Book 1: L1: Prologue [1/2]: Born and Growing
954 0 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

What… Happened? Who... am I? What... am I? What is this feeling, what is this place? An endless void of nothing? The realm of the dead?... No I wouldn’t be in such a place… Or maybe I am? I don’t understand what’s wrong with me, it feels like there’s something mixing in, I don’t know. I can’t understand.

 

#####

 

...

Why are my memories so confusing? One is of a bloodied battle field, another of a happy school life… School? Why would me be at such a place… But why wouldn’t I. Why are these memories so polar opposite, why are they so contradictory. Yet both side feels familiar, those of the happier and mundane time are more clear to me, but then what are those memories about, is that mine? It is of someone else? But if so then why, if not why does it clash with the others?

 

#####

 

Nothing but darkness… this place. I can move around a bit but can barely feels my limbs. Perhaps I should try figuring out what those memories were, but they are all so blurry… Perhaps it’s best to not think about it and wait some more, maybe I should discard these memories away…

 

 

#####

 

...

I can feel myself moving more and more, I feel like the exit maybe showing itself, can I finally go out? But what am I to expect? What to do? I have no clue. I’ll simply force my way out and hope for the best.

“AAAAHHH!!!”

What’s that scream? What’s going on? What’s this place? My sense are still null, but wherever this is it’s certainly not the cramped up darkness.

Someone is holding me, I can feel it. I feel small, whatever I am I’m small. Otherwise I don’t know much, I could here some talking, but I don’t know what they’re saying my ears can’t hear well…

… 

Am I a baby?

Did I reborn?

What’s with all of those memories? Past life?

But it shouldn’t mattered. If I start anew… But it might be later… Who can say.

 

#####

 

I’m still not really sure about what’s going on, I can roughly see two people, one is a hooded girl, another is a woman with long greenish gray hair. I think one of them is my mother. Probably the one with the fangs… Is she a vampire? Am I a vampire? … Maybe I should stop thinking for a bit… 

 

#####

 

I just drink a red liquid, taste pretty great honestly. I think that’s blood and if it is then I’m definitely a vampire…

I just also realize…

I’m a girl now…

I never remember being a girl…

I shouldn’t worried so much even if I truly used to be a guy.

 

#####

 

“Maova”

Maova… Is that my name? My mother seemed to directly say it to me, so most likely. 

I’ll make some noise with this little body of mine.

“Ma”

“She responded! That’s a first”

She’s quite surprised, probably have to do with me keeping quiet unless when I’m hungry, I haven’t been acting like a baby now do I?

 

#####

 

My memories became slightly clearer. But still no idea what to do with them. 

I’m one year old right now, mother give me a sword as a birthday present…

Who does that?

… 

I have been inspecting myself in a mirror, which I might add, does work for a vampire. Damn you fiction for misinterpreting things… Anyway I look at myself and I don’t seem to inherit much characteristics from my mother, I have dark raven hair and blue eyes, neither matched my mom’s, maybe my father’s, but I never meet him, maybe he’s dead? Or he never existed? Maybe I’m adopted? 

No I’m definitely not adopted.

Anyway, I’m definitely a girl, and a vampire, I have fangs and slightly pointy ears. Also I’m quite strong for a little one year old girl, the sword my mother give me I can already lift it without much problem.

I’m pretty sure even for a vampire that’s very unnatural…

 

#####

 

One thing that’s strange is that I can clearly understand what my mother and the other girl say, and things they write. Real weird. At least part of me feel that way...

 

#####

 

I’m two years old now, memories getting clearer.

“Maova, it’s time for you to know a little more about your world, let this pesky rule breaker explain things to you” The hooded girl speak up.

“No weird terms that no one understands if that’s possible?” 

“Nah, she’ll most likely understand if she still have some memories left” So she know about my memories and most likely my odd behavior, maybe she’s the cause?

