Colosseum of Champions (4)
832 1 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

With this diverging storyline, Sen had to take matters into her own hands. Since it was not her task to meddle with the beloved male and female lead of this world, Sen left them alone to do whatever it was they wanted to do. What she needed to do was interact with her Target, or at least make an impression on him.

Thus, shortly after Hana became Yuri’s disciple and moved in with the celestial, Sen took a mini vacation, leaving the rest to Reina. 

Sen traveled to the orc lands; she wanted to learn more about this celestial. However, Sen did not bother hiding her identity as a human and marched right into orc territory. Any sane human would have chosen death over entering their lands. These orcs had the most stigmatized reputation out of all the races. They were a race with history filled with nothing but tragic and disgusting tales. 

But after doing her own research and going through the OG’s memories, after Yoru descended and presided over the Orcs, over time, these orcs became more tame, never venturing outside of their regions. Although orcs have kept to themselves for the past hundred years, they were still stigmatized and hunted down for their ancestors’ atrocious history.

When she appeared, wandering through towns and cities, they looked like any other thriving civilization with houses, roads, livestock and agriculture. Sen felt nothing but piercing gazes but she was not surprised. There were some orcs that have never seen a human in the flesh before. But those who have, were alert and glowered at her. 

Any human or being of another race that has entered their lands brought nothing but war and ruin upon them. If it wasn’t for Yoru who deescalated these problems, shielding them from the cruel outsiders, they would have ceased to exist a long time ago. The only time the orcs would venture out was when the Colosseum of Champions took place. But even then, only a small handful left. But Yoru always magically broadcasted the show for them to watch from the comforts of their home.

Suddenly, something came zipping towards her. Catching it between her fingers, Sen assessed the item. It was a dull dagger. Looking over to the direction from where the dagger came from, she saw a large orc who was glaring at her.

“What are you doing here, human?” he gritted his teeth.

“I’m just passing through. I am going to meet with Celestial Yoru,” Sen stated calmly as she walked towards the orc.

The orc gnashed his jagged jaws at her as he stood at least two meters tall. Handing the dagger over, she said, “I don’t want any trouble.”

“Hmph! I’ve heard that one before. Time after time, humans continue to lie and stab us in the back with honeyed words. I will not be deceived again!” the orc raised its large arm.

Slamming it down, there was a direct impact that created a loud sound wave as a small dust storm arose and dissipated. The orc was stunned. Not only was Sen untouched, but she had caught his large arm by his wrist with ease! 

“I’m not here to fight,” she said as she released the orc’s hand. 

The orc pulled its hand back, clearly angered, but his strength was nothing compared to this human.

Finally making her way to the main capital of Rungweon, she made her presence known to Yoru. Yet, he did not bother to come welcome her as she stood in front of the palace gates with a group of orcs surrounding her, their eyes filled with hatred. 

“Go home, human. Celestial Yoru does not wish to meet you,” an orc announced.

“I just want to ask him something, please,” Sen looked up to the orc.

Her amethyst colored eyes were clear and shimmered beautifully under the light of the sun. The orc has never seen such beautiful eyes before.

“No means no. Go home,” the orc refused to give in.

“I won’t leave until he agrees to see me.”

“Fine. Have it your way. You can stay here to rot for as long as I care,” the orc hmph-ed and walked away.

Sen waited patiently, kneeling down on the concrete ground. She had all the time in the world.

***

“Celestial Yoru, the human is still out there… should I chase her away? It’s been 5 days. She has not once moved or eaten,” one of the servant orcs said to Yoru, who was laying down on his comfortable, luxury couch eating fruits from a platter.

“Hm, she’s much more stubborn than I thought,” Yoru closed his eyes. 

He finally sat up, resting his elbow on his knee and looked over to his servant. “Show her inside. Now I’m curious as to what it is that she wants to tell me that is so important.”

Finally meeting Yoru, although she looked a bit haggard, she was still in an overall presentable state to his surprise. She sat up tall and was still poised. Yoru had to admit, her appearance was a delicacy for the eyes. This was his first time that he was actually looking at Sen, examining her features.

Yoru sat in a rather relaxed manner as if he could care less for this little private meeting.

“So, what was it that you wanted to tell me, Madam Ki?” Yoru plucked a grape from the platter and played with it in his fingers.

"Call me Sen."

"Sen? Sen... Got a nice ring to it," Yoru smiled. "What is it that you'd like to talk to me about?"

“I’ll be direct. I like Yuri.”

Yoru stopped moving as the grape fell out of his fingers. With a rather shocked and dumbstruck expression, he looked over to Sen. He could see the resolution in her unwavering eyes. 

“Pfft-! Ahahahaha! Are you serious?! You like my brother? Well, good luck with that,” Yoru burst out laughing.

“I know you also like Hana.”

Immediately, Yoru stopped laughing. His expression turned cold as he looked over to Sen.

“What are you trying to say?”

“I’m saying, I’ll help you get together with Hana if you’re willing to help me get Yuri.”

There was a cold glint that flashed through his eyes as he leaned forward, “Hm, and here I thought you were someone impartial with righteous morals. Looks like you’re just like the rest of those greedy humans,” he smiled coldly. 

