Chapter Seventeen: Fend the monster off.
93 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Follow the ground and meet me at the team's location. Avoid any zombie you come across, and move fast," he said to Rika in a sharp tone.

Ash immediately dashed off through the roof of the buildings towards the direction of the team, leaping and jumping through the air just to get there in time.

Meanwhile, the teammates were currently resting due to exhaustion from the killing.

"I wanna sleep for a week," Sinon voiced as she lay on top of the vehicle, gazing into the sky.

"What did you do that you wanna sleep for a week?" Jared asked as he sat on top of the pile of zombies he made. "All you did was shoot from your sniper rifle,"

"Do you know how powerful the recoil is? Even after shooting for a while, I still can't get used to it," she answered as she brought her palm to the front of her face.

"I need a bath," David added. 

"Huh? You too?" Jared asked him this time. "Who else wants to shower?" 

"Not me," Gareth answered. "I just can't believe we survive that wave of chaos," he gripped the gun in his hands as all they went through moments ago played in his head.

Suddenly, a faint quake shook the area but almost no one noticed it.

"Huh? Do you hear anything?" Diva asked as she glanced at them.

"Yeah," Jared replied with a serious look on his face. 

"You did right?" Diva asked again.

"Yeah," he suddenly changed expression. "Simon's tummy won't stop rumbling," he pointed out in a sarcastic manner.

"You fool," Sinon shouted as she threw a pistol at his head.

"Hey, you wanna kill me? What if that thing was loaded, huh? I would have died right? Why can't you just use your small head for once," he yelled at her as they both began to exchange words.

Meanwhile, Diva was still suspicious of what she heard and tried to listen to whatever she found suspicious.

Again she heard the faint quake and then her suspicion was right.

She tried to gauge where the quake was coming from as it immediately got louder and more serious, alerting the rest of the team.

They all turned in the direction Diva stood in front of and soon...

A humanoid zombie burst through the buildings from afar as it charged at them with speed.

"Shit, what the hell is that?" Jared immediately plunged at whatever weapon he could find.

"It's massive," David added.

"Is that a zombie?" Sinon asked as she got up.

Immediately, Jared collected the remaining rounds of sniper ammo and grabbed hold of Sinon's sniper rifle.

Luckily, he had the build to hold it as he loaded the rest of the ammo.

"Hey, give it back!" She reacted to her gun being stolen but Jared didn't care.

He aimed for the humanoid zombie that was getting closer to them.

"Diva!! Get out of there," the others shouted out to her as she stood in the way.

She held on to her long metallic bat and the crowbar Jared had been using.

She had a solid fearless expression as she waited for the creature to come closer, calculating every step it took and where to strike.

Jared immediately opened fire at the monster's head but the bullet bounced off.

"What the?" He was shocked for a second but quickly aimed the sniper rifle again at the eye of the zombie.

After releasing another shot, the zombie instinctively looked away, making the bullet bounce off it's head again.

"Darn it," Jared cursed out.

He then aimed for the leg of the monster and fired another bullet.

This time, the bullet pierced straight through the monster's leg but wasn't enough to slow it down.

Gareth immediately opened fire at the monster's leg too with the small pistol he kept after the fight.

After shooting about five shots, the monster fell to the ground and soon got up again, leaping.

One of its legs was brutally damaged from the shooting but it didn't stop.

Both Jared and Gareth soon went in the opposite direction from Diva, left and right, as they shot the other leg without mercy.

"Prepare the car!" Jared yelled out to David who was with Sinon behind them.

"There's no way we can escape with all these bodies lying around," David reminded him as he kept shooting.

"Damn! Gareth, let's take out its limbs since his main body is bulletproof," he suggested. "That way, Diva can finish it off with whatever strength she has left,"

"Sounds like a plan," Gareth responded as he reloaded his gun.

The humanoid zombie soon started to slow down as its other leg almost got finished from all the shooting.

Immediately, it dashed toward Jared who wasn't expecting it but was fast enough to dodge.

He rolled over the bodies on the floor and shot the monster on its head, point-blank.

Still, it had no effect but only made the monster angrier.

The zombies caught the rifle before he shot again and broke it with one hand.

"Wha-" before he could complete the word, the zombie punched him in the chest and sent him off.

His body flew through the air before crashing on the windshield of their vehicle.

Following that, the monster charged at Gareth who was still aiming for the leg.

It closed the distance almost immediately because of its size and was about to strike down on him when Diva jumped in and blocked the attack.

"Go and help Jared," she grunted as she defended hard.

Immediately, Gareth ran off to meet him while Diva tried fending off the zombie.

She moved swiftly around it as she landed powerful hits on it. She observed the monster as it attacked her and tried to find a weak spot.

The humanoid zombie swung its arms around as Diva dodged, leaped back, and charged at the monster.

"Wow!" 

"She's fast," 

The others complimented as they watched her fight, they helped Jared up while David held up a gun. 

He shot it and red smoke went up into the sky. That was their way of signaling Ash that something had gone wrong.

Diva struck the metallic bat on the head of the zombie after leaping up to dodge its attack.

It had no effect still so she used the force from the strike to push herself away.

Immediately she landed, she felt a strain on her body, one hard enough to bring her to her knees.

"Arrgghhh, not now," she voiced out as she closely watched the monster while groaning in pain.

The zombie charged at her immediately as she wasn't expecting, and when she tried to jump her body got stuck for a moment.

Using all the strength she could gather, she leaped away from the zombie but it grabbed hold of her leg.

"No!" She shouted as it starter to spin her around and slammed her into the ground. Luckily, there were bodies to help reduce the impact.

The zombie did the same again and was about to slam her into a wall when Ash leaped from a nearby building and shouted out to her.

"Diva, quick!! Toss me the weapons,"

 

*****

Hey there, if you like the novel and how it's going, please support me as best as you can with your reviews 

4