Chapter 6- Age Five
5.7k 35 256
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[MC POV]

Over the next two years, my training became harder and harder.  My mother’s nobility training became worse until I unconsciously started holding myself in the way she wanted.  What made it worse was that six months after it all started, Saki passed away.  I didn’t even get a day to grieve for her before they whisked her body away and I was forced to double down on training.  On Mister Knight’s part, he was sympathetic and eased my training up for a while, though we still had to at least keep the illusion of me becoming more and more broken by it.  I didn’t have to act like it when it came to nobility training, though I still got back at all the abuse in my own ways.  I also ended up befriending a main named Emma.  She was one of the maids that took care of me after Saki died.  At first she didn’t really seem to like me all that much, but over time we got a little closer.  Today I woke up early, as usual, and got ready to go to training.  Just before I opened my door to go my father walked in.

 

“Girl, today is the day we finally check your magic affinities and you manifest your soul weapon.  Strip and lay on the bed.” (Lucius)

 

I begrudgingly did as I was told and a lady wearing silver robes walked in.  She was carrying a large box that she placed on the desk before opening it.  Inside the box was a silver-blue crystal looking ball and a wiry tripod thing.  She silently set the tripod over my prone body and placed the crystal ball in the center of it.

 

“Little girl, touch the two silver prongs and inject some mana into them.”

 

I placed my hands on the silver prongs and put some mana into them.  That caused the ball to shoot a beam into my chest and I felt something click in my head.  A small list of things popped up in my head.

 

Name: None
Sex: Female
Race: Kitsune
Status: Normal
Magic Affinities: Solar, Death(Sealed), Illusion
Soul Weapon: Sealed
Divine Protection: Amaterasu’s Divine Protection(weakened)
Authorities: Sun(Blue)(sealed), Death(sealed)
Titles: Fated One of Amaterasu

 

A similar list also popped up in the crystal ball, but it was different that what I was seeing.

 

Name: None
Sex: Female
Race: Kitsune
Status: Normal
Magic Affinities: Solar, Illusion

 

The lady quickly wrote down what was shown in the crystal ball before the light inside it vanished.  She quickly disassembled the whole thing, packed it up, and left the room.  This whole time my father was staring at the paper he was handed with an increasingly frustrated look on his face.  While he was like that I quickly dressed myself.

 

“What a disgrace.  WHAT AN ABSOLUTE DISGRACE!” (Lucius)

 

He walked over and punched a wall, causing some of the books to fall to the ground and a hole to appear.

 

“Girl!” (Lucius)

 

He was practically snarling at me at this point.

 

“Collect whatever things you call yours.  MAID!” (Lucius)

 

Emma came right into the room after his angered shout.

 

“Milord?” (Emma)

 

“Make sure this girl gets everything, she’s leaving before noon.” (Lucius)

 

With that statement, he left the room.  Emma and I stared at his retreating figure until he slammed the door.  We listened to make sure he was gone before speaking again.

 

“What went wrong, young miss?” (Emma)

 

“Whatever that orb thing said made him angry.  I assume he thinks I don’t have a Soul Weapon.” (MC)

 

“Hmm.  So then he’s sending you away until you become of age.  I thought that was only a threat used to scare people, not an actual thing.” (Emma)

 

“I’m not surprised that these people would do this, though I am surprised it’s going to happen today.” (MC)

 

“I have no power to stop them, but is there anything you would like me to do in retaliation, young miss?  If anything, me and Mister Knight are on your side.” (Emma)

 

“Well, I doubt I’ll be able to see Mister Knight before I’m gone today, so I’ll give you a letter to give him later.  As for retaliation, I wouldn’t mind if you gave that mongrel of a thing that birthed me a pleasant trip down some stairs.” (MC)

 

The two of us smiled evilly at that and snickered.

 

“Can do, young miss.  The first opportunity I get.” (Emma)

 

I nodded my head and started writing a quick letter for Mister Knight before moving on to packing the small amount of clothes I had in a case and gave Emma the letter.  Once that was done, all that remained for me to do was wait.

 

“Emma, I don’t know if I’ll see you and Mister Knight again after this, but I want at least the two of you to get out of here.  I have a strong feeling that things will start to turn really bad when I’m finally out of here.” (MC)

 

“Alright, I’ll get that retaliation for you done then we’ll slip away like we were never here, young miss.  I do hope to see you again one day.” (Emma)

 

“We’ll definitely see each other again.” (MC)

 

I gave Emma a quick hug and let go just as the door swung open.

 

“Girl.  Follow.” (Lucius)

 

I grabbed my case and followed behind.  I was led to the front of the mansion where the old butler took the case from me.  I was rather forcefully grabbed on the arm and basically dragged down the small steps to a gondola.  I was pushed into it and the sperm donor looked at the ferryman.

