Chapter 8- Missing Information
5.6k 51 243
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Keeno POV]

Over the course of the rest of that day, I just kept repeating my new name over and over.  This, in turn, made Amaterasu happy and Fia to laugh at the two of us and our antics.  We spent several days traveling down the poorly maintained road.  I told the two of them about things from my previous life.  They were quite interested in the stories of Norse mythology I told them about.

 

{So let me get this straight, there is this god, and he’s immune to all threats, physical and magical, but he touches a plant, and he can be killed?  And when he does die, the end of the world starts?}

 

“Yep.” (Keeno)

 

“Why not just lock him away forever then?  Or fix the mistake by getting the plant added to the enchantment?” (Fia)

 

“I don’t know.  I wasn’t alive when it was made, or happened, I don’t know anymore.  I died to runic magic, so, for all I know, this actually happened.  No point in asking about it either since I can’t go back and figure it out.” (Keeno)

 

After telling that story, I took a break.  I looked outside the tiny window that was behind Fia.  While there was just more open road in front of us, I notices something.  In the center of Fia’s chest was a grey-white light covered in gold.  I rubbed my eyes to see if I was just imagining it, but it was still there.

 

“Um.” (Keeno)

 

“What is it, Keeno?” (Fia)

 

“I can see this light in your chest.  It’s a mix of grey and white and covered in gold.  And it’s not the first time I’ve seen something like this, minus the gold part.” (Keeno)

 

{Ah, so you’re starting to see souls.}

 

“Huh?  Souls?  Why can I…wait, is it that?” (Keeno)

 

{Oh?  Did you figure it out?}

 

“Well, before all this happened, I had this crystal ball do something and show me some information about me.  I saw one thing while the ball had way less.” (Keeno)

 

“Ah, say status in your mind.” (Fia)

 

I did as she said and the list came up again.

 

Name: Keeno Okami
Sex: Female
Race: Kitsune
Status: Normal
Magic Affinities: Solar, Death(Sealed), Illusion
Soul Weapon: Sealed
Divine Protection: Amaterasu’s Divine Protection(weakened)
Authorities: Sun(Blue)(sealed), Death(sealed)
Titles: Fated One of Amaterasu

 

“So, is the reason I’m seeing souls because of this Death Authority?  Even if it’s sealed?” (Keeno)

 

{Yes.  Due to a certain idiot’s arbitrary decision, you’ve been given your Authorities too early.  It’s also why my Divine Protection is weakened.  We can still talk, thankfully, and I’m hoping that we’ll be able to see each other soon as well.  We just need to see.}

 

“Huh?  We can see each other again so soon!?” (Keeno)

 

{Hopefully.  We just need to wait for the day when the suns overlap.  It happens every month.}

 

“Like a full moon?” (Keeno)

 

“What’s a full moon?  Is it like a Lunar Alignment?” (Fia)

 

“A what now?” (Keeno)

 

{You did notice the three moons, right?}

 

“NO!  I don’t usually look at the sky at night.  Don’t have the energy to stay awake long enough to.  And I didn’t notice the suns did that either since the atrium that I always trained in let only the light through but didn’t let me see outside.” (Keeno)

 

{Anyway, we will just have to wait and see.  Getting back to it, the Death Authority is what is letting you see souls.  With the way you described it, all you can see is the color and can’t interact with them.  I can see them too, but it’s different for me.  I think it’s because you are supposed to judge them to see who get’s reincarnated and who needs to be purified before they are sent on to me.}

 

“…Hold on, if I’m going to be the Goddess of Death and in charge of all of that, how is it being handled right now?” (Keeno)

 

{Mostly Death spirits and me.  I’m doing what I can and have been since forever, but since it’s not exactly my purview, it’s slow going.}

 

“Rasu, before we get into all the divine stuff, let me ask this.  Keeno, how much of the world do you know about?” (Fia)

 

“Um, that this country is the originator of Soul Weapons, it claims to be the greatest country in the world, and basically a lot more stuff that is probably false and just used to indoctrinate people.” (Keeno)

 

{…}

 

“…” (Fia)

 

“I know it’s not a lot, but it’s not like I had much to read.  A room full of books and they can all be summarized as, Falheim is the greatest place in the world and everywhere else is for lesser beings.” (Keeno)

 

{Fia, is there a reason this country needs to exist?}

 

“It has a Dead Zone.” (Fia)

 

{Tch.  To think me putting one of those here would come back to bite me.}

 

“Um.” (Keeno)

 

“Sorry Keeno, but we need to get you caught up on a lot of stuff.” (Fia)

 

“Well, it’s not like we don’t have time.  Also, and this is way off topic, but when can I use magic?  Even during training Sigurd wouldn’t teach me how to do it.” (Keeno)

 

{You need to grow more.  You’re at the point where it’s safer to just practice mana control.  I’ll let you know when it’ll be safe for you to start actually practicing.}

 

My ears drooped in disappointment.

 

“Fine.” (Keeno)

 

{Guh.}

 

“Keeno, stop trying to make Rasu feel bad and teach you earlier.” (Fia)

 

“Tch.” (Keeno)

 

{Hehehe.  You sly little fox.}

 

“Hey, we’re coming up on a town.” (Fia)

 

My playful smile died at those words.

 

{Keeno?}

 

“It’s nothing, just a habit from that stupid nobility training.” (Keeno)

 

{Keeno…}

 

“It’s fine, Ama.” (Keeno)

 

{Ama?}

 

“If Fia can have a nickname for you, then why can’t I?” (Keeno)

 

{I thought you’d just call me Rasu like Fia does.}

 

“Nope.  It’s a nickname that only I can use.  Fia and your other friends can call you Rasu as much as they want, but I get to call you Ama.” (Keeno)

 

“Keeno, I’m sorry, but you need to act like you aren’t enjoying yourself.  Once we’re out of this town we can go back to normal.” (Fia)

 

“Alright.” (Keeno)

 

I stopped talking and assumed a convincing appearance just as we reached the town.

 

Chaos Realm:

Welcome, Luna, Tamamo.

Luna: Hey, it’s been a while.

Tamamo: A while indeed.

Order: It hasn’t been that long, unless you mean the two of you being here, then yes.

Luna: I see you’ve moved on from watching me all the time.

Can’t be helped, what with you and Tamamo doing things we don’t want to watch half the time now.

Luna: Anyway, mind giving us the rundown?

*some time later*

Tamamo: …

Luna: How dare people who possess fluff act like that.  They are undeserving.

Hate to burst your very reasonable bubble, but I can’t let you go there.  I can let you interact with Keeno and Amaterasu when they show up here, but that’s it.

Tamamo: We know, but we can still have opinions.

Fair.

243