Chapter 12. Presentation at the banquet
1.9k 5 90
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The sudden appearance of the crown Princess came as a surprise to everyone. But people were even more alarmed when they noticed that she did not come here empty-handed.

— Ah! It's blood!

The princess's clothes, shoes, and even her face were stained with blood. The marks of her shoes left terrible bloody footprints on the immaculate parquet of the banquet hall. Blood literally flowed from her like a river.

Such a terrible sight obviously caused panic among people. Someone screamed, and someone lost consciousness. But most of them froze in place, afraid to make a sound.

— Father, Mother, I congratulate you on your anniversary.

Upon reaching the stairs, the Crown Princess threw the bag she was carrying right at the emperor's feet. It was from him that the most blood flowed.

— A-a-a!

The Empress screamed as the man's head rolled right in front of her feet.

The emperor's face was pale, he could not utter a word, as if he was about to faint at any moment.

Only Lillian was able to approach and look at her sister's «gift» without fear. The second princess shuddered because she recognized her immediately.

— This… The Emperor of Color.

— what? The Empress broke off.

— This head belongs to the Emperor of Color.

At that moment, shock appeared on the faces of everyone present.

The Empress was most stunned. After all, she was the one who came up with this plan from the very beginning.

The woman flushed and blushed, not letting people guess that her plot had failed.

— W-what horrors are you doing!

In the midst of all this turmoil, only a smile remained on the lips of the crown Princess.

She resembled the snarl of a monster from the underworld.

Black hair, merging with the darkness. Golden eyes that shine even in pitch darkness. Her face was so beautiful that if it wasn't for someone else's blood, it would be impossible to look away from it.

The crown Princess of the Dallas Empire, Cayenne de Ronan, was like a poisonous flower. At first glance, he is immaculately handsome. But it is only necessary to get closer, as it can turn into a fatal outcome.

— Mother, I think you have misinterpreted my intentions, — the girl said casually, — As a crown princess, I have come to honor the anniversary of the empire with my presence.

The Empress got up from her seat and pointed angrily at her with a shaking finger.

— And-exactly! You are the crown princess! How can you do this on a holiday?

— Not at all,» she objected, «I just wanted to inform you that I have successfully fulfilled my father's will. From now on, the Coloring now belongs entirely to you.

When reminded of him, the emperor shrank into his shoulders in fright. He couldn't admit that he was terrified of his own daughter.

Meanwhile, the same sarcastic grin froze on Kayena's face. Apparently, she was having fun.

Finally, Robert de Ronan gathered his courage and spoke.

— You… How many people have returned with you?

— Not at all.

— Wh-what?

— I came back alone, Father.

The Emperor cleared his throat.

— B-but of course…

— Ah, this, — the girl lazily remembered, as if it was something insignificant, — All my soldiers died in the first battle. That's why I went through the war on my own.

The Emperor and Empress were covered with horror. They couldn't believe it.

— There… There was an army of ten thousand. How could you?

— Father, you made a little mistake,» Kayena corrected him, «There are fourteen thousand people in the troops of the Coloring.

— Fourteen?!

— yes. So I just had to kill them all.

The ballroom was crowded with dumbfounded people. Only a caustic grin remained on the princess's lips.

No one could believe it. Fourteen thousand? No man is capable of doing such a thing alone! Apparently, the girl fought every day without a break for rest and food. Therefore, all her clothes and weapons were completely soaked in the scarlet liquid.

At that moment, the emperor grabbed the handle of the throne to keep from falling.

He couldn't believe that he had actually produced such a monster. Could his daughter really be a demon?

— I hope you will accept this modest gift as an anniversary gift.

There was a note of mockery in her tone.

The Emperor cleared his throat. He tried to hide the animal terror awakened in him to the last.

— You… You've done a lot! He stammered, «This is truly worthy of the title of Hero of the Empire. As a reward, you… You can ask me anything you want.

The Empress turned to him with an angry look. But the emperor ignored her indignation.

Could he really refuse the Crown Princess at such a moment? It would be equivalent to voluntary suicide.

Cayenne de Ronan chuckled.

— Thank you for your generosity, Father. I will definitely think about what kind of reward I want.

Sweat trickled down the man's face like a river. He nodded weakly.

— And now I think I'll go. The road took a long time. I need to get some rest.

— O-of course, go…

The Crown Princess left the ballroom as quickly as she entered. Leaving everyone present in a state of shock and horror.

When the girl disappeared from view, leaving pools of blood behind her, the sighs of people who were holding their breath all the time began to be heard.

The Empress was beside herself. Veins bulged on her forehead, and her breath caught in her throat.

Irina de Ronan looked after the departing crown Princess, squeezing her knuckles until it hurt. Her nails dug into her skin. Lillian looked at her worriedly.

She was the only one in the room who remained calm during Cayenne's presence. Probably because I have long been accustomed to such antics of my sister. Although, admittedly, this performance was the most ambitious.

Anger bubbled in the Empress' throat.

«Today… This thing has to die today!»

90