 

“Take this thing to the gate of the city.  Give this to the driver of the Fafnir family carriage.” (Lucius)

 

He handed over a letter to the ferryman before giving me one last glare and walking off.  The ferryman put the letter away in a pocket and silently started moving the gondola.  While looking around at the city that I was seeing for the first time close up, I felt something in my being click.

 

[Emma POV]

 As soon as the young miss was led away, I immediately went to find Mister Knight.  It didn’t take too long to find him since he was waiting in the atrium.

 

“Emma?  Is the young miss not coming today?” (Mister Knight)

 

“You idiot, it’s her fifth birthday.” (Emma)

 

“…!!! Did she manifest a Soul Weapon!?” (Mister Knight)

 

“No.” (Emma)

 

Mister Knight fell to his knees.

 

“No…nonononononononono!  NO!” (Mister Knight)

 

“Calm down.  She was already led away, but she did write you a letter.” (Emma)

 

I took out and handed him the letter the young miss wrote.  He grabbed it and started reading it in a panic.  While he read, his panic rapidly diminished and tears started to fall from his eyes.

 

“Young miss.” (Mister Knight)

 

“What did it say?” (Emma)

 

He took a deep breath to get his emotions in check before speaking again.

 

“She said that, while the, in her words, orb showed one thing, the status she saw said more.  She does have a Soul Weapon, but it is sealed.  This is just her way of getting out of here.  Also…” (Mister Knight)

 

“Also what?” (Emma)

 

“She gave me a name.” (Mister Knight)

 

“Well, don’t keep me in suspense, what is it?” (Emma)

 

“I’m no longer kid or Mister Knight.  From today onward I am Sigurd.” (Sigurd)

 

“I like it.  Now, I’d suggest you get your things.  Young miss said that as soon as she was gone, things would probably start getting worse around here.  And don’t act like you don’t know what I mean.” (Emma)

 

“Yeah.  I know, and you’re right.  I’ll go get the few others that are decent and didn’t do anything to antagonize young miss and get out of here.  What about you?” (Sigurd)

 

“I have something to do first, then I’m doing the same, though I’ll be alone.” (Emma)

 

“Then how about you join up with us?  It’ll be more noticeable, but power in numbers.” (Sigurd)

 

“I’ll take you up on your offer.  I say we get out of here tonight.” (Emma)

 

“I agree.” (Sigurd)

 

He got up again and the two of us headed in opposite directions.

 

[MC POV]

 

I was thrown off for a second by what this feeling was when I looked up and saw that the suns were at their apex.

 

{MY FATED ONE!}

 

‘AMATERASU!!!’

 

{We can talk later, for now listen to me.  Keep doing what you have been for now.  I have someone that is going to get you out of here.  Her name is Fiametta and she is trustworthy…Oh, and happy birthday, my Fated One.}

 

I was silent.  I could feel the temperature around me increase, making the gondola start to burn a little and the water under it to start boiling.  The ferryman, for his part, acted like nothing was happening, but that wasn’t important.

 

‘Amaterasu…’ (MC)

 

{I know, my Fated One, I know.  There are a lot of things you want to say, but please keep it in until you are out of the city.  They still have eyes on you.}

 

‘Ok…but there are a lot of things I want to say.’

 

{I know.  Also, when you are finally out of there, I have a present for you, so please look forward to it.}

 

I smiled just a little bit and I silently ruminated on what Amaterasu was saying while the gondola made its way through the canals of the city.  A good hour later we finally arrived at a large gate.  Several small piers were set up with very fancy carriages lined up side by side.  The ferryman walked over to one of the fanciest carriages and handed the note over to the person standing next to it.  The coachperson simply read the note, folded up, and put it in their pocket.  They then picked up my case and put it in the box on the back of the carriage.  I walked over and was helped inside.

 

I looked out the window and saw the two people nod before the ferryman got back on hid gondola and left.  The coachperson got onto the seat in front and opened the little window behind them.

 

“Just stay quiet for a little longer.  I’ll let you know when we’re no longer being watched.  Oh, the name’s Fiametta, just call me Fia.  Nice to meet you, miss Fated One.” (Fiametta)

 

I smiled and the carriage started to leave the city.

 

Chaos Realm:

Order: Payto.

I know, Order, but leave it to Amaterasu.  She has plans for what to do.

Order: Fine, but I need you to tell me one thing.

Hmm?

Order: Will it be satisfying what is going to happen to them?

In my opinion, yes.  Hehehe.  Though that maid’s plan is also fun.

Order: She should survive so she can face Amaterasu’s punishment.

Naturally.

Order: Good.

256