Chapter Thirty-One: Outside world (part two)
25 2 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Damn that sneaky bastard, I'll kill him!!" Suzie cursed out as she ran through the dark hallway before crashing her foot into the last door.

[Bamm!!]

"Where is he?" She asked angrily.

Her face had this infuriated look on it as she stormed into the room breathing hard.

"Catch," a deep voice commander from the rooftop.

The top of the roof had lots of iron platforms supporting it, almost as if the rooftop was incompletely built.

Immediately, a little girl fell from the very top of the ceiling, with her voice screaming as loud as possible.

Suzie looked up and saw the little girl the figure had earlier saved, fall towards her.

"What!!" She extended her arms out and caught the girl as they both crashed on the floor.

A few others from Suzie's group immediately rushed into the room shortly after.

"I told you to stop making an entrance like that," the man voiced out angrily after he drank another cup of whiskey the girl in the suit poured for him.

The figure later dropped to the ground after exchanging gaze with the man.

"Arrgghh!! I thought I told you to stop messing with our missions," Suzie angrily rushed at the figure.

"You couldn't handle yourself, let alone a team," the same voice that previously answered was heard from the figure.

The figure removed the hood over its upper body and soon, a dashingly handsome young man came into view.

His long silver hair fell to the back of his waist with a slight dance as he shook his head and opened his matching silver eyes.

He walked over to the side of the room with his hood hanging over his shoulder.

"How dare you!! We had everything under control-" She was about to continue her commotion when she got interrupted.

"Suzie," The man voiced out with a pissed look on his face

"But sir!!" She tried to complain but was cut short again.

"Not another word from you," the man gave off a long sigh shortly after she quiet down.

"You have to tell him to stop meddling in our missions," Suzie rebelled again.

"For fuck's sake, Suzie!! Shut your goddamn mouth," the man roared out as the glass cup in his hands shattered from his grip. 

"If you will just carry out one mission correctly, one mission, then they won't have to be stepping in," 

"You think they want to be doing this? Helping your sorry asses every single time? The least you can do for them is to show your gratitude and here you are complaining?"

As the man took out his frustration, the whole room went quiet like a graveyard. 

Shortly after, someone immediately handed the man a handkerchief to wipe the glass off his hand.

The girl and her team felt a bit of shame from it as they bowed their head slowly.

"Now! Who has it?" The man asked in a calmer tone.

"She does," the silver-haired man answered.

"Hand it over Suzie," he demanded. 

She extended her hand to Rex who brought out a blue cylindrical container from his backpack and handed it to her.

She held the container tight for some seconds and handed it over to the man with a dissatisfied look. The minute the man collected it, she stormed out of the office without care.

"Let her go!!" The man immediately stopped anyone who dared to speak following what she did. "We have wasted too much time,"

He immediately opened the container and brought out what looked like paper.

After spreading it on the table in front of him, he began to examine it.

The silver-haired man walked up to him without uttering a word. He stood by his side and watched what he did for some minutes before asking.

"If I may? What is that?" 

"It's a blueprint," the man replied without flinching a bit toward him. 

"A blueprint?" He asked again.

"Yes, Silver, a blueprint. It's for a weapon the government created to take down a stage-four zombie,"

"Is that what it is?" He gripped his jaw and began to wonder.

"With this, we can easily get rid of that abomination that's comfortably sitting on our treasure trove," the man turned to Silver with the blueprint rolled up in his hand.

"Come on, let's get working," they both walked out of the room.

****

Suzie sat on the rooftop of a building, gazing into the moon in front of her as she muttered to herself.

"It will all get better, eventually,"

The sound of falling objects could be heard in the distance as several activities unknown to her went on.

She folded herself, knees close to her chest region and arms around them as she continued gazing into the moon.

"Tsk," she clicked her tongue in disdain as the memories of what happened earlier played out in her head.

"I knew I'd find you here," a voice from behind suddenly interrupted her thoughts. 

"Lady Sabrina!!" She exclaimed as she turned around to see the beautiful lady climbing up the ladder.

As soon as the lady got to the top, she leaped onto the rooftop as her black hair danced behind her. 

She walked over to Suzie and soon sat beside her.

"So, what's on your mind this time?" She asked with a smile on her black-painted lips. 

"You usually come here when something's bothering you or when you have to vent out quietly,"

Suzie stared at her for a while and then looked away. She sat her jaw on her knees without responding.

"It's him, isn't it?" Sabrina asked.

Hearing that question, Suzie unknowingly tightened her grip.

"I know how you feel dear," Sabrina patted her head slowly. "It's ok, don't let him get to you,"

"It's just not fair!" She gritted her teeth. "Why do we train? Why do we go out there? Isn't it to get better?" Suzie questioned repeatedly.

"I guess so,"

"So why? Why does he keep meddling?" 

"Well, from the way I see it... He's just trying to look out for all of you,"

"Look out for who? Us? He's not even training us. All he does is jump in when we are about to achieve our objective," 

"Suzie!!" 

"That's not looking out for us, that's meddling!!" The girl grew furious the more she vented out. "A- and when we complain, sir Edwick gets furious at us,"

"What kind of family is this?" She got up immediately as she failed to contain her anger.

"Well Suzie, now you're not making sense," Sabrina quietly remarked.

"When we adults go out there on a mission, we know we can take care of ourselves without fail because we have the experience. But you guys, you are still growing, still a little past early teens,"

"As a family, we all tend to look out for each other, but the adults do that more than the kids," 

Sabrina recounted her words in her head and found out how out of line it was.

They both kept quiet for a while as they exchanged looks.

"Even you, aren't making sense now," Suzie's reply made them chuckle lightly.

"When you told me to get to the base before him, what were you trying to do?"

"You knew there was no way I would get there before him, yet you still said that. Why?" Suzie asked.

"Well, I was trying to tell you something," Sabrina replied. "Knowing your limit and still not giving up, that's not a normal feat, and I want you to keep at it,"

"People tend to give up when they come up against a great wall in their life. Some make attempts to scale it or go around it, but only a few will charge at the wall and break through it,"

Sabrina soon stood from where she was seated and walked up to Suzie. "Silver only acknowledges a relentless person, one who doesn't give up easily regardless of the odds,"

"Tomorrow, there's gonna be a raid or hunt, whatever Edwick calls it, and he wants the full house on it,"

"So I was thinking, maybe I can help you show off some of your potential in front of everyone and make them see what you're capable of,"

Sabrina held up her face as she gazed into her eyes.

"Would they allow us to partake? My team and I?"

"Of course. He wants the full house, so your team would be among,"

"I'll try my best not to disappoint you," she replied quietly.

"You won't," Sabrina smiled at her. "Now, let's go inside, it's freezing out here,"

****

Hey y'all, Author here.

I'm temporarily going on hiatus due to my upcoming exams. I'll be writing it when I have the chance to do so. 

Please bear with me, creation is hard

2