Book 1: E3: Chapter 4: Eventful Request
467 1 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Two weeks have passed since then, I have move away from my home in the forest and staying up in the mountains, the monsters are about twice as strong, pretty scary even for me, there’s surprisingly a few corpses laying around here, probably some adventurer seeking glory. I took their workable equipment, but I didn’t eat them though, they were rotting, it's gross. 

Right, my stats right now.

 

Name: Rosia Zana 

Gender: Female

Age: 16

Race: Zoedora

 

Level: 107

Class: Swordsman

HP: 19,748/19,748

MP: 2,304/2,304

Strength: 937

Magical Prowess: 917

Dexterity: 932

Agility: 913

Luck: 936

Vitality: 1,041

Magical Resistance: 1,039

 

Race Skill: [Trait Consumption (Human)] [Longevity] [Regeneration] [Mana Regeneration] [Wings Manifestation]

Special Trait: [Growth Boost]

 

Proficiency

Sword: B

Polearm: D

Axe: D

Bow: E

Hidden Weapon: C

 

Elemental Proficiency

Fire: D+

Cold: D+

Water: D+

Lightning: D+

Wind: D+

Earth: D+

Light: C+

Dark: D+

Life: C+

Death: D+

Mind: C+

Space: C+

Time: D+

 

I’m definitely way stronger now, and my class have changed. Honestly I have no idea how that actually work.

Aside from practicing a lot more magic, I have learn to use these wings of mine, the first time I did it it was honestly really terrifying when I try to flap the wings and my body no longer on the ground, well, right now I could fly properly with it, probably a good idea to use it for moving around, speaking of which I should do that now. 

*Flap*

I haven’t inspected it much but it seemed to be pink, the wings.

Not that it mattered, time to fly!

 

#####

 

And here I am at the village safe and sound, well, I’m not inside yet, but at the entrance.

“Oh! Rose Blade!”

*Smack*

“Stop calling her that! Don’t you remember what happened!?”

“Ow, then what am I suppose to call her?”

“Anything but that” I speak up

“S-Sorry for my partner acting up again”

“No worries, where’s the guild? I want to register”

“It should be in the center of the town with a sword and shield logo on the building”

“Thanks” 

 

#####

 

Hmm, this time around they stop bugging me, good… though it is a bit awkward with them trying to stay away, it’s like they see me as a demon or something, not that they’re wrong, but I doubt they even realize it’s the truth.

There’s the guild, seemed pretty lively inside.

*Open*

*Silence*

And now it is not… Not that it mattered, let’s go meet the receptionist. Everyone seem so nervous.

“Hey there”

“H-Hi” Great, she’s also nervous. 

“Can I register as an adventurer here?”

“HAH!?!?” Loud, so many people were shouting in surprise just now.

“So… Can I?”

“Sure… just wait for a bit…” Now the atmosphere is normal again… Kinda. Everyone keep talking about why would I possibly do this, even though I’ve been avoiding this place and all that. Oh the blond receptionist is back, with a card of some sort.

“Here, put your mana into it, think about your name and other information, though it is fine if you want to conceal some information after the card is done”

“Okay” As I put my mana into it, there are changes to the card and a bit of my information engraved onto it.

Rosia Zana

Age: 16

Class: Swordsman

Rank: Silver

… What? My rank is already silver!? I should have started at stone rank, then marble, then iron, then bronze, then silver, then gold, then mithril.

“Excuse me, why is my rank already silver?” I asked the clearly nervous receptionist.

“Um, the guild master deemed you strong enough to be considered silver rank. With all the stuff you do inside the forest and here”

“Seemed a bit unfair but I’ll take it”

“Right, anyway, pleasure meeting you Rose Bla-”

“I’m pretty I told you imbeciles to not call me that” Damn, I get so agitated to the point of calling her an imbecile, not really certain how commoner act to those word, or how people aside from me reacted to them, I simply know that it’s a harsh insult.

“S-Sorry”

“You can just call me Rosia, I have a name you know?”

“R-Right, Rosia, nice to meet you” Said the receptionist while bowing down.

“Anyway, since I’m here now I might as well look through the board” Let’s see here, any silver rank quest?... I just realized I’m not completely sure how this whole things work, I only heard to story, I’ve never been to a place like this before!

“Receptionist girl, are there any quest that involved really really strong monster?”

“Well, there is one about subjugating a wyvern, but that’s strictly for a group”

“Is that so? That’s a shame, I doubt many people would-”

“So you want a team huh? I can help!” What’s with this guy? He have short black hair and brown eyes, plain looking, use an axe, not too tall or short, wears light armor.

