003: Evolution II
229 4 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“All of you are requested to remain in your positions! I will kill anyone who tries to move towards the square.”

As soon as the military goblin, Mikazuki August, finished reading the prompt, he attempted to keep the situation under control through a death threat. But, Ragnar could feel the gazes of all the surrounding goblins change.

The present Goblin Union was powerful and prosperous. It had steered the goblins towards the path of science which had limited the physical power of an individual goblin to Grade1 in this magical plane.

However, Ragnar could see that just with this one prompt, GM(Game Master) behind this real life survival game had pushed the goblins back to the path of evolution.

Nature was cruel, and so was this plane. The insects would eat the mosquitoes, only to become food for the birds. 

'Survival of the fittest!' Ragnar could already imagine the huge amount of blood which would be shed at this magical square today.

Just as Ragnar was contemplating the current situation, Ecbert, Sorle and Ivar moved in a tacit coordination.

Ecbert confronted the soldier Mikazuki, Sorle jumped into the square through the translucent wall and Ivar threw a dark skinned weak HobGoblin inside the square.

Just as the two goblins stood up face to face inside the square, a small window once again emerged in front of every goblin's eyes.

[Evolution Round begins! Any goblin who tries to enter the square to intervene in the sacred duel will perish.]

“Rollo, you have such a bad luck!” Sorle could not help but say as he playfully smiled at Rollo. Their group decided to throw a random weak goblin inside the square with him to understand the rules of the game, and they ended up throwing a fellow classmate from GIT.

"I don't plan to die without a fight!" Unexpectedly, Rollo said with a calm face.

Sorle immediately started running towards Rollo as Rollo finished his sentence. Using his superior strength as a Goblin Noble, he took him down onto the floor and fiercely started punching his face.

Just as the dark skinned HobGoblin, Rollo was about to lose his life in the hands of Goblin Noble Sorle.

"Hold his neck and flip over behind his back." 

"Put all your strength in the middle and ring finger and hit him at the center of his head from behind him."

Ragnar's voice rang out in the metro.

At this moment of dire peril, Rollo instinctively followed the voice's orders. Summoning all his remaining strength, he grabbed Sorle's neck and flipped over behind his back. He proceeded to hit with his two fingers at the center of Sorle's head. 

~ Drop.

Sorle fainted and dropped to the ground.

'I cannot believe it. I turned the tables on Sorle.' Rollo was startled and elated. He immediately flipped around the Goblin Noble, Sorle who had fainted on his stomach.

"Gi-aaargh. Motherf*cker!" Rollo let out a horrible shriek of anger as he started raining down punches at Sorle's face.

~ Punch.

He would land a hit all over Sorle's face with all his strength. 

~ Punch, Punch.

Rollo crazily punched Sorle until his head was covered in green blood when suddenly, Sorle awoke.

"Gi-gargh, let .. me .. go .. please"

Sorle’s faint pleading voice became fainter and fainter as it painfully pierced through all the goblin’s ears.

However, Rollo continued to constantly hit him again and again as he endlessly despised him.

“F*cking Loser Noble! Bullying Weak! Fearing Strong! Motherf*cker! YOU OVERESTIMATED YOURSELF!”

"He is dead." Nandini muttered standing beside Ragnar.

Sorle’s corpse turned into a red light and circled around Rollo before being absorbed through his mouth. 

As Rollo stood up, he blankly stared into space and muttered.

“Strength, Agility, Psyche...”

He suddenly tried to run.

~Run.

All the goblins were shocked as Rollo was unbelievably fast. He was on the level of Goblin Mechbot's speed.

“What is this sensation? I feel like I am faster than wind! Is this the so called Ether energy?”

All the goblins spectating the square were surprised. It was because they had personally witnessed a HobGoblin kill a Goblin Noble and become stronger well past his racial limits.

'They were not limited by societal and evolution chains of the plane anymore.' All the goblin had the same thought.

Suddenly, Ragnar moved towards a Goblin Noble and threw him inside the square. Every goblin once again saw the same small window.

[Evolution Round begins! Any goblin who tries to enter the square to intervene in the sacred duel will perish.]

"Rollo, didn't he bully you as well? Kill him. Since it is already at this point, I will throw all the shitty goblin nobles in and you kill them. Advance to the next stage and I will meet up with you there." Ragnar said to him from outside the square.

With tacit coordination, Ragnar and Rollo killed nine more goblin nobles while Nandini watched Ragnar's display, absolutely shocked.

Just as Rollo killed the tenth goblin on the square and absorbed his Ether into him, a small window emerged in front of his eyes.

[Strong will live whereas weak will die, Congratulations! Race Evolution: Goblin Noble.]

Rollo felt his whole body shattering as Ether moved around inside his body. He began to grow bigger and bigger without showing any signs of stopping until he was about 189cm tall. He was now a tall, muscular Goblin Noble. Even his muscles had become more defined.

'An evolution achieved through killing and an evolution achieved through science such as the current Goblin Union's nobles is fundamentally different. Rollo's evolution method is definitely superior!' Ragnar pondered. 

A space portal appeared in front of Rollo as he finished his evolution. 

"Thanks, Ragnar." Rollo expressed his gratitude to Ragnar Kalwar.

However, Ragnar laughed at his thanks.

“Wait for me at the next scene!”

Rollo shook his head in amusement as he walked into the portal.

For the readers, who have read the old version Goblin Plane:
Rollo is back with a bang!

6