4 – I survived training without losing my sanity (or almost)
660 2 25
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Teach me to fight with a sword like you!" I stuttered, timidly.

"What?" My father seemed surprised by my sudden request.

I began to speak, more to myself than to him. "I don't want to just be a healer, I want to be able to defend myself. I want to be strong like you."

My father laughed. "You really are a stubborn girl. But, okay, I'll teach you some basic moves. But don't expect to become a professional swordsman overnight. Breaking through class barriers is almost impossible," he said with a smile.

I was so excited that I hugged my father. "Thank you, Dad! I promise I'll try my best," I said, acting like a cute little girl.

My father laughed again and patted my head. "Don't worry, Zoe. I'll help you become a top-notch swordsman," he said.


I grabbed the wooden training sword my father handed me and swung it. It was much heavier than I had anticipated.

My father got into a fighting stance and showed me some basic moves. He explained how to properly grip the sword and how to position myself for attacking and defending. I tried to mimic him, but my hands trembled with nervousness.

"Relax, Zoe. You don't need to be so tense," my father said, adjusting my posture. "Keep your feet apart and your knees slightly bent. Now, try to hit me."

I attacked, but my father easily blocked my strike and hit me back with a quick strike. I stumbled a bit, but managed to keep my balance.

"Try again," my father said, encouraging me.

I tried again, focusing on the movement and following my father's instructions. My breathing became faster and heavier, and my skin became slick with sweat. But despite the effort, a big and somewhat scary smile appeared on my face.

This is it, this is why I came here!, I thought with determination.

Over the next few hours, my father taught me how to spar and adjusted my positioning. I was enjoying the training, even though it was tough and demanding.

The sound of metal clashing echoed through the yard as my father and I fought, with every exchange of blows I tried to absorb as much knowledge as possible. Each time I missed or failed to block a strike, my father would slap the back of my leg or hit me quickly on the side of my body, making me grunt with pain.

But still, I kept trying, my mind focused on improving and becoming stronger. I felt my muscles burning and my arms trembling with exhaustion, but I wouldn't give up easily.

As the sun began to set, my father finally said it was time to stop. I was exhausted but felt a sense of satisfaction and accomplishment. I had learned a lot that day and was eager to continue practicing and improving.

"You're doing very well for your first time," my father said, praising me. "But remember, you're a healer before you're a swordsman. Never forget that."

I nodded, understanding what he meant. I didn't want to lose my true essence as a healer, but I also didn't want to be defenseless. I wanted to be able to protect myself and those I love.

"Understood, dad," I said seriously.

My father smiled and put his hand on my shoulder. "Good job, Zoe. I'm proud of you. Now, let's continue the training." And so, we continued for a few more hours until I was exhausted, but happy to be learning something new and challenging.


"I returned to my room, feeling the energy pulsing through my body.

Despite having just trained with my father, I still had energy to spare. I looked at my wooden sword and wondered how I could combine healing magic with fighting skills.

I began to think about how I could combine healing magic with my sword.

Let's see, the only thing I can think of is to self-buff, but would that work?

But it doesn't hurt to try, does it? I grip the sword and begin to swing it slowly. I feel the magic flowing through my body and as it increases, I feel my strength and speed increasing too.

I started to speak out loud, as if I were having a conversation with myself. "Okay, let's do this, Zoe. Maybe I can self-buff with healing magic and become stronger and faster. Or maybe I can heal people while I fight, that would be amazing!".

I got excited about the idea and started to hit the air as if I were fighting an imaginary enemy. "With this sword in my hands, I am invincible! I am a powerful warrior, capable of defeating anyone!"

Suddenly, I felt a wave of energy pass through my body. "Wow, it's working! I'm getting faster and stronger!".

But then, the energy in my body started to get out of control. My arms were trembling and my legs were weak. I tried to stop, but the energy continued to flow, making me lose control.

And then, everything went dark. I fainted.

When I woke up, I was lying in my bed, still feeling weak and without energy. I remembered Darcy, and wondered if she had seen what happened. I looked around, but she wasn't there.

"Who cares if I can only heal? This is still fun," I thought to myself, trying to find the positive side of the situation. But deep down, I knew I had to be more careful with magic, or I could end up in an even worse situation."

Hello, guys! I'm glad some people liked it. I know the chapters are short, but just a reminder that I'm writing this story more as a test to see what can be done with an AI, so they're not that long. It's much harder to write with ChatGPT than I thought (apparently authors won't be replaced).

Basically, it directs the course of the story and I just correct some errors here and there, so I'm curious to see where the story will go too XD.

25