Book 1: L4: Chapter 6: Feelings and Exploring the Capital
450 1 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Damn it! Damn it! Damn it!” I whispered to myself.

That girl and that one-liner completely charmed me… I’m so pathetic for getting smitten so easily, from my mundane life I’m sure building a relationship and falling in love is so much more than this! Yet I feel like I have skip a few step, it felt like this is going to end badly! My body was moving without listening to my thought! Damn! damn! damn! Yet my feeling for her is definitely genuine on some level, I can’t just shake it off! It have been days now and I can’t stop thinking about that moment...

 

 

I’m the Demon Lord for crying out loud! I shouldn’t be worrying about something like this! I’m sure this can be dealt with later!... Damn it all I can’t stop thinking about her, this is gonna be a problem…

Ugh, I need to deal with this later! I can’t let that stop me now! I can’t!...

Calm down me, calm down me, calm down, chill out, think rationally…

I needed to investigate the royal capital and the demon kingdom, that’s the only place I haven’t visited yet… Where should I go?...

Damn it! Calm down! I’ll just go to the royal capital first, investigating how it’s doing, hopefully no one find out who I am, I doubt that if Rosia found me that she’ll accidentally spit it out…

Whatever, going there first. Let’s check my stats before that… I have been fighting monsters to vent out frustration for a bit.

 

Name: Maova

Gender: Female

Age: 5

Race: Vampire (True Ancestor) + Demon Lord

 

Level: 180

Class: Ronin + Demon Lord

HP: 93,300/93,300

MP: 5,028/5,028

Strength: 1,847

Magic Prowess: 1,799

Dexterity: 1,713

Agility: 1,694

Luck: 1,888

Vitality: 1,620

Magic Resistance: 1,730

 

Title: [Demon Lord] [Special Reincarnation] [Merged Being] [The Alternate 4̵̨̛͉̱̔̈́̒̏͌͘4̶͖̰̘̜̥̘͓͓̮͇̀́̓6̵̰̤̈́͐̐̍̔̊̍̆̚͝9̴̞̳̻͇̓́̐6̷̨̡͈̪̣̬͉̹̠͕͑̆͒͐̈̆͝d̶̲̲͈̞͖̰̙̈́͆͌̄̆́͘6̷̛̬̬̞͔̣̂̀͐̿̄̂̔5̵̡̪̳͈̮͓̊͐͝6̷̲̙͙̲͍̼͙̦͊͆̀̆̎͒̕ͅe̷͔͐͆͆͛̓̚0̷̧̰̠̞̦̒̿͋͂͌̀̒ḑ̸̢̪̦̤̗͍͕̖̏͑͗̿͂͋̄́0̵̧̳͍͖͖͘͜ͅa̵̲̓̓]

Race Skill: [Vampirism] [Blood Art] [Regeneration] [Intimidation] [Demonic Authority] [Demonic Charisma] [Accelerated Growth] [Demon Lord’s Soul] [Longevity] [Mana Regeneration] [Wings Manifestation]

Special Trait: [Otherworldly Soul] 

Special Ability: [Causality Alteration] [Synchronization: 4̵̨̛͉̱̔̈́̒̏͌͘4̶͖̰̘̜̥̘͓͓̮͇̀́̓6̵̰̤̈́͐̐̍̔̊̍̆̚͝9̴̞̳̻͇̓́̐6̷̨̡͈̪̣̬͉̹̠͕͑̆͒͐̈̆͝d̶̲̲͈̞͖̰̙̈́͆͌̄̆́͘6̷̛̬̬̞͔̣̂̀͐̿̄̂̔5̵̡̪̳͈̮͓̊͐͝6̷̲̙͙̲͍̼͙̦͊͆̀̆̎͒̕ͅe̷͔͐͆͆͛̓̚0̷̧̰̠̞̦̒̿͋͂͌̀̒ḑ̸̢̪̦̤̗͍͕̖̏͑͗̿͂͋̄́0̵̧̳͍͖͖͘͜ͅa̵̲̓̓ (Locked)]

 

Weapon Proficiency

Sword: A+

Polearm: C+

Axe: D

Bow: D

Brawl: C

Hidden weapon: C+

 

Elemental Proficiency

Fire: C

Cold: C

Water: C

Lightning: C

Wind: C

Earth: C

Light: C

Dark: B

Life: C

Death: C

Mind: C+

Space: B

Time: C+

 

Without the [Hero] around no one should be this strong, and if anyone came close then I’ll kill them and take their strength for myself, I can’t afford to lose with her on my mind…

Damn it. I’m still thinking about her…

I’ll just fly to the capital now. Hopefully no one saw me.