“So can I!” A long brown haired girl tied in pigtails with blue eyes and slightly cute look holding a staff and wearing a simple white robe also speak up.

“Are you sure? You two may be silver rank but have only registered here three days ago! You’re still relatively a young blood around here, I can't let promising youths risk their lives!”

“Don’t worry, we’ll fine” Said the guy.

“No need to worry” Said the girl.

“For me I have no objection” I’m just gonna take what I can get.

“... Fine, just come back safe okay?”

“Sure” I said.

”We will!” Both of them loudly exclaimed.

“Ah! By the way I’m Zore” Said the guy.

“And I’m Elima” Said the girl.

“Rosia”

“So that’s your name, first I heard of the name of an the infamous person”

“Don’t say it like that” Elima said.

“Let’s get going already, where’s the paper?” I said.

“Oh! It’s right here” She handed us a copy of the subjugation detail. It seemed that that this wyvern has been attacking people in the area near a mountain, disturbing the livelihood of people, 9 silver coin as the reward. Pretty good deal I’d say. Its nest seemed to be at a mountain called Dragkain or something. I should ask the gatekeeper for direction, I don’t think I have been there before, if I had I’ll find this wyvern already more than likely.

“Alright, let’s go, unless either of you want to brought extra supplies”

“Well…” Zore is pointing at me.

“You don’t seem to have anything on you” Right, with [Item Space] I don’t have to carry anything, but it also means I look like I don’t have anything on me either.

“You worry too much, I’m fine with just this, let’s go”

“Are you sure?” Now Elima as well.

“Yes, I’ll leave right now, even if you insisted me to stay here gathering more supplies” I walk out immediately and start heading toward the gate.

“Wait!” Both Zore and Elima said. Running toward me.

“At least listen to us a little, we want to help!” Zore speak up, I ignored him.

“Sir, where’s the Dragkian mountain?”

“Oh, it’s in that direction” He pointed toward a mountain to my right, I definitely haven’t been on such an ominous mountain before.

“Thank you” Then I immediately walk toward the mountain.

“Hold on!” Zore shouted, how annoying. He and Elima now walking beside me.

“Just don’t worry about it, I’m more prepared than you think”

“You really don’t have anything on you! It’s absurd to go without anything!” Elima replied.

“You’re wrong on that front, I do have all the supplies and weapons readied, I won’t let you two stop me, from going there now” I said still walking in the direction of the mountain, the clearly ominous mountain. Both of them begrudgingly stop complaining and follow my lead.

 

#####

 

About half an hour passed walking to the mountain, seems like it’ll take another half an hour to reach the base of the mountain, we have been encountering a few monsters here and there, I simply cut everything I saw in two, Zore struggle a bit with him clumsily swinging his axe, he’s not weak by any mean but clearly unrefined. Elima is actually quite a speedster for a mage, she can use some strong spell as well, much stronger than I expected. I haven’t really appraise either of them yet, simply because I don’t want to, it just doesn’t seem necessary, if they were my enemies that’ll be a different story. Well, it’s also because I’m not good when it comes to teamwork in the first place, even if I know what they’re capable of I’m not good at conveying what they should do.

“It’s surprising when you just bring out your weapon from nowhere, how did you do it?” Elima asked.

“Trade secret” I’m actually just can’t be bothered to talk about it. We’re here to fight and not chat.

*Roar*

*Slash*

More dead monster. They all just died in one hit.

“You’re definitely as strong as the rumor said, maybe even stronger, I’m quite excited to work with you” Zore speak up.

“Yeah sure”

“I’m sure you can open up a little, we’re all companion here” Elima also speak up.

“Not interested, you’re both still strangers to me, I don’t plan on getting all acquainted just yet”

“That’s… fair I suppose, but I would like to join us on more adventures after this” Elima replied. No, there’s only one person I’m aiming to join up with… and she’s someone definitely not on the side of humanity, these two will be my enemies later on more than likely.

“No thanks” I bluntly shot her down.

“It’s gonna be a grand adventure full of wonders! I promise you it’ll be worth it!” Why is she so persistent?

“No, just shut up” I coldly said.

“...” She looked at me with a pained and slightly confused expression. Whatever she’s thinking about I don’t care, I’ll continue moving forward.

 

#####

 

Here we are at the base of the mountain, Zore is terribly exhausted and Elima is quite concerned with his condition.

“You two can rest here, I’ll keep moving”

“What!?” Elima speak up in surprise and concern.

