Book 1: L8: Chapter 11: Prelude of Conflict
330 0 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

*Zoom*

Right now we’re at the alleyway no one ever entered that I use for the getaway, honestly it’s quite absurd how such a blind spot exist. I should stop trying to jinx ourselves and explore the place to see if anything have been discovered about that earthquake yet, in the worst case scenario it could affect my nation as well, can’t exactly let that go unnoticed. 

“Let’s move out of this place and go to the guild first, they’re good place for information” I tell Rosia and she nodded.

 

#####

 

The guild is more chaotic than before, what could’ve happened? What do they know? I think it’s time to ask the not-so-reliable receptionist-san what the hell actually happened.

“So, do you have any information on that quake yesterday?” I asked the distraught receptionist.

“It’s terrible! The dungeon completely collapsed and many magic tool in the royal palace no longer work! Everyone in there are causing quite an uproar” She said still distraught. The dungeon no longer working I could guess, I doubt it could maintain itself against an earthquake, but the magic tools in the royal palace not working? How does that related to the dragon’s release?...

No, I know why. When I appraise her back then, her MP was draining, it seems that she’s being use as a giant battery, how inhumane. I wonder what people think could be the cause.

“Do you know who or what could’ve cause that?” I said to her.

“Well, it’s a disturbing theory but many said it’s the sign of the Demon Lord’s rebirth, honestly that’s too frightening for me to considered, but everyone have been thinking about it and many adventurers and self proclaimed hero have set out to find it, or at least where the demons dwell” Now that’s not good, for me that is, these humans started to become more active and now they’re searching for my kingdom, not good at all.

“Thanks for the detail, we’ll be leaving now” I said and both of us go to somewhere where no people could see.

 

#####

 

*Zoom*

Right now we’re not in my castle, but the outskirt of the town nation thing that I have to rule over, or at least help out.

“Rosia, I’ll fly around and looking for any intruder, you’ll do the same if that’s fine with you” She simply nodded and spread out her wings, I did the same.

*Flap*

*Fly*

Both of us now airborne spread out and look for any human within our sight…

No one is around here, let’s move to another location.

 

#####

 

No one around here either, seems like they haven’t gotten anywhere near this place yet, but there’s still Rosia’s side, she could’ve found some right about now and bring them to me or something…

Damn I was hoping that raised a flag. Well, I should rendezvous with Rosia now.

*Fly*

There she is, both her and I fly toward each other.

“Well, I didn’t find any human, what about you?” I asked.

“None, no one is around” She replied, seems like this place will be safe for a little while, but no doubt those people will discover this place, I need to create protection for this town. Maybe a few guards, a barrier, or anything at all to help repel them away…

“Well, I guess we’ll go back to the castle for now and try to plan things out” 

“That’s fine by me” She commented. I grab her like usual and we-

*Zoom*

Teleport to my room… or maybe I should say ours… Why am I so bad at this? I let go of her and speak up.

“Well, let’s go see everyone else” I walk out of the room and so those Rosia, she looked at me rather confused.

“What?”

“Can’t you just teleport to them in the first place?” Ah… Damn. The atmosphere just got super awkward.

“Right…” 

*Grab*

*Zoom*

“Whoa!” Both girls reacted.

“Well? How are you two holding up?” I asked. Still feeling a bit awkward.

“It’s kinda fine, I think” Yuuna said first.

“Yeah nothing feels too out of place” Revia also said. Now that I think about their name out loud I just remembered something.

“Right, we need to give both of you a new name, otherwise other people will recognize you” I explained.

“You can either choose them yourself or left that to Rosia and I” That’s what I proposed.

“... I’ll left that to Revia” Yuuna speak up first.

“... I can’t choose” Revia said.

“I guess it’s up to me then, well, unless Rosia is better at naming than me” I look at her and simply shakes her head, guess I have to do it.

“Okay then… First off is Yuuna…” Purple fox… purple fox… kitsune murasakino… kitsune murasakino… maybe swapping the letters around… got it. 

“Yuuna Trania, your new name will be Kitsaki Suneno” Hold up I messed up the placement. This isn’t Japan!