 

#####

 

I see the capital now, time to retract my wings and walk to the gate. This sure look like a city out of a RPG. There’s a giant wall separating the city with the outside, a few entrance with guards and such, like what you’ll usually see from a medieval setting.

“Halt! State your name and purpose!” A guard loudly called out.

“I’m Maova, an adventurer, came here to tour the capital” I handed him my guild card and shock can be seen on his face, I probably looked way too young to be a gold rank adventurer.

“Alright… You can go in, don’t cause trouble” Huh… Usually in some fantasy story there’s an entry fee, not that it mattered, I’m plenty rich with all of my adventuring.

Wow, this is definitely what I was expecting, crowded road way, multiple tall building, so many slums full of miserable people. Yep. Definitely the Middle Ages fantasy setting, bet there’s slaves everywhere. Now I’m just being pessimistic, first my feeling then my mood. Definitely going down on bad end if I keep having these thoughts.

I should go around the place asking for how things operate.

 

#####

 

“Excuse me sir, but is there anything in particular I need to know about the capital?” I asked a shopkeeper who is selling crops.

“Things you need to know little miss? Hmmm...” Damn it why can’t I grow just a bit faster.

“There’re your usual shops around the place, there’re many establishments, the adventurer guild somewhere along the main road, a dungeon near the royal palace which adventurers can enter, the royal palace itself is protected by a barrier that only allowed certain people to through, it’s a really powerful barrier that no one can really pierce. There’s also the academy if you want to enter, it’s a very well known academy that many nobles entered, it’s somewhere near the center of the capital, the noble house are around there as well, basically the elites are in the middle of the capital, though some have been causing... problems…”

“What do you mean mister?”

“Well, recently the two top noble houses have been at each other’s throats, so there are requests on the adventurer’s guild from both side to deal with something to inconvenience the other, if you or your friends are adventurer then I recommend you don’t take them, they both have their signature symbol on it” That’s interesting, power struggle in time of relative peace.

“Thank you, now then, I’ll by something from here, let’s see…”

 

#####

 

“Miss, have there been any troubling rumor recently? I came here today so I would like to know if something dangerous happened around here” I asked a woman who looked like an adventurer, she wears leather armor, a redhead that have her hair covering her right eye, with the both eyes being brown, on the tall side of things, maybe 174 or 175 cm.

“Hi there little one, if you asked me then it have to be those two noble houses going at each other” More small comment… great.

“I have heard that already, is there anything else?”

“How cheeky! If there’s anything else I guess the fact that the royal court-mage have been stressful recently, I have heard he have a troubling vision”

“Really? And what do you think it is?”

“... Don’t tell anyone okay? But apparently he foresaw the world where the Hero will not appeared and leave the Demon Lord to do as they please” Well, that’s the case already…

“Sound… dangerous” I speak up.

“Yeah, it is said that without the Hero humanity can’t defeat the Demon Lord, the informations spread quite a bit and some are on edge” Sorry humanity for letting your tool died, but it’s either me or they.

“Well, thank you for your information” I bowed down a little. And leave.

“See you later!” She said, as far as I’m aware, the next time we meet will be as enemies, not allies.

 

#####

 

I looked through the slums, usually a flag are set off if the protagonist was to-

“Hey young one! You’re looking fine, wanna come with me? Of course you do!” Great, a pervert. As I look at the perv he’s dressing with purple on him, so he must be quite rich, maybe a noble. He is accompanied by two knights.

 

[Appraisal]

 

Level: 70

Level: 70

 

Gonsol Gretaliza

Gender: Male

Age: 46

Race: Human

Class: Noble

 

Gretaliza… Suddenly my emotions flared up for a moment, can this fat bastard be…

“Stop staring and come with us like a good little-”

*Slash*

In an instant I cut down all three, with the bastard having his stomach open up, and the two knights bleeding, if not for the armor they might suffer the same fate.

“AAHHHH!!!” The bastard scream out. I have no time for this.

*Jump*

I jump onto the rooftop and hop onto the next until no one can see me.

*Drop* 

Seemed like no one noticed me, time to move back to the main street.

 

#####

 

I should go to an inn and rent a room, I will be staying here for a while. I look around and around and I haven’t seen an inn yet, maybe I should ask someone about it… Actually I will be going to adventurer guild as well, might as well go and ask there.

