Chapter 2: World Selection
137 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"And done. Congratulations, you are now part of the team. As I said earlier, I will be your consultant. I will not order you around and tell you what you want. I will only consult and advise you on completing your assignment the fastest and efficiently possible."

I nod in understanding.

"Fair enough."

"Good. Now, as an agent of our company, you will be given a starting point. This point is our currency in this place. A regular agent will get points depending on the world they choose. The higher the tier, the more points they get. However, the danger is also getting bigger. There are eleven tiers of the world you can choose from. We already separate them into three. Easy, medium, and hard. Easy is a tier-1 to tier-4 world. By choosing this, you will be sent to a rather peaceful world where the main conflict is the one created by our agent. The medium world is from tier-5 to tier-8. These worlds already have a problem but have escalated by our agents. The hard world is from tier-9 to tier-11. These worlds have a conflict that spans across the galaxy and even the universe or multiverse in the case of tier-11. Choose which one you want."

I think for a few seconds and say.

"What do you recommend?"

"Depend. Do you want to start with a slow start? That means a world where you will not get much training and limit how much you can grow because of the world's rules, or do you want to start quite hard but have enough time to grow?"

"You know what? The second one. As long as I have time before the conflict, I'm good. I'm willing to learn and improve myself."

"And that is another reason why we want you on our team. You are willing to learn and listen to suggestions. Many people ignore my suggestion and die because they think that all the power we give them will immediately reach its maximum power. They need to train and make their body get used to their power, but no. They did not do that. They think they get instant power and quickly go to a higher tier world."

Vy continues to rant for a few seconds before he coughs and says.

"Sorry about that. A lot of agents under my management are idiots."

"Don't worry about it. However, why do you guys hire them?"

"Because most of our recruits are the lowest of the low. A regular agent only needs them to stamp the goods; we will do the rest. Most of our agents are what the people in Japan call "creep NEET."

"Ah, say no more."

The Ugly Bastard type, huh? I might not watch hentai that often anymore, but in the past, I watched some hentai involving an Ugly Bastard. Usually, they get powers like hypnosis, time freeze, and outright brainwashing. I don't like that genre and only rarely see it.

"Yes. You can imagine what is inside their mind when they get a job in the company. They stamp anyone with tits and vagina."

"That is correct. Some of them grow into valuable agents, but most of them do not. Of course, we also recruit someone with great potential as a contractor, but that is rare. We have a rule we need to follow. I will not bore you with that rule because you are not a law division of our company. I think it is time for me to explain the world you can choose."

"Please."

He nods and claps his hand. A second later, a screen appears from the ceiling. The screen shows me five symbols. The first one is a stag and lion inside one symbol. The second one is a gray wolf on a white background. The third one is a stag inside a red heart surrounded by fire. The fourth one is a black stag on a yellow background. The last one is a squid on black background.

I know those symbols.

"It looks like you already know these symbols, good. This is the ASOIAF world, the book continuity. This is a tier-5 world because magic is more active in this world than in the one in the book and the movie. Not only that, because of our agent, the Night King has three dragons. You need to defeat him, and his dragon before the world is doomed. You have one year to train before the Night King moves from his castle in the north. If you choose this world, you will get 225 points, and after you finish the quest, you will get another hundred as your reward."

Vy snaps his finger and the picture changes. The next is a picture of a young man wearing a blue shirt, holding a sword and shield, and watching the horizon.

"Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. Do you know it?"

"I know it, but I never played it."

"I see. Then this will be a little hard for you. In this world, you need to kill Ganondorf in place of Link."

"Huh? What happened to Link?"

"Because of our stupid agent, he gets the triforce and wishes that Link is never born. You can imagine the result."

"Yeah, that is stupid. What is he thinking?"

"Nothing. He thinks nothing. That bastard thinks nothing. If not for his soul already devoured by the patron, I will burn his soul for millions of years! Ahem! Anyway, this world is a tier-5 world. You have one year before Ganondorf is powerful enough to break the seal. You will get 225 points at first and a hundred points after completing this mission. Next!"

The next picture is of a man, a cat, and a big dog fighting against what looks like a giant gorilla. I know this one. I remember that gorilla. I fought it in the past, inside the game.

"That one is Monster Hunter."

"That's right. Monster Hunter Rise. This world is a tier-6 world. There are many dangers in this world in the form of monsters but more importantly, the Elder Dragon. Your job in this world is to fight and prevent the Kamura Villages from being destroyed by the horde of monsters coming their way."

"That is a normal thing in that kind of world, right? They should be okay."

"If our agent does not mess something up in that world, yes. Sadly, she thinks she can beat the horde of monsters alone and lure more than three hundred monsters to Kamura Village. You can imagine what will happen next."

"Yeah, bad thing."

"Because of this, our patron reset that world to the time before she gets there and eats her soul before she can cause a problem. However, there is a catch. Because of our patron's energy, some of the monsters are stronger than before. The mission for this world is to kill a monster called Magnamalo. This monster is more powerful than before and appears before it is supposed to appear. It will appear one year after you arrive. You need to kill it, and once you do that, you will get one hundred and twenty points added alongside your first 365 points. Those are the three choices I recommend. I have more worlds, but these are perfect for your needs."

I look at the three pictures in front of me for a few seconds and say.

"I will take the third option."

5