He Fen’s Victory
151 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 201 - He Fen's Victory

Blaze!

He Fen's flames continued to rage on his opponent. Bao Jong-Su tried to resist, but gradually his defensive layer of spirit power gave way, and with it also his chances of victory. So, he opted for escape even if it would leave him exposed to He Fen's counterattack. But right now, it was his only option.

"Aaaahhhh!" with a liberating scream, Bao Jong-Su braced himself and came out of the two fire streams. On his face, you could see signs of pain and fatigue as if he was about to give way.

"Flame Rotating Discs!"

He Fen knew he couldn't let go now that he was so close to victory. Therefore, as soon as Bao Jong-Su came out of his technique, he interrupted the technique and put out the flames. Then he threw the Wheel of Wind and Fire in his hand while manipulating the other with his mind. In an instant, the two weapons moved, cutting through the air in Bao Jong-Su's direction.

Blaze!

The Wheels of Wind and Fire struck Bao Jong-Su in full swing from front and back, reviving the flames that had tormented him a moment ago. Bao Jong-Su then collapsed to the ground exhausted while Song Yazhu declared the end of the fight.

"The winner of this fight is He Fen."

The audience welcomed He Fen's announcement with great applause, and the young man of the He Family put down his flames, freeing his opponent from that fiery torment. Then he went back to his companions, happy to have obtained the victory.

'I've done it. I won. Have you seen it, Uncle Lim? Report it to the family. I, He Fen, won't allow my sister's future to be ruined by your political plans, Elders. If the family needs new strength, then I will become that new force.' He Fen thought as he glanced at the grandstand where the important figures invited to the tournament sat.

He Lim noticed He Fen's gaze and could understand more or less what the young man was thinking. However, he remained impassive as he returned He Fen's gaze.

'You have become strong He Fen, but that doesn't change anything. We need that alliance, and your sister is the only one who can allow us to have it. We told you, if you want to change her fate, then you must become as strong as the children of the Eight Big Families. If you also win the next round, your opponent will be Feng Chen. If you beat him too, then you will have fulfilled the condition we have imposed on you.'

While He Fen was returning victorious from Hei and the others, Song Yazhu made a public announcement inside the stadium.

"Group A fights are over. From the initial 16 fighters, there are only 8 left. We will take a short break now and then begin the Group B fights. "

*

"Nice job He Fen. I knew you were going to win." Leon said to He Fen. The others also congratulated him on his victory.

"Congratulations, He Fen. We will be adversaries in the next round." Xinya said with a sincere smile.

"Yeah. We will be adversaries. I'll tell you from now, but I'm not going to lose." He Fen replied, showing his fighting spirit.

"The same goes for me. As one of His Highness Long Tian's guards, I can't be weak."

The two then exchanged a vigorous handshake. During the academic period, Long Tian and Hei's groups had spent a lot of time together and knew how strong they were. This tournament would be the right occasion to show their full potential. Meanwhile, two people were approaching the two groups. They were Wani Garret and Pablo Cortés, respectively, the winners of Group A's second and third match.

"HU JIE!" Wani Garret shouted as he uncovered the row of sharp metal teeth whose lethality was shown against the poor Irene Davidson. Pablo Cortés remained silent while his eyes rested on Hei.

"Garret. You are noisy. What do you want? "Hu Jie answered defiantly.

"What do I want? You know it very well. Tomorrow is the day when I will win against you and show everyone that the Metal Crocodile's Bloodline is superior to the White Tiger. That the Wani Family is the number one Family of Metal Law users."

"Hahaha. Did you come here to provoke me? We can also not wait until tomorrow and resolve the issue here and now. Or don't you have balls? Unlike you, I don't fight for complicated matters like honor and reputation. I fight because I want to be the strongest, that's all. I don't need others to tell me I'm strong. I know how strong I am and how much more I need to improve." Hu Jie bluntly replied, showing all his fighting spirit.

Wani Garret responded by discovering even more sharp teeth in a sort of animal smile. His eyes sparkled with euphoria as he prepared to respond to Hu Jie's provocation.

"Hu Jie. Wani Garret."

Suddenly, Long Tian called the names of the two quarrels who stopped before they could land an attack.

"Right. The academy prohibits unauthorized combat. Okay." Hu Jie replied casually.

Wani Garret, on the other hand, appeared less carefree than Hu Jie. The one who had called him was none other than the Imperial Prince Long Tian. It was known that Wani Garret had also tried to make contact with him but in vain. Despite the Wani Family's influence, this wasn't enough to stand alongside one of the Imperial Princes.

"I apologize, His Highness. I got carried away by the heat of the moment. Hu Jie, we will end our business tomorrow once and for all." Wani Garret said before leaving from there with a disgruntled face. He wanted to put pressure on Hu Jie but instead ended up almost losing his patience and being reprimanded by Long Tian.

Now, only Pablo Cortés remained. He had remained silent until now, but he also had something to say. "Hei. I can't wait to face you tomorrow. I will show you the strength of my spirit beasts and show that I am the best beast tamer in the whole academy."