 

#####

 

Here I am, it certainly look neater than those in the villages, I should go ask the receptionist for information now, since she’s unoccupied at the moment.

“Excuse me”

“Huh? What’s a child doing here?” Yeah yeah keep this gag going you bitch see if anyone think this is funny.

“Miss, I’m an adventurer, here” I gave her my card and she look at me confused.

“Gold rank? Is that correct? And this age of 5…”

“It’s a bit faulty, it should be 15”

“That is still concerning… Maybe I should commission a new one… ” I quickly take my card back.

“No it’s fine”

“Soooo, why are you here in the first place?” She look at me questionably.

“There are two things I want to know about”

“Ask away”

“First, where are the inns?” She ponders for a bit.

“You must be new around here”

“Yeah”

“I see, well there actually an inn in this adventurer guild” That sounds convenient.

“Neat, how much per night?”

“Don’t you want to look for other-“

“No, here is fine”

“... If you say so, 2 copper per night” I should stay here for, like, 5-6 days, soooo.

“Here, I’ll stay here for six days” I handed her 1 silver and 2 copper coins.

“Right, here’s the key for your room” She gave me a key from behind her, so that’s what those was,

“Thanks, and second question”

“What is it?”

“Where is the dungeon?”

“... Isn’t it dangerous for you to know and go?” For non-Demon Lord, maybe.

“I’m gold rank you know?”

“Yeah but it’s still risky alone, doesn’t seem like anyone’s with you” 

“I’ll be fine alone” I insisted.

“No!” She said quite adamantly

“Even if you don’t tell me I’m going to force some to!”

“Grrr! Stubborn girl! Have you not heard of what happened to those doing something so risky!?”

“Yes! In fact I saw someone died because of it!” Heck, I killed her for it.

“The why!?” Stop yelling in my face you overprotective receptionist!

“Because it’s fine!”

“No it’s-”

“Just stop arguing and answer” I said in a more serious tone, glaring into her coldly, I won’t take no for an answer.

“... Fine, it’s near the castle, when you see the entrance, go to the right side and there should be a way down there, there are people keeping guard of course” She said begrudgingly.

“Thanks, I’ll go there then”

 

#####

 

There’s a cave of some sort there, that must be it. 

“Halt! A girl like you should-”

“Just shut it and let me in” I’m getting real tired of this gag.

“Just let her in, she’ll come out screaming soon enough” Said another guard.

I showed them my card for a bit, leaving them temporarily stunned and then go inside. I don’t know much about dungeon, what I do know is that it is a breeding ground for monsters, there are monsters everywhere, and they’re stronger than the norm as well, perfect place to train, and lower the floor the higher the level.

 

#####

 

Floor 40 something now and it’s honestly not that hard, then again it’s coming from the final boss of all people, mooks can’t do much against something like that.

 

#####

 

Floor 80 I think I have been here long enough, and monsters are getting stronger for sure, they can actually hurt me, imagine that! Time to head back.

 

#####

 

I came out and both guard have funny look on their face, clearly not expecting me to come out without a single fear on my face… Wait, it’s dark already!? Let’s rush to the guild!

 

##### 

 

Thankfully I made it, and the room I’m in is rather simple all things considered, I’m gonna set a barrier around me in case some tried anything funny, alright, time to sleep, Vampire doesn’t need to sleep as often as human, or at all on some occasion, but might as well.

 

#####

 

The sleep was alright, and doesn’t seem like anyone was breaking in either. I just remembered that I forgot to check my stats after the dungeon diving.

 

Name: Maova

Gender: Female

Age: 5

Race: Vampire (True Ancestor) + Demon Lord

 

Level: 205

Class: Ronin + Demon Lord

HP: 140,000/140,000

MP: 7,800/7,800

Strength: 2,250

Magic Prowess: 2,190

Dexterity: 2,050

Agility: 2,040

Luck: 2,225

Vitality: 1,900

Magic Resistance: 2,000

 

Title: [Demon Lord] [Special Reincarnation] [Merged Being] [The Alternate 4̵̨̛͉̱̔̈́̒̏͌͘4̶͖̰̘̜̥̘͓͓̮͇̀́̓6̵̰̤̈́͐̐̍̔̊̍̆̚͝9̴̞̳̻͇̓́̐6̷̨̡͈̪̣̬͉̹̠͕͑̆͒͐̈̆͝d̶̲̲͈̞͖̰̙̈́͆͌̄̆́͘6̷̛̬̬̞͔̣̂̀͐̿̄̂̔5̵̡̪̳͈̮͓̊͐͝6̷̲̙͙̲͍̼͙̦͊͆̀̆̎͒̕ͅe̷͔͐͆͆͛̓̚0̷̧̰̠̞̦̒̿͋͂͌̀̒ḑ̸̢̪̦̤̗͍͕̖̏͑͗̿͂͋̄́0̵̧̳͍͖͖͘͜ͅa̵̲̓̓]

