Ch-2: Confrontation
28 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ch 2: Confrontation

Jinzo's breath came in ragged gasps as he finally arrived at Yuji's HQ. He noticed that the streets were still slick from the rain that had ended only moments before. The sun had already set, casting the sky in a deep shade of blue, with a few lingering clouds glowing orange and pink in the distance.

Yuji's HQ was a large, rundown building that towered above Jinzo. Despite its shabby appearance, it was still better than Jinzo's cramped apartment. Jinzo approached the entrance to the building and immediately noticed a swarm of guards surrounding the area. Dressed in black and looking around menacingly, they seemed to be on high alert.

Jinzo's heart pounded in his chest as he took a deep breath and stepped forward. He knew that he had to be careful if he wanted to avoid any trouble.

They suddenly stopped as he approached the guards and stared at him intently. Jinzo's mind raced as he tried to think of what to do next.

But then, to his surprise, the guards recognized him as Hanzo's son and assumed that he had come to pay his debt. They immediately backed off and allowed him to enter the building without any trouble.

Jinzo breathed a sigh of relief as he made his way inside. However, he couldn't shake the feeling that he was being watched and remained on high alert as he made his way through the building.

As Jinzo entered the building, one of the guards caught sight of him and immediately sprang into action. Without a word, he turned on his heel and disappeared down a flight of stairs leading to the basement.

Meanwhile, down in the basement, Yuji stood in a dimly lit room. The buzzing of fluorescent bulbs cast an eerie glow on the walls, illuminating the tense expressions of the many guards standing watch.

Yuji loomed in the dimly lit room. His eyes were as black as coal, and they seemed to bore into anyone who dared to meet his gaze. With a strong jawline and chiseled facial features, he appeared as if he were carved from stone.

His dark brown hair was styled in a sleek undercut, and it only served to accentuate the menace in his gaze. His black suit was tailored to perfection, hugging his frame tightly and emphasizing his tall and lean build.

Yuji's black eyes bore into his victim, who sat in a chair, his body tense with fear. The man had black hair and eyes that matched Yuji's own, but he lacked the same steely determination and power that Yuji possessed. His gaze was downcast, and he seemed on the verge of passing out at any moment.

Yuji regarded the man with a cold, calculating stare. His lips curled into a cruel smile as he leaned forward, his fi pressed together in a steeple.

"You think you can deceive me, but I know what you're up to," Yuji growled. "You've been scheming, and I'm not going to let you get away with it."

The person before him, however, remained defiant, rejecting all of Yuji's accusations with an air of cool detachment. "I don't know what you're talking about," the man replied, their voice steady and controlled. "I'm not plotting anything."

Yuji's eyes narrowed, his patience wearing thin. He took a step closer, looming over the man seated before him. "You expect me to believe that?" he snarled. "I have eyes and ears everywhere. I know everything that goes on in this city. And I know that you're a traitor."

The person's expression remained unchanged, but there was a hint of fear in their eyes as Yuji leaned in closer. "I have ways of making you talk," Yuji hissed. "You can either confess now and save yourself some pain, or you can continue to lie to me and suffer the consequences."

The person's resolve wavered, and for a moment, it seemed as if they might break. As the tense interrogation continued, a sudden interruption shattered the silence. Another guard burst into the room, completely oblivious to the gravity of the situation. "Boss, Jinzo is here to meet you," he announced in a casual tone

Yuji's attention snapped toward the guard. "Jinzo?" he repeated, his voice laced with suspicion. He fell silent for a moment, deep in thought. "Hanzo's son?" he mused, his mind racing.

Yuji shook his head firmly. "Tell him I'm not here," he said, his tone leaving no room for argument. "Im busy right now."The guard nodded briskly and turned on his heel, his steps quickening as he made his way to Yuji's room.

Meanwhile, Jinzo ascended the dimly lit stairwell, his footsteps echoing through the empty corridor. He knew Yuji's room was on the top floor of the building, but finding it was proving to be more difficult than he had anticipated. Finally, he spotted a guard walking down the hall, and he quickened his pace to catch up.

"Hey you," Jinzo called out, trying to catch the guard's attention.

