Book 0: Chapter 1: Aftermath and Enigmatic Figure
1.3k 2 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It have been two centuries since the last war between humans and demons, the world now live in relative peace with little worry for the human, and the nation of demons are in disrepair, with the death of the Demon Lord the kingdom of demon is left without a ruler, now only managed by two being with the highest position in the demon lord army, his most trusted aid and one of the greatest demon general who managed to survive the ordeal, though lost a great deal of power since that clash against the hero, she have almost made a full recovery with time passed. 

With the Hero gone as due to the mutual kill between the arch-nemesis, we could potentially get back at the human for forsaken us, but without the demon lord to boost everyone’s morale, that’s simply isn’t an option, perhaps her and I could just deal with the human army with just the two of us, but to be honest here I never have much in term of the will to fight, and it’s way too risky even without any hero around, two against armies of human, it’s hard to see us as the victor if it was to come to pass, it’s best if we simply wait for the lord to be reborn and lead us against the human once more, but honestly it’s likely that the history will just simply repeated itself, there doesn’t seem to be anyway for us to ever win in this conflict, to ever find peace and prosperity, if only I could just leave this world behind.

“Hey you old goat, can you stop staring at the Demon Lord’s throne? There’re more unorganized demons causing ruckus elsewhere and we need to prepare for the lord’s rebirth”

“My apologies, I was simply lost in thought…”

I turn my head toward this person, the survivor of the war, the strongest demon general at the present.

 

Name: Vermilla

Gender: Female

Age: 236

Race: Vampire (True Ancestor)

Level: 570

Class: Blademaster

HP: 67,000/67,000

MP: 9,000/9,000

Strength: 3,400

Magical Prowess: 3,000

Dexterity: 4,000

Agility: 4,200

Luck: 2,500

Vitality: 2,800

Magical Resistance: 3,000

 

Title: [Demon General]

Race Skill: [Vampirism] [Blood Art] [Regeneration] [Intimidation] [Longevity]

 

Weapon Proficiency

Sword: SS

Polearm: C

Axe: C

Bow: C

Brawl: A+

Hidden weapon: B

 

Elemental Proficiency

Fire: C

Cold: C

Water: C

Lightning: C

Wind: B

Earth: C

Light: D

Dark: A+

Life: C+

Death: C+

Mind: D+

 

She’s probably the strongest fighter at the present, greenish gray hair, scarlet eyes, tall and beautiful, despite being warrior using a sword she certainly doesn’t dress like one, she does look like a classic vampire you’ll usually see in fiction I suppose, but that’s beside the point, I should help her deal with this mess and stop being lost in thought.

“So are you going to help or not? Stop staring”

“Oh, I got lost in thought again, my sincere apologies” I really should stop monologuing to myself. “Let’s go”

 

######

 

“Sheesh these guys are making quite a scene” Said lady Vermilla.

“Indeed” I simply reply with a single word. The demons here seem to start fighting among themselves, not a pretty sight to be sure, and certainly unusual this time around, the demons inciting this whole mess act rather unnatural, there doesn’t seem to be any emotion behind their intention.

“Stop overthinking things and let’s get rid of them old man”

“Of course…” Hold on a second.

“What is it now old man?” She asked me looking confused and frustrated.

“Why are we the one dealing this instead of the demon troops?” We could’ve leave these small fries to them I’m sure.

“The report said they’re abnormally strong, their behavior are also strange as you can tell, so I think it’s best for us to deal with them instead of letting others take care of it and hog all the fu-” She cut herself off before saying ‘fun’. She have always been a bit of a thrill seeker.

“I understand” Might as well appraise them to be sure what we’re dealing with… I’ll only look at their level, no need to know their personal information.

 

Level: 150

Level: 130

Level: 150

Level: 130

 

Yeah they certainly are abnormally strong for demon in the present day. Not that lady Vermilla and I will have any problem.

 

Name: Agvil 

Gender: Male

Age: 435

Race: “Demon” (Goat Beastkin)

 

Level: 540

Class: Butler

HP: 66,000/66,000

MP: 10,000/10,000

Strength: 2,400

Magical Prowess: 3,600

Dexterity: 3,600

Agility: 3150

Luck: 2950

Vitality: 2140

Magical Resistance: 3,400

 

 

Race Skill: [Intimidation]

Special Trait: [Otherworldly Soul] [Cold Resistance]

 

Weapon Proficiency

Sword: B

Polearm: C+

Axe: D

Bow: E

Brawl: S

Hidden weapon: A

 

Elemental Proficiency

Fire: B

Cold: S

Water: S

Lightning: C

Wind: C

Earth: C

Light: D

Dark: A

Life: C

Death: B

Mind: C

Space: C

 

With these stats neither of us can lose of them. We quickly close the gap between us and the enemy, Vermilla easily cleave them up with her sword and my brawling works well enough, the fight didn’t last long and nothing noteworthy seems to be going on and we fought.

 

######

 

“Despite being stronger than the norm the challenge they provide are rather unsatisfactory” After we killed every rampaging demons that’s the first thing she said.

*Clap* *Clap* *Clap* “Well done defeating them” Suddenly someone we are unfamiliar with speak up and congratulating us, what’s her deal being here, perhaps she’s the one instigating this incident? Both of us look back to see a human girl, she looks like a 17 year old, she’s covered in her gray hood and we cannot get a good look at her.

“Who are you?” I speak up.

“A sage you could say, who have been living for a long time wanting to do something fun, and I was thinking of roping you two into it” Said the sage girl.

“Sorry but we don’t have time for your little game” Vermilla responded. Certainly it’s stupid to simply comply with strangers, especially when they’re really suspicious.

“It’s not really a game though, I just want to do some experiment and let you in on it that’s all, I’ll even help you out with your Demon Lord business” What is she saying now? Helping us?

“You can’t seriously believe us to trust the words of someone who possibly instigated the rampage just now” She’s likely the culprit behind this, if she is indeed a sage, a class that can control nearly every element and use all kind of spell, then her being the one bringing out these stronger demon isn’t out of the question.

“You can take the possibly part out, I am indeed the one behind this mess, inflicting those demons with madness and buffing them up so you two would be the one cleaning up this mess, baiting you here so we could chat” Does she really have to do something so outrageous though?

“I can’t exactly appreciate you causing a mess in our territory” Same thought here Vermilla.

“Come on, it’s not like you have much of a say in this anyway, goat man, would you kindly appraise me?” Said the sage… Wait, appraise isn’t a widely known skill as far as I’m aware, how could she know I have it? Doesn’t matter, might as well humor her.

“Very well”

...

What. Is. This?

18