Book 1: E2: Chapter 3: The Village and Rumor
526 1 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Here I am, I’m walking toward the village, I’m going to interact with other people at some point, there’s no point in being anxious not even little. Alright, keep it cool Rosia, nothing to worry about just bring walk toward the gate and don't worry about a thi-

“Ah! Look! The Rose Blade!”

… Great, just as I get close to the gate a problem flew my way immediately. Rose Blade? What’s with that title?

“Are you sure that's her, she's just a girl in shabby clothes, she doesn't even have a sword”

“Yeah but the pink hair and eyes matched, so I’m pretty sure it's her”

“Are you sure? Not like she's the only one with pink hair”

“That's your reasoning? Those with these kind of hair color are very rare, I doubt there's two people with the same very rare hair color wandering around the same place”

“Excuse me?” I barged into their conversation, that whole exchange is really uncomfortable for me.

“Ah! Sorry miss Rose Blade, do you have business here at our village?”

“First, stop calling me that, second, I’m here to sell something I get from the woods, and buy something else as well, can I go in?” Seriously what's with the Rose Blade thing?

“O-Of course! Right away!” He quickly walk out of the way with his partner glancing at me.

“I’m sorry what this man’s behavior, he always talk about urban legend, rumors, and things along those line”

“Don't worry about it, instead of apologizing can you tell me where is the shop dealing with buying stuff from monsters?”

“It's right next to an adventurer’s guild missy, near the center of the village, should have a bag logo on the building”

“Thank you for your assistance” I bowed down a little.

“Don't mention it” He give a small smile. I hope this whole Rose Blade deal is over…

 

#####

 

It's not…

“Is that who I think it is?”

“Can that girl possibly be…”

“The Rose Blade is a young girl!?”

“So the rumors are true!?”

Let's beeline for the building

*Sprint*

“She's fast!”

“Maybe she's actually Rose Blade?”

“No that's ridiculous!”

Here! Let's quickly get inside!

*Open*

*Slam*

“Welcome!... Ummm” A bald guy with slightly tanned skin and a bit old said, he must be the owner of this place.

“Can you look at these material? I'm sure they can be sold for some money” I pretend to pull out some monster parts out of a small bag I have, it's actually from the [Item Space]. Some rabbit horn and wild fur.

“They certainly can missy, let me take a closer look”

Before that let's see how strong this guy is.

 

Name: Glia Fraon

Gender: Male

Age: 43

Race: Human

 

Level: 87

Class: Shopkeeper

HP: 7029/7029

MP: 509/509

Strength: 309

Magical Prowess: 106

Dexterity: 295

Agility: 243

Luck: 207

Vitality: 308

Magical Resistance: 99

 

Weapon Proficiency

Sword: C

Axe: B

Bow: D+

Hidden Weapon: D+

 

Elemental Proficiency

Wind: D

 

He’s fair bit stronger than what I would've expected from a shopkeeper, he’s actually stronger than me in some area, if I have to fight him it’ll definitely be troublesome, not that I have to fight him anyway. If even a shopkeeper is on this level I definitely couldn’t just brute force my way to get everything I want, people in the capital might be even stronger. Hopefully it’s just this guy being special or something.

“Sure” I handed him the materials and he closely inspected it.

“Hmmm They are in pretty good condition, I could give you 8 bronze coins and 7 stone coins for all of this” … That's a bit more than I expected… Whatever.

“I have more than that, want to take a look at them as well?”

“Really? I’m curious as to what those are” I took out a bear skin, I beat some some time ago and take out its innards, I have heard the skinned bear should be quite valuable, not that I do it perfectly, it’s quite messy in fact, but it should work.

“Wow! A bear skin! Did you kill one?”

“Yeah, why?”

“Nothing really, it’s that bears are quite strong and dangerous, to think you beat it… the rumor must be true” Not this shit again.

“Who cares about rumor? How much for this?” I speak in frustration.

“As far as I can tell, not in the best shape… 9 bronze, how does that sound?” I was expecting more but then again I messed up the bear quite a bit.

“I can deal with that, I’ll sell that as well”

“So in total your pay would be… 1 silver coin, 7 bronze coin, and 7 stone coin, wait a bit… here’s your pay” Let’s check… Yep it checks out.

“Thank you, also do you mind telling me where’s the store for clothes and armors?”

“It’s actually on the opposite side of this building, just walk straight out the door and you’ll find it”

“Thank you… Before that, what’s with the Rose Blade nonsense?” 

“Nonsense? I take it you don’t like the reputation you have made do you?” Who would?

“It wasn’t even intentional, I haven’t been in contact with others until just now, as far as I am aware”

“Is that so…”

“So how does it start and what were people saying?”

“As far as I know, it started around five days ago, a traveling merchant spotted a girl with pink hair and eyes fighting a bunch of monsters in the woods, and report it to the guild after he got here, I’m not sure why he went out of his way to say that, maybe he thought you’re an adventurer from the guild or something, then rumors about you start appearing of who you are and why are you there, then a day after that a newbie adventurer take on a request to kill a few horned rabbits, apparently he saw you killing ‘a few’ wolves by yourself, and before he can help you already defeat them all and left, not even batting an eye” so people in the forest caught glimpses of me… I know people traveling around there a lot but to think someone spot me and is watching me, it’s definitely uncomfortable to think about. Thankfully I haven’t done anything embarrassing as far as I remembered.