“Mhn, that’s what I tried being. I thought that perhaps if I threw away my feelings for him and for everyone, I could become this perfect, emotionless, impartial doll. But when Yuri told me that Hana was the one for him, I realized I couldn’t let go of my feelings for him. You understand me, don’t you?”

Yoru stared at her silently.

“I like him. I’m willing to throw away my morals to be with him. Even if it means getting rid of the very girl I took in and raised as a daughter,” Sen said with a straight face, yet her voice and eyes were filled with this unfathomable determination.

[There is someone who needs your help. Stain their world with your colors.] These were the words that C-2 told her. It was very broad, meaning that it was open for interpretation. There was more than one method of leaving a strong impression in someone else’s life, whether it was through a romantic relationship or a platonic one. 

If she cannot get Yoru to fall in love with her, she would at least help him get whatever it was that he wanted wholeheartedly. 

“Wow~! Who would’ve thought?” Yoru smiled mischievously at her. “But how can you be so sure that she will fall in love with me?”

“You’ve known Hana for a long time, right? You’ve been with her from the moment she entered my manor,” Sen finally revealed to him. “So, both of your ties should be stronger than a simple infatuation she has for Yuri.”

“How can you tell if it's her true feelings or simple infatuation?”

“I worked in a brothel for a very long time. I know love when I see it. And as of right now, Hana is only infatuated because she is getting the attention from someone who would normally be out of her league. She is also like most girls I’ve seen, drawn to the kind of man Yuri is - egotistical, arrogant but rich and powerful.” In simpler terms, she was drawn to the typical bad-boys.

Yoru smiled. “I’m listening.”

Sen's original plan was to not meddle with the world's beloved female and male lead... but sometimes these plans never pan out as intended, and Sen has to proceed knowing that fact. 

***

As days turned into weeks and weeks into months, Sen devised a plan to separate Hana and Yuri. Now that things have changed, she was going to split up the beloved male and female lead. Sen would arrive at Yuri’s palace to take Hana out, using an excuse like how she missed Hana only to let her secretly meet with Yoru in his disguised form. She’d let them try to develop their feelings while she kept Yuri occupied with whatever she could, pretending to put an effort to get Yuri to like her. But of course, Yuri only saw Sen as an eyesore as Sen saw Yuri as a waste of oxygen.

In all honesty though, Sen did not understand how Hana could not have fallen for Yoru.

After spending so much time together, Sen came to learn that Yoru’s mischievous, playful and care-free personality was just a facade for the kind and gentle person he was. He actually didn’t want to split Yuri and Hana up, but he really loved her.

His older brother had always gotten everything while he got nothing. Yuri was favorable, powerful, well-liked and popular up in the Heavenly kingdom. But who was he? He was Yuri’s younger brother, just a shadow. He worked hard to become a strong god. But who would've thought that he’d also get knocked down to the human realm to preside over a hated and wretched race. He did all he could to please those around him, being as selfless as he could, but when it came to Hana, she was the first to bring colors into his colorless life when he first met her. Thus, he did not want to lose her.

Who was he to his brother? His brother has already received his Godhood title. Yuri was the God of War, Ores. Gods only get their Godhood titles when they have endured and overcome 3 divine tribulations. After a god has received their godhood title and domain, the more divine tribulations they overcome, the stronger they would become. He had gone through 6 tribulations yet he only surpassed 2 of those tribulations.

Sen would always be the one to visit and not once did she complain about having to travel the distance. She even actively got involved with the orcs, forming relationships with them. It was hard at first, but seeing how she was on such good terms with Yoru, which was rare because everyone wanted to stay away from all of the orcs - Yoru included, they gave Sen a chance. And they all came to the conclusion that Sen was not faking her good nature. She was a good person. She was not like the other fake humans. Although there were still some doubts, the orcs came to like Sen as a person. She was elegant, poised, but there have been occasions where they’d see her bust out laughing in an unrestrained manner, letting them see her as someone who can have fun. 

 As Sen and Yoru began deepening their friendship as partners in crime, Yoru began opening up to her. There was one night, he got so drunk, that he began talking emotionally about how he truly felt about Hana. 

“I… I do want her to fall in love with me. So many times, I’ve gone to her aid whenever she needed help. And each time, I had hoped she would turn to look at me… but she never did…” he drunkenly looked over to Sen, who was still miraculously sober, sitting elegantly poised. “When we first met, I hated you. You treated Hana unfairly, pretending to be someone impartial. But I never realized it was because you like Yuri yourself…”

Sen said nothing.

“But… after getting to know you after all these months… you’re not such a bad person after all, excluding this whole plan to separate Hana and Yuri. I feel like I'm finally have a chance against my brother... and it's thanks to you...”

Yoru then rested his head on his arm and blacked out. Sen just stared at him silently with a tender gaze. Getting up, she went over to Yoru’s side, grabbed a blanket and gently placed it on his shoulders. 

Not noticing the extra presence, Sen’s lips curled into a soft, genuine smile - one that was filled with the warmth of  love. The orc guard that Sen had formed a good relationship with, saw this smile. The orc guard, Dee, who was also the orc general of Dune, his mouth slightly dropped in realization. 

Dee knew about the agreement between Sen and Yoru as well as their deepening friendship. But after seeing Sen’s display of affection, Dee began wondering if what Sen said was true - when she said it was Yuri that she truly liked...

17