“Anyway, this world of fantasy and magic and all that people in the modern world want to see, in this continent there exist two faction of intelligent being, human and demon, human are weak and usually use their smarts, they are naturally cautious and selfish, and often packed together, they are also afraid of many things that are beyond their comprehension or different from them, which in this case are the demons, demons in the eyes of many are creatures of evil, exist to bring misery and said to be agents of hell, overall demon in the eyes of humanity are beings that they must avoid or destroy at all cost” From the sounds of it I’m on the demon side it seems, since I’m definitely not a human, though I don’t really feel like doing anything evil since I’m born, maybe that’ll come later or perhaps…

“Demon in the case of you and your mother aren’t actual demon that are often spoke about in legends and such, human simply labeled you as such due to your differences, demon in this world is how human referred to subspecies of human and other humanoid race that they don’t accept” So the demon label doesn’t exactly hold much meaning it seems.

“Demons are discriminated groups of humanoid that live together and try to not interact with human due to fear of being oppressed, in actuality there aren’t many differences between the two faction, if you want the mundane explanation of what these ‘demons’ are they are simply mutated human” … Yeah that’s quite a mundane existence all things considered.

“That’s the first I heard of this mutated thing, what does that mean?”

“When something born there are something that it will not inherit from their predecessors, some weird stand out characteristics that appeared, there is a bit of error when-” Now she’s just teaching science at this point. Are you sure this is a fantasy world?

“Simplify it”

“Demons’ ancestors are the same as human’s, both originate from the same point but diverge”

“Got it”

“Anyway, there’re one terrifying existence that the demons created as a last ditch efforts to get back at the humans, the Demon Lord” Demon Lord… why does that sound so familiar?

“Demon Lord is a being that is created, using many sacrifice and forbidden and very dangerous rituals to create, Demon Lord is a being that revel in chaos and destruction, bringing the world into madness, controlling the demon to its command and attack humans, of course if that works as planned we won’t be having this conversation right now, the Demon Lord failed, but its soul lives on and reborn, remembering the countless life it have, and try again and again, causing casualty on both side of the battlefield, even to the demons the Demon Lord is a detrimental existence” ...Is it just me or does it feels like she’s insulting me?

“Do you feel insulted? You frowned a bit” No I shouldn’t be, I shouldn’t. Shaking my head at her.

“You don’t have to hide it, it’s fine, not like you’ll be doing Demon Lord stuff anymore anyway” She’s saying it like I was a Demon Lord, maybe I am?

“Now you’re also confusing her as well” Mom spoke up.

“I won’t say anymore than that until a certain time, no worries, maybe in 3 or 4 years” 

“Isn’t that too early?” Mom frowned some more.

“She’ll grow faster than normal children, so we don’t have to wait long, and her mentality isn’t that of a child in the first place” 

 

#####

 

As time passed, the memories I have became more and more clear, the death at the hand of the hero, the day I got hit by a… I’d rather not say it, it’s so cliche. The Demon Lord, the high school boy. How does the two correlate?

I’m 4 years old now.

I have been learning about the world we live in, the monster that live in the woods, the dragon that make their nest in the mountain, the kingdom of humans who discriminate us, the adventurers that risk their life for achievement and excitement. 

I’m definitely not a normal 4 years old. I looked like I’m 9 or 10 years old, I grew up really damn fast.

Mom have been teaching me swordsmanship, though I have also been practicing by myself as well, I actually use a katana instead of a sword, just feels more appropriate for some reason, and it’s cool. The difference in weapon both side use is a bit of a concern, but there’s not much difficulties when learning.

Yeig, the girl in gray, have been teaching me about magic. About how some have great capacity to use mana, how some have different proficiency in elements, apparently mines are dark, space, and time. The latter two are noted to be insanely rare, not only the people proficient in it, but people who can even use it at all. Aside from those three I’m not bad in any elements.

The land of demon, where we live in right now, are in a bit of a shamble, due to a few factors.

 

  1. The Demon Lord wasting a lot of resources on destroying humans.
  2. Morale of most demon are in shambles and affected their performance in working and so forth.
  3. The lack of a leader at present, usually the Demon Lord take that role but they’re MIA… Well it’s pretty certain why they’re MIA, they are dead… at least that’s what both of my caretakers are saying to others, but it’s clear to me that that’s not the case at all.

 

I’m sure they’ll spill the beans in a year or two as they have said 2 years ago, I’m not sure if they realized I managed to figure a few things about myself, but we’ll have to see, I suppose.

17