Chapter 1 – Beginnings And New Beginnings
659 1 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The door swung open. Walked in, a man wearing a suit and dark sunglasses.

"Boss." The office chair whirled around and sitting in it, a sixteen year girl with long orange hair looking at a photo in her right hand.

"Everything is set, we're ready when you are."

"Good" she replied. "We'll leave in ten minutes. Tell everyone to stand by outside." "Right." The man responded. He turned around and started to exit. As he is halfway through the door, he stopped and turned around.

"Fumiko, are you sure about this?" Fumiko looked up from the photo.

"Sure about what?" She replids with an angry tone.

"I just thought that we should go over the plan. It’s dangerous." He told her.

Fumiko put the photo down on the desk and walked up to him.

"Hiro, you've known me since I was a little girl. You were the first one to comfort me after my father's death. You've practically been my father since then."

Fumiko continued to get closer until she was face to face with Hirokazu.

"You also know how long I've been waiting for this day. I need to do this. This is the only way I can avenge him."

"I understand that." Hirokazu responded. "I miss Dairoku too." he told her as he looked down and stared at his black shoes. "But even still, it’s for that very reason that I dont want you to do this. Please, reconsider. This old man doesn’t want to lose anyone anymore.”

Fumiko walked back to her desk and pick up the photo of her and her father. "Tell everyone to go outside. I won’t say it again." She told him again, her back still turned to him.

"Right." he replied. As he left, he closed the door.

"Just wait, father." Fumiko spoke to herself. "I kill that bastard for you."

She put away the photo away in her pocket and walked out of her office. As she headed down the stairs, she saw Masou, 21 year old who is a new member of the Akazawa group, fumbling around and eventually, dropping all the bullets he was trying to load into a gun he was holding.

"Masou." Fumiko said with a sigh. "What are you still doing here? I thought I told Hiro to tell everyone to wait outside.”

Masou looked up from the bullets he just spilled and realizes that he just messed up in front of the boss. “Boss!” he said as he got up frantically. “Hirokazu did tell everyone to wait outside but he gave me his gun and told me to load it for him.”

“Well finish up and get your ass outside. Don’t ruin this day for me.” Fumiko responded. “Oh, that’s right.” Masou replied. “Today’s the day you guys have been preparing for right? For four years you guys have been preparing weapons and cars just for today.”

Fumiko walked up to him and punched him in the stomach. “If you understand that then hurry up.” She told him in an even angrier tone than the one she used for Hirokazu.

“Right.” He responded with tears in his eyes.

 Fumiko went outside and waiting for her is the entire Akazawa group which consisted of 29 members and multiple black cars.

“Boss.” Fumiko looked to her right and standing there is Kenji, who’s been a member of the group since her father was in charge. He held out a gun.

“Your gun, boss. Today’s the day huh.” Kenji said as he handed the gun to her. “I’ve waited for this day.”

Fumiko smiled as she put the gun into her back pocket. “Me too.” She replied.

“Also.” Kenji said as he reached for a brief case on the wall behind him. “This is for you.”

Fumiko took the case, put it on the ground and opened it. Inside, a sheathed sword. Fumiko pick up the sword, unsheathed it and held up to the night sky. The moonlight shone on the sword so brightly that she can see her reflection.

“It’s your fathers own.” Hirokazu said as he approaches Fumiko and Kenji. “It fits you.”

“I’m going to stab the bastard with this.” Fumiko said as she sheathed the sword and strapped it to her back.

“Where’s my gun?” Hirokazu asked Kenji.

“Masou had it when I was coming out.” He replied.

The automatic doors of the Akazawa group’s building opened and rushing out of it, Masou holding Hirokazu’s gun.

“Hirokazu.” He says as he bended over to catch his breath. “Your gun.”

Hirokazu took it. “Took you long enough boy.” Hirokazu checked the gun, then nodded at Fumiko. Fumiko nodded back at him, then addressed the members of her group who have been standing in front of the cars.

“Todays the day. The day most of us dreamed of. I know I certainly have, ever since I was twelve. The day we get our revenge against the Kabane group for killing my father.” Fumiko raised her gun in the air. The other members did the same. “Let’s go!” She screams at the group. They reply with roaring approval.

20 minutes after the Akazawa group got into the cars, they arrived at the front of the Kabane group’s building.

“It took 4 years the find them.” Kenji said.

“4 years too long.” Fumiko replied.

“Stick to the plan.” Hirokazu reminded Fumiko.

“I know Hiro. You don’t have to tell me. One of the black cars that we brought has explosives attached in it and it’s driven by a computer system. Once it rams into the front of the building, we blow it up and go in when I give the signal.”

“Good.” Hirokazu replied. “Now we wait.”

2 minutes later, a black car drives into the building and blows up. Fumiko got out the car and fired her gun twice into the air.

“GO!” She yelled and everyone got out of the cars and rushed inside gunning down everyone who survived the blast.

“Head up the stairs! That’s where the bastard is hiding.” Fumiko commanded at the members of her group.

As they headed up the many flights of the stairs, the Akazawa group shot and killed everyone who stood in their way. When they arrived room where Kabane, the leader, was hiding, they blasted it open with a grenade. Masou charged in lost in all the confusion.

“Boy! What are you doing!? Stick to the plan!” Hirokazu yelled at him.

“There’s nobody here.” Masou said as turns around back towards Hirokazu.

The second he turned his back, Kabane popped up behind a desk, pointing a pistol at the back of Masou.

“BOY, LOOK OUT!” Hirokazu yelled.

Masou turned around in fear and saw the gun fixed on him. He closed his eyes when he heard the gunshot and waited for the pain of being shot to register. He waited second, then two. He didn’t still feel anything. He opened his eyes to see Fumiko, in front of him.

“Boss!” He cried out as she crumpled to the ground. Kenji fired a bullet at into Kabane’s head and he dropped down behind the desk.

“Why boss?! Why?” Masou sobbed with tears in his eyes.

 “Why….I wonder.” Fumiko replied painfully.

“Fumiko!” Hirokazu cried out.

“Hiro..I-”  She started to cough up blood.

Kenji crouched down and saw the bullet hole in her chest.

“It’s bad, Hirokazu.” He told him with grief in is voice.

“Fumiko!” “Boss!” Hirokazu and Masou wailed. Fuimiko could only hear the voices of the Akazawa group as she slowly faded out of consciousness.

“Boss!”

“Fumiko!”

“Rei”

When she opened her eyes she found herself laying in a bed. She stared at the wooden celling above her.

“Where am I?” Fumiko closed her eyes and thought herself.

“Rei…Rei” The voice wouldn’t stop. Fumiko thought the voice was in her head. After a couple of more times she couldn’t take it anymore. She opened her eyes and looked to her left. Standing there, was a girl who looked no more the age of 7, with red hair and red eyes.

“Who is this kid?” Fumiko said to herself.

“Who?” The little girl was surprised. “I’m your little sister.” She answered.

“Sister?” Fumiko replied. “We look nothing alike.”

“But we do.” The little girl said.

She took her hand and dragged Fumiko out of the bed, to a nearby mirror.

“See.” The girl said. When Fumiko looked her the mirror, she saw an older version of the little girl in the room. The girl in the mirror had long wild red hair and red eyes.    

7