Hei remained unmoved by such a challenge, merely responding with a flat tone. "You probably are. Besides, I can't be considered exactly a beast tamer. But on one thing, you can be sure - the power of my spirit beasts is superior to any other beast you can send out. Even if you send all four of the spirit beasts you used before, my Xing and Ye can wipe them out without any problems."

After hearing this, Pablo Cortés' eyebrows furrowed to the point of becoming very thin. "What did you say? Are you saying that in a 4 vs. 2, your spirit beasts would win anyway?"

It was absurd. His spirit beasts were all first-class spirit beasts. He could understand if Hei said that the two spirit beasts he possessed weren't inferior to his. But here, Hei was talking about a 4 vs. 2. As strong as Hei's spirit beasts were, there was no way this was true.

"Yes, that's what I said, although there is one thing to specify. It is not a 4 vs. 2 but a 5 vs. 3. As beast tamers, we must take the field alongside our companions instead of looking the fight from the rear."

"Hahaha. I'm really curious if the words you just said are reality. I hope you won't change your mind tomorrow. 5 vs. 3 ... I really want to see it."

Saying this, Pablo Cortés left while laughing. He didn't believe Hei's words at all and strongly doubted that Hei would accept a handicapped fight. No matter how strong he was, Hei couldn't bridge the gap of two first-class spirit beasts.

However, when Hei said this, he was serious. He believed every word he said, and tomorrow he would ask Song Yazhu to allow Pablo Cortés to use all his four spirit beasts. It wasn't a matter of arrogance or contempt of the opponent; he simply had so much confidence in his little sisters' abilities.

'"The break is over. It's time to start with Group B fights. The first pair of fighters to take the field are the Imperial Prince Long Tian and Xie Guanyu from the Xie Family."

Long Tian's announcement brought Hei and everyone else to mind. Group A fights were over, but Group B fights were still missing. There were still 16 more fighters waiting and 8 winners to be proclaimed. It was still long before the day was over.

Hearing his name, Long Tian prepared to take the field. He received cheers from his guards as well as those from Hu Ji and Feng Chen. Hei also nodded to him as if he knew that Long Tian would have no problems.

Long Tian, therefore, walked through the open corridor that some of his companions had already walked before and finally arrived at the fighting stage. Just behind him, there was also Xie Guanyu, who wasn't showing on the outside the slightest trace of concern, although his opponent was none other than the Imperial Prince.

"Let the fight begin."

Without pausing any longer, Song Yazhu proclaimed the start of the match. He knew that the audience was eager as one of the two fighters was Long Tian. After all, the members of the Imperial Family remained to study inside the Capital. Meanwhile, Long Tian had chosen instead to go to the Southern Royal War Academy, which was very unusual, even though the academy's principal was a member of the Imperial Family. Since the Imperial Princes were also called candidates as the next Sun Emperor, all the people present in the stadium were curious to know the real power of Long Tian.

"Long Tian, ​​I am happy that you are my first opponent. Imperial Prince or not, I will win. You will be my stepping stone to establish myself as the best of this generation. Besides, I know the truth - you ran away from the Capital because of your weakness! In comparison with the other Imperial Princes, you are inferior, and you haven't been able to stand the comparison."

Xie Guanyu came out with a somewhat offensive provocation. He didn't care if Long Tian was one of the Imperial Princes; that title didn't matter inside the academy. Furthermore, his words came from the rumors he heard after Long Tian unexpectedly decided to enroll at the Southern Royal War Academy rather than staying in the Capital like his other brothers.

Why would one give up a first-class education from the most powerful family of the Empire? Considering that there was also the matter of the succession to the throne, staying in the Capital was more profitable as you would have had the chance to meet the most influential people of the Empire. As rumors like that circulated, Xie Guanyu thought that Long Tian had come to play the big fish's role in a small pond rather than staying at home and being an insignificant fish in the ocean.

"If you really believe what you say, why are you standing there? Come over and defeat me. Don't you consider me inferior to you? So, take me down. Or are you afraid? Afraid that the rumors about me aren't real and that you will only end up ridiculing yourself? "Long Tian didn't give a precise answer, nor did he appear angry at the slander launched by his opponent. He replied with another provocation.

Hearing this, Xie Guanyu's relaxed expression went dark. Indeed, despite believing those rumors, the possibility that they weren't true remained. What if there was another reason behind the choice of Long Tian? But no matter how much he thought about it, he couldn't guess the reason behind such an irrational action.

"Death Scorpion Bloodline, Activate!"

Since he wasn't sure that the rumors were true, he decided to go all out right away. Therefore, he activated his bloodline while a metal rope, ending with a sharp point of several centimeters long, came out from behind his back. From the outside, it gave the impression of being the tail of a scorpion.

"Darkness Law, Scorpion Claw!" Two dark masses began to form on Xie Guanyu's hands to form two black scorpion claws. Now, more than a human, Xie Guanyu gave the feeling of being a scorpion.

3