“So why the Rose Blade thing?” What’s with that atrocious name?

“It’s sorta a title we give you, those witnessing your battle said you have easily overwhelmed monsters in those area and even killing some silver rank beast, rose part come from your color and blade because everyone said you use a sword, if those words are true you would be one of the strongest people around here”

“And the whole thing is troublesome for me since I got here, as far as I know it’ll be a living hell if I step out of this place”

“Yeah, I’m sorry I can’t do anything about that” He said to me with a wry smile.

“Whatever, I’ll be going now” as soon I said that I quickly dash toward the door, open and close it quickly, and rush to the other side, some people seemed to notice me, but I pay it no mind and go inside the building.

 

#####

 

I quickly choose and pay for the clothes and leave, I did the same with armors as well, I will not recount those events and I really don’t want to be around here for long, let’s just quickly-

“There she is!”

“The rumored Rose Blade!”

“This girl?”

Enough of this! I stop and turn back to look at these very annoying and obnoxious people.

*[Quake]*

*Rumble*

The earth around me shake and people started to lose balance and became frightful.

“If any of you dare approach me so rudely, you death will be certain” As soon as I said that the crowd goes silent and started to walk away. Phew! That was stressful. Let’s get outta here quickly.

 

#####

 

That was a terrible experience, I definitely don’t want to go back there again, I won’t wear the new clothes yet since this one still work, time to back to training and such…

 

#####

 

“Halt! Rose Blade!” What’s with this guy? Approaching me in the forest, clearly hostile toward me, hold a sword in both hands.

“Your reign of terror ends here!” What’s his level I wonder.

 

Level: 44

 

Lower than mine, and with my abnormal stats growth it means that my strength is significantly higher than his, if he was abnormal like me he might have a chance, but he didn’t have special trait or anything, so without looking at his status it’s pretty clear I’m superior.

*Swing*

*Caught*

“What!?” What’s with this guy? Did he have to get that surprised my be catching his sword? I let go of this sword, with him still bewildered. Let’s punch him the stomach.

*Punch*

“Gah!” 

“Calm down a bit will you? What’s your deal anyway?” I said in an unamused tone.

“I cannot allow you to live oppressing our village!” He said while still holding his stomach with one arm. Now using only other arm to hold the sword.

*Swing*

Another swing, really?

*Smack*

*Break*

“No way…” His sword broke. By my hand, it is a bit unsettling that I can start to do something like that. And now he’s losing a lot of composure… this just became much more pitiful to watch. Also, oppressing?

“I think you have mistaken something, I have never try oppressing this village of yours, where do you even get that idea?”

“You were threatening them!”

“They deserved it for being bothersome, they started it”

“As if I’ll-!”

*[Suggestion]*

“Believe me I’m not at fault, I’m not the perpetrator, they shouldn’t not fear me as long as they don’t bother”

“...” 

“Please understand that I don’t have any ill will toward the village”

“Y-Yes”

Mind magic are really convenient.

“Go back to the village and tell anyone who thinks I’ll cause them harm that they’re wrong, if you could”

“Yes” And there he goes, hopefully nothing else troublesome will come after this. Time to go back to training and all that, gonna get stronger and try out new things, it feels great no longer being so powerless and shunned by others, don’t have to worry about expectations that can’t be met and all that, world feels a lot brighter after I got transported away from that place and meet her… The Demon Lord… is she really the Demon Lord? There no way to check that now, maybe if I meet her again somewhere and appraise her that’ll tell the truth. Even if she isn’t the Demon Lord I will still be thankful toward her. There’s definitely something I want to ask her, though just seeing her again would be great on its own.

Anyway, maybe staying around here isn’t a good idea anymore, I should go somewhere a bit more isolated and with stronger enemies to fight, there are a few mountains around here, so I should go there and train some more and getting stronger, perhaps I’ll find her if I’m lucky enough...

I just realized that wanting to meet that girl again and getting stronger isn’t much of a goal, I should strive for more, maybe I should get out of this area and go back to the capital… No, one would need some sort of identification, I lost that when they banish me, I could get a new one from the village I suppose, from what I remember the guild card you receive when you become an adventurer can be used for identification, but I have to meet those people again, then again I intimidated them so it should be fine, but why would I want to go back to the human capital? Meeting that family again? No way, aside from my little sis everyone is rotten to the core… no, I’m not strong enough right now to break into the household and meet her… to take her away... at least that’s what I believe, what other reason could I have?... the academy have a library that have a bunch of books on spell and stuff, I couldn’t understand them back then but as I am now I could, without that nasty curse on me, I should be able to... though how am I supposed to… 

Whatever, that can be taken care of later, change of plan, from getting stronger to getting stronger and go to the capital… and I don’t know where that is. No matter, I shall deal with all of that later… Also I should move my stuff if I am to leave, [Item Space] have a lot of room anyway...

Right now I’m just grasping for a goal, a big one... though one thing is certain, I want to meet those two again...

10