5 – Choices Ahead: Sister Maria’s Offer
372 5 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Hey guys, I swear this is the last chapter like this, the next one will have more action.

Several weeks had passed since my small accident in the room. I spent these days training while occasionally going back and forth to the library to read some books. There must still be a lot I don't know about this world.

As for my training, it wasn't difficult at all. Basically, I just made some spasms with the sword and some movements my father had recently taught me.

Returning to what I'm doing now.

I concentrate, close my eyes, and breathe deeply.

"All right... Now!" I feel the energy flowing through my body, and then I open my eyes and see a scarecrow made of straw in front of me. With a quick movement, I pull out the sword and attack it.

The cut is clean, precise. I feel the wind pass by my face, and an involuntary smile forms on my lips. I feel like I'm getting stronger every day. I repeat the movement a few times, trying to perfect it. I still have a lot to learn, but I'm excited about my progress so far.

Unfortunately, my father, as the Margrave of the territory, couldn't act as my private tutor forever. Who would have thought that that cheerful fool would be so important? He spends most of his time going on excursions with his men to drive away the monsters that plague our part of the border.

"So cool! Ah, I can't wait for my turn." I hug myself with excitement.

As for my brother, whom I had breakfast with the other day, I haven't seen him these days. It seems that my dear older brother Matt attends a noble academy in the capital.

He is also quite impressive, not only did he gain the class of [Magic Warrior], but he has also helped several times in the clearing of Dungeons around at a tender age.

When I heard about it, the only thing I could think of was, "Are you some kind of protagonist?!"


It happened when I was in the library, immersed in an old book about healing. I was so absorbed in reading that I barely noticed the passage of time. When I finally decided to get up and leave, a familiar voice called out to me.

"Zoe, Zoe! There's someone at the door looking for you!" It was Darcy.

I had no idea who it could be, but I went to the door to find out. To my surprise, it was the nun from the church that I discovered was a healer, Sister Maria.

"Zoe, my dear, how good to find you. I was waiting to talk to you," she said with a gentle smile.

Unintentionally, I couldn't hold back my reaction and a look of disgust clearly came out of my face, totally inappropriate for a 6-year-old.

Ignoring my reaction, Sister Maria continued to speak. "I'm sorry if I surprised you, my dear. But I came here to talk about something that I believe is very important for you," said Sister Maria, undeterred by Zoe's reaction.

"What is it?" I asked, still not really wanting to talk to her.

"I would like to invite you to join our order of healers. I noticed that you have a great interest in healing and I believe that we could help you develop this gift even further."

The words she said came to me like a knife. I didn't expect this offer.

"You know very well that I don't want to, right? I already said that I didn't want to, right?" A vein appears on my forehead, looking like it's going to explode as I try to keep my calm.

"Ah, I understand that you have said that before, my dear Zoe," said Sister Maria, still ignoring the atmosphere that was being created, with a smile on her face.

"But sometimes, no matter how much we try to deny our true calling, it always ends up finding us. Perhaps, as much as you resist, there is still something inside you that longs for this vocation."

"Tsc" I snap my tongue in frustration.

This bit**!!

I wanted to refute her, but she was right, I mean, no matter how hard I train, there will come a time when I will hit a glass ceiling in my skills as a swordsman.

The biggest advantage that [Swordsmen] have is that they can not only circulate mana within their bodies but also in objects, [Warriors] can only use brute force by circulating mana to enhance their abilities and cause havoc even without it, I can't do either.

So far what I've been doing is just finding a way to force the mana inside my body to pulsate and force my body while making a thrust to enhance my physical status.

It's not something particularly new or innovative, anyone in this world can do it, although I doubt there is another [Healer] who is crazy enough to do it.

While I continued to ruminate in my own head, Sister Maria continued.

"Well, I'm going now, think about what I said, don't be too hard on yourself, you're still young, think about my proposal, okay?~" Said Maria as she put her hand on my head.

In the end, she left after everything.

I sigh deeply as I watch Sister Maria walk away. She was right, I was still young and had much to learn about myself and my abilities. Maybe I should consider her offer and see where it could lead me.

I return to the library and resume reading the book about healing, but this time my mind is filled with thoughts about Sister Maria's offer. Should I really consider joining the order of healers?

I decide to leave this decision for later when I have more time to think about it calmly. But one thing is certain, Sister Maria's visit made me realize that I had a long road ahead and many choices to make about my future.

With an ironic smile on my face, I think to myself, "Think about it, okay?"

20