Race Skill: [Vampirism] [Blood Art] [Regeneration] [Intimidation] [Demonic Authority] [Demonic Charisma] [Accelerated Growth] [Demon Lord’s Soul] [Longevity] [Mana Regeneration] [Wings Manifestation]

Special Trait: [Otherworldly Soul] 

Special Ability: [Casualty Alteration] [Synchronization: 4̵̨̛͉̱̔̈́̒̏͌͘4̶͖̰̘̜̥̘͓͓̮͇̀́̓6̵̰̤̈́͐̐̍̔̊̍̆̚͝9̴̞̳̻͇̓́̐6̷̨̡͈̪̣̬͉̹̠͕͑̆͒͐̈̆͝d̶̲̲͈̞͖̰̙̈́͆͌̄̆́͘6̷̛̬̬̞͔̣̂̀͐̿̄̂̔5̵̡̪̳͈̮͓̊͐͝6̷̲̙͙̲͍̼͙̦͊͆̀̆̎͒̕ͅe̷͔͐͆͆͛̓̚0̷̧̰̠̞̦̒̿͋͂͌̀̒ḑ̸̢̪̦̤̗͍͕̖̏͑͗̿͂͋̄́0̵̧̳͍͖͖͘͜ͅa̵̲̓̓ (Locked)]

 

Weapon Proficiency

Sword: S

Polearm: C+

Axe: D

Bow: D

Brawl: C+

Hidden weapon: C+

 

Elemental Proficiency

Fire: C+

Cold: C

Water: C

Lightning: C

Wind: C

Earth: C+

Light: C+

Dark: B+

Life: C+

Death: C

Mind: C+

Space: B

Time: C+

 

I leveled up quite nicely, even getting increase to my proficiency, I should experiment what kind of spell I can pull off now.

 

#####

 

Everyone seemed worried for some reason, I wonder what’s going on?

“Excuse me? But why is everyone looking gloomy like that?” I asked the red haired receptionist.

“Oh! Haven’t you heard? The head of the Gateliza house, Gonsol, is dead…” Isn’t that a good thing?

“I don’t know much about him but why is everyone so concerned?”

“Right, you’re not from here, the thing here is that the two most prominent noble houses, the Dulipep and Gateliza have been competing for power, while this means there will be trouble brewing it also means neither selfish and power-hungry house became prominent enough to influence the public” Shit, I messed up there didn’t I?

“So it’s bad right now because the other house is going to try gaining prominence and being a bother to everyone instead of their rival”

“Basically” *Sigh* I’m sorry for that… Maybe the slums the will work again…

 

#####

 

“Look at this little one!” An arrogant lean and unimpressive lean man with blonde hair said to me in the slum. With four guards. This looks familiar.

 

Level: 60

Level: 65

Level: 65

Level: 60

 

Sektil Dulipep

 

Honestly I was only half-serious when thinking of this plan.

“You must be the one to off that bastard aren’t you! If you are then I will give you the nice reward of serving me!” That’s anything but a reward you shithead.

*[Earth Spike]*

“Aaaggg!!!”

The spike pierce all five of them, should mortally wound the lean stupid guy at least, time for my escape.

 

#####

 

Honestly it’s quite surprising how easily I get away with it. I will once again approached the dungeon. I think I helped humanity more than destroyed at this point, well, that’s gonna change soon enough I could tell, anyway it’s time for more grinding, I’m not gonna go down to the rumored last floor, the 100th floor just yet, there might be some sort of super boss in there, I’m just the final boss, and we all know the final boss is weaker than the super boss… why am I even consider myself the final boss anyway? Probably because of the system and its RPG elements, I wonder who even designed it in the first place… scratch that, why is it even a thing? I suppose it doesn’t really mattered but we’re in the time without video game and stats and all that. It’ll only make sense if the world’s creator play video games before we even existed… as ridiculous as that sounds it is certainly plausible, wherever they originated from might have something like that.

I think I took enough time pondering about something not necessarily important, time to grind. For real.

12