The guard turned around, eyeing Jinzo with suspicion. "What do you want?"

"I'm looking for Yuji's room," Jinzo said, his tone firm.

The guard hesitated for a moment, then nodded his head. "It's at the end of the hall, the last door on the right," he said, before continuing on his way.

Jinzo arrived at Yuji's room, it was guarded by 2 men, blocking the entrance. As they saw Jinzo one of them said, "State your purpose"

"I want to meet Yuji to discuss my debt," said Jinzo

"Yuji is not here at the moment." replied the guard coldly.

"Perfect," he thought to himself, his expression unreadable. "Tell Yuji to come to my apartment tomorrow, and I'll pay off my debt there," he confidently instructed the guard.

"Why should we do that?" questioned the other guard, suspicion clear in his voice.

With a swift motion, he pulled out a wad of cash, flashing it before the guard's eyes. "Because I'll pay you to deliver the message," he replied.

The guard's expression softened as he glanced at the money, then back at him. "I guess that will do," he agreed, reaching out to take the cash.

Jinzo nodded and made his way back to his apartment, the streets empty and silent as the darkness of the night enveloped him. He couldn't shake off the feeling of unease that had been creeping up on him ever since he left Yuji's place.

As he entered his apartment, he let out a sigh of relief, glad to finally be back in the safety of his own home. He walked over to the window and gazed out at the city below, the twinkling lights providing a strange sense of comfort.

Jinzo didn't even change his clothes, he was exhausted from the events of the day. He went straight to his bedroom and saw the dresser remembering an old memory.

Jinzo hesitates for a moment before opening the top drawer of his dresser. He reaches inside and pulls out two combat knives, their cool weight heavy in his hands.

It's the same knife his father always carried with him, the one he used to teach Jinzo how to defend himself. It's the only thing the police gave him when they came to inform him about his father's death, and Jinzo clutched it tightly.

The cold metal glints in the room's dim light, and Jinzo runs his fingers along the blade, feeling its sharp edge. He knew he couldn't take down Yuji with his bare hands, he needed to be armed but the combat knife was his only choice for now.

Seeing the knife he recalled that he still hadn't been able to give his father a proper funeral. He had never even seen his father's dead body. The frustration and anger welled up inside of him until he couldn't take it anymore. He stood up abruptly and kicked over a nearby chair, sending it crashing to the ground.

His mind was a whirlwind of memories and emotions, and he struggled to keep his composure. His fists clenched so tightly that his knuckles turned white, and he felt his heart racing in his chest. The memories of his father's death, the unanswered questions, and the pain of not having a proper closure washed over him like a tidal wave, threatening to drown him in its intensity.

He felt a hot, seething rage building up inside him, and he struggled to contain it. But it was like trying to hold back a storm, and he knew he was losing the battle. He wanted to scream, to smash everything in sight, to unleash his fury on the world around him. The knife in his hand felt heavy, and he felt the temptation to use it to vent his anger.

But he knew that wouldn't solve anything. He couldn't bring his father back, and hurting himself or others would only compound his pain. He took a deep breath, trying to calm himself down, but it felt like a drop in the ocean. The memories of his father's death and the fact that he had never seen his body overwhelmed him, and tears stung his eyes.

He closed his eyes, trying to shut out the memories and the pain, but they only seemed to intensify. He felt like he was suffocating, drowning in his grief and anger. He wanted to run away, to escape the overwhelming emotions, but he knew he couldn't. He had to face them head-on, no matter how difficult it was.

Slowly, he opened his eyes and looked around him. The rage had subsided, but the pain was still there, a constant ache in his heart. He felt exhausted and drained of all energy, but somehow he found the strength to stand up and face the world again. 

"I'm sorry, dad," he whispered into the darkness. "I wish I could have done more for you. I wish I could have given you the funeral you deserved."

As he began to calm down, he instinctively pulled the warm blanket over his shoulders, taking comfort in its soft embrace."I only got one chance, ling journey can not lose this at all costs." He reminds himself. With such thoughts, he slowly drifts to sleep...

Author's Note:

Make sure to add it to your library!  

1