“You heard me, stay here and I’ll deal with this”

“You’ll die!” Elima replied, if I’m a normal person that will definitely rings true, but as I am now… I’m not normal.

“I won’t” I said as I run up the mountain alone.

“Wait!” Elima cried out.

 

#####

 

There’s the bastard. A red wyvern spotted, this is most likely the one.

*Roar*

It’s loud, let’s shut it up real quick.

 

Wyvern

Level: 120

HP: 34,509/34,509

MP: 1,984/1,984

Strength: 1,072

Magical Prowess: 827

Dexterity: 849

Agility: 837

Luck: 563

Vitality: 1,320

Magical Resistance: 1,204

 

It have higher defensive stats and strength than me, this is going to be a bit more troublesome than I thought. I have to say I don’t think this is silver rank, I think it’s a gold rank monster.

*Dive*

*Avoid*

It’s aiming for me already! Now where is it?

*Dive*

*Avoid*

“Whoa!”

*Dive*

*Avoid*

Damn you! I’ll strike you down! I’ll predict your movement!

*Dive*

*Avoid*

I think I got it down!

*Dive*

There!

*Stab*

“RRAAGG!!!” Right in the eye! Now it’s vulnerable! 

*Slash* *Slam* *Stab*

*Break*

Damn! One sword down!

*Fly* 

Don’t you dare escape! 

*Flap* 

*Fly* 

Get over here! Thankfully I still have a few swords left.

*Roar*

*Breath*

Whoa! Fire breath! Almost fly into it! It’s spewing fire nonstop! It’s desperate already! Let’s fly down! It’s definitely directing its breath at me!

Whoa! Almost got hit! Just avoid it for a little longer!... It stopped! Time to strike!

“Haaa!” 

*Fly* 

Flying back up I...

*Slash*

Slash the wyvern in its stomach, the sword break but it is severely injured, good thing I have more swords. Equipping my other sword I once again charge into the wyvern, putting all my power into it!

*Stab*

Right in the head! It’s dead for sure. Its body stopped moving and fall to the ground. I also drop down to the ground and hide the wings.

“Rosia! We’re sorry we’re la-...” Zore said then stunned when he saw the wyvern’s corpse.

“W-Wow you did this by yourself?” Elima said.

“Yeah, not without losing a sword or three” The sword stabbed into the wyvern’s skull is most likely not in working condition anymore.

“That's crazy impressive!” Zore commented, flattery will get you nowhere with me.

“Yeah, maybe she can help the Hero defeat the Demon Lord or something” That's oddly specific Elima. And considering who helped me, I probably won't do that, scratch that I’ll probably go against the Hero more than likely.

“Maybe, but that's to say the Demon Lord will even show up, actually chances are I’m going to say no even if they show up” I commented.

“I don't see why you won't, anyway, let's go back and report about it, you can take most of the reward” Elima said.

“Sure, then let’s-”

*Roar*

Argg! It's even louder than the one made by that wyvern! What is this thing? I look back to find a giant red dragon approaching us, this is gonna suck isn't it.

“This is bad” Elima said.

“We’re so screwed” Zore added.

Let me check its stats first.

 

Red Dragon

Level: 200

HP: 90,000/90,000

MP: 3,108/3,108

Strength: 1,640

Magical Prowess: 1,490

Dexterity: 1,305

Agility: 1,468

Luck: 1,000

Vitality: 1,746

Magical Resistance: 1,754

 

Shit, I can't do anything against something this strong.

The four legged dragon landed on the ground where the wyvern’s corpse rested, it's targeting us isn't it?

“We can't win against that thing, escape is our only option” Even then that's going to be difficult.

“How are we suppose to escape that!?” Zore started panicking.

“Calm down! We’ll figure something out!” How reassuring Elima, with a giant dragon approaching us.

“GERONIMOOO!!!”

What the heck was-

*SLAM*

Wha!? A dark ball of something just collided with the dragon, exploded, and send it flying! Who is… It's her.

*Huff* *Huff* “Ah, sorry, were you three trying to fight that thing or something? Sorry for getting in the way” Said the ‘Demon Lord’. Wearing some sort of unknown attire or dark blue, black, and white, have blue eyes and black hair tied in ponytail. At her back are a pair of giant raven wings, she’s a bit roughed up, from the looks of things. She drop down to the ground and observe us for a bit.

 

“Oh? I didn't expect to see you here” Glancing at me. Then her expression changes from a casual one to a one more serious.

 

“... And you as well… [Hero]”

 

… What?

13