“I-I mean Suneno Kitsaki, understand?” I quickly corrected myself. She simply nodded. Now what about Revia?... Silver and pink… silver and rose. I should swap the letters around again. She already have a last name, the one I came up with at random… I think it’s random.

“As for you Revia you’re now Silse Zana” Thankfully I didn’t mess up this time. She also simply nodded.

“Tried to remember to not to call yourself or your friend by your old name” I said. Both of them nodded.

“Hey, Maova, we need to talk” Suddenly mom appeared and talk to me.

“What is it?”

“I need you to help me deal with something, the troops started to act up” She said.

“What happened?” They have been inactive for the most part as far as I know, only quelling some random skirmishes.

“There’s was a report of humans in the forest surrounding this place, they’re getting anxious” There was? And why do I have to deal with it now? How come I didn’t saw any before?

“When was this reported?” I asked.

“About two hours ago, I was thinking of having you deal with it, it shouldn’t be too hard” Two hours… that was before Rosia and I began our search, so they came here and leave before we were aware that they were here.

“How am I suppose to help?” I asked her.

“Just do something to make them less anxious, otherwise they couldn’t work effectively, otherwise this nation will be defenseless if humans actually enter the kingdom”

“Yeah I suppose I could do that” I turn to look at Rosia.

“Sorry, can you stay here with the girls? I have to deal with this”

“... Fine, I can wait” She said sulking a little.

“Alright mom, let’s go see these soldiers”

 

#####

 

This place is as bleak as others, it’s making me sick seeing it, I should asked Yeig to deal with the atmosphere of this place.

Right now we’re in the soldier camp thing right now, it’s a building near the castle, housing a bunch of soldiers, there’s a training ground outside, which is where we’re at right now along with the troops. Honestly it’s making me anxious being in front of many people, even if mom is with me.

“General, what shall we do about this? They’ll come to attack us for sure!” A male cat beastkin said to her, seems to be high ranking in the force.

“Relax, we’ll deal with it, with you assisting us of course” Mom speak up.

“How? And who is this girl? I don’t know who she is but I sensed something about her, something similar to you” He have some pretty good sense, I did remember something about demi-humans learning to identify each other, or at least whenever or not they’re conversing with a human or not.

“Quite sharp I must say, well, I’m not just some random girl she picks up that much I can say for certain, I’ll be helping you all, building up your confidence and power to survive whatever the humans throw at us” I confidently declared, hopefully my two passives help with that, the cat boy look at me a little nervous, I said boy but he’s most likely older than what I described.

“It’s a pleasure to have your help… Miss…” He said awkwardly.

“Maova, remember it” I said once again with a tone of confidence.

“Yes, miss Maova” He bowed down a little, a bit much to be honest, but I shouldn’t said that out loud, Demon Lord isn’t a being of modesty after all. I clear my throat and yell out.

“Soldiers! Sooner or later the humans will find this place and attack! But you shall not fear! The Demon General Vermilla and I, shall lead us to victory! They shall not look down on us any longer!” I said full of vigor. The other soldiers started to pay attention, I pull out my katana and manifest my wings, much to their surprise. I plant my blade into the ground, causing a small crack in the ground, and continue.

“I, the Demon Lord Maova, will make sure our land shall not be sullied by humans! Our peace and prosperity shall be preserved!” As display of power, I pull my katana from the ground and…

*[Wind Blade]*

Slash into the sky, causing a rip in the cloudy sky and open a passage for the light to enter. Everyone except mom looked in awe.

“Everyone who have the courage to stand up and defend our land, raised your voice for even the creator of all to hear!” As I said that the entire place is engulfed in loud cry of all warriors. It seems this is a success, but before that let’s appraise the group.

 

Level: 45

Level: 36

Level: 33

Level: 81

Level: 45

Level: 31

 

Not good enough, that’s certain.

“Right now we shall aim for more power, to make sure the humans never prevail!” I yelled out once again. Everyone raise their voice in approval. It’s gonna be a long training session. And a war to be remembered… 

9