, except for very few martial artists who were lucky enough not to encounter Qi cultivators, the rest of the martial artists were all eliminated.

The second round of the competition began.

The number of participants suddenly decreased by half. Those martial artists were no longer so lucky.

When encountering Qi cultivators, even if they had the will to fight and conviction, without Martial Dao True Intent, they couldn't harm the Qi cultivators at all.

In the end, they were all defeated. All that was left of the martial artists was Lin Fei alone.

In the second round, Ling Yao and Lin Fei went on stage.

This time, their opponent was still a Qi cultivator. However, this cultivator was far inferior to Yu Xiangzi. He was stunned by Lin Fei's Fist Intent and even passed out directly.

This was because Lin Fei didn't use lethal force. Otherwise, he could have directly killed the opponent with his Fist Intent.

This was the terrifying aspect of Martial Dao True Intent in the mastery realm. It was far stronger than when it was just in the beginner realm.

Of course, up until now, Lin Fei hadn't displayed his Saber Intent.

Saber Intent and Sword Intent were the strongest attacking Martial Dao True Intents among all.

Once Lin Fei displayed his Saber Intent, most of his opponents would be directly killed by it.

This was just a competition. There was no deep hatred or resentment. Lin Fei didn't see the need to use his Saber Intent.

Moreover, displaying Fist Intent allowed the "Fist Intent" to feel great in the spotlight. As a result, the cultivation speed increased.

Two rounds, three rounds, four rounds...

Lin Fei didn't encounter any challenges along the way until the fifth round. This was the most crucial match because there were only four matches left in this round. It would directly decide the top three.

Only the top three could qualify to enter the royal family's secret realm and obtain a Heavenly Meridian Pill.

"Princess of South King against the Ninth Princess!"

Lin Fei and Ling Yao went on stage in this round. Lin Fei's opponent was a Qi cultivator at the fifth level.

However, the opponent shook his head and said, "Princess, I admit defeat."

"Admit defeat?"

Lin Fei's eyes narrowed slightly. The opponent had admitted defeat without even fighting. It seemed that the opponent was saving his energy to compete with the loser of the other match for third place with full strength.

If he were to fight with Lin Fei, he might not be able to withstand Lin Fei's Fist Intent. At that time, if he were injured, how could he compete for the third place? So, he simply took the initiative to admit defeat!

It saved Lin Fei and Ling Yao some trouble. However, in this round, Lin Fei's Fist Intent couldn't be improved. No battle, no chance to show off. How could Fist Intent improve?

Now, Lin Fei's cultivation progress of Fist Intent had already reached 45%. Such an improved speed was simply astonishing. Perhaps Fist Intent could get transcendence in no time.

The other match started quickly.

The two Qi cultivators competed with various spells and magical artifacts. It was an eye-opener for everyone. In the end, the Eleventh Prince won. The Daoist from He Mountain Dao advanced to the finals.

Ling Yao saw this and frowned slightly, "Lin Fei, we have already achieved our goal of being in the top three in the Royal Competition. The final decision for the first place doesn't have much significance.

At most, it's just an empty title. The Daoist from He Mountain Dao has ill intentions toward you. Although you are not afraid of him, there is no need to fight him in this situation. How about I just admit defeat? I don't need this empty title!"

Lin Fei glanced at the Daoist from He Mountain Dao. Then he nodded and said, "It's indeed meaningless to fight for pride in this situation. Since Senior Sister Ling has agreed to give up the empty title of first place, let's just admit defeat."

Lin Fei didn't necessarily have to have a showdown with the Daoist from He Mountain Dao. There was no benefit to it.

So Ling Yao directly stood up and said, "There's no need for the final match, I admit defeat."

As soon as her words fell, there was an uproar among the crowd.

"Admit defeat, not competing?"

"The immortal master from He Mountain Dao is at the sixth level of Qi Condensation, with deep accomplishments in magical artifacts, spells, and talismans, and is very powerful! Lin Fei's martial intent is indeed strong, but is it really invincible? I don't think so. However, if they don't compete now, won't we not know who is stronger and who is weaker?"

For a moment, many people were discussing and felt very regretful. They had already vaguely treated the confrontation between Lin Fei and the immortal master of He Mountain Dao as a battle between martial artists and Qi cultivators. However, now that Ling Yao had admitted defeat. It meant that this confrontation was off the table.

"Wait."

At this moment, the Daoist from He Mountain Dao spoke. He looked at Lin Fei and said loudly, "Lin Fei, as a martial artist, you killed an official disciple of my He Mountain Dao. You made my He Mountain Dao lose face in front of many fellow immortal cultivators.

Although for various reasons, my He Mountain Dao and your Nine Profound Sect have temporarily put this matter aside, today I want to take this opportunity to learn from you. Do you dare?"

The voice of the He Mountain Dao's Qi cultivator echoed in everyone's ears. Many people only then realized that Lin Fei had actually killed an official disciple of He Mountain Dao.

At this point, people became even more interested. However, would Lin Fei accept or not the provocation of the He Mountain Dao's Qi cultivator? After all, this confrontation was no benefit. The only significance might be to resolve the conflict between He Mountain Dao and Lin Fei.

"Swish."

Lin Fei raised his head, his gaze sharp as a saber.

"If I unsheathe my saber, it will decide life and death! Are you prepared for death?"

Lin Fei's calm tone now seemed as cold as ice. As soon as his words fell, everyone held their breath and focused. The entire arena became silent, so quiet that one could hear a pin drop.

92