The Lazy Archer
882 4 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

'Mo Fen...' If there was a name Mo Xi did not want to hear at this point in time, it was Mo Fen! Mo Xi felt that if one of his senior brothers returned he wouldn't be worried as much, but this was Mo Fen!

"Has he broken through?" Mo Xi asked, immediately he said it, he felt it was a stupid question, how could Mo Fen not have broken through? 

"He did and not just once." Mo De looked as Mo Xi's expression turned hideous.

"Dammit, dammit, dammit! He can not take away my chance, I will not allow it!" Mo Xi shouted furiously. He looked down at the apples all over the floor, and instantly blasted out his sword Qi and the apples were incinerated into bits. He turned towards the serving girl, and seeing how horrified her expression was, he tightly clenched his fists and controlled his emotions.

"Fu Min, please let's start over." He said gently. "But please be a bit slower, as I get better controlling my balance and attacking, you can speed up."

"Yes young master."

---

As Mo Zuo was heading towards the clan's library, he passed by the current location the few members of the Ji clan were residing in. He could see a younger child practicing formations by setting up flags all around, it seemed to be a simple Qi gathering formation, but only a cool breeze was flowing towards that spot, the child looked slightly frustrated and continued working.

Mo Zuo kept on glancing around and in the center he saw three girls walking out.

'Is that Ji Yue?' Mo Zuo wondered, taking a look, it was actually Ji Yue. 

Seeing the acquaintance he met yesterday, Mo Zuo excitedly waved. But when Ji Yue saw him, she had an awkward look and weakly waved back at Mo Zuo, it was even one of the other girls walking with her who excitedly waved back at Mo Zuo.

Mo Zuo felt slightly dispirited as he thought they had formed a slight friendship, it seems he was wrong. 

"Don't take it to heart Mo Zuo, you did slightly mess up your first impression." Jason said as he comforted Mo Zuo.

Mo Zuo nodded his head and continued walking absentmindedly, he kept heading in the direction of the library till he accidentally bumped into someone.

"Sorry...." Mo Zuo said as he looked up to see who he had bumped in, he instantly felt an aura that was similar to the blitz wolf, but a bit weaker, he looked into the person's eyes and felt a still calmness, there was a bow strung across his back and a full quiver.

"Oh Mo Zuo... Long time." The person lazily replied and slowly walked away.

Mo Zuo was shocked that he would feel such an aura from someone of a similar age to him! Seeing the bow and arrow on the person, he could think of only one person.

"Mo Fen..." Mo Zuo muttered softly, that is definitely Mo Fen!

Recalling some memories, the Mo clan once had three male children born in a similar time period, namely; Mo Xi, Mo Zuo and Mo Fen! That was a time for celebration for the Mo clan, as Mo Zuo and Mo Fen were the first male children of the first and second elders, Mo Zhi and Mo Peng respectively.

Of the three, Mo Xi was the most diligent in cultivation, and he even started months earlier than his two cousins.

When Mo Zuo began his cultivation, he had trouble even entering the first stage of the Qi gathering realm, and struggle after struggle, Mo Zuo could not advance.

But Mo Fen was a different case entirely, he was generally called the laziest, but had talent blessed by the Gods! with time he soon caught up with Mo Xi and quickly moved on to surpass him.

The members of the clan started joking around that all of Mo Zuo's talent was stolen by Mo Fen, and that all of the results of Mo Xi's hard work in cultivation was being stolen by Mo Fen.

All these rumors negatively affected the former Mo Zuo and Mo Xi, and they slowly felt discouraged from cultivating. 

That was until the incident happened, and from then on Mo Fen became a rarely seen figure in the Mo clan, he even abandoned the sword, and became an archer.

"So strong!" Mo Zuo communicated to Jason.

Jason was also shocked at how Mo Fen was so powerful, 'What on earth is this!'

"Jason, we are so weak right now, isn't there a way for me to possible level up, as fast as possible?" Mo Zuo inquired.

"For now, I'm not seeing anything good so far, but its not only cultivation levels that matter, Mo Zuo, it's the skills too." 

Mo Zuo softly clenched his fists and stared at Mo Fen walking away. "I'll let him be my goal for now!"

If any other member of the Mo clan could have heard the words Mo Zuo had just uttered, it was unknown if they'd die laughing or die from shock!

Mo Zuo finally arrived in front of the Mo clan's library, it was quiet large and had more than 4 floors! The first two floors were open to Mo Zuo and he could pick any skill book he needed.

As he was about to enter, he met Elder Mo Fu inside, he softly greeted him and proceeded to enter.

Mo Fu looked at Mo Zuo then continued writing down insights on a scroll. 

Mo Zuo looked around the library and the various sections, he then began heading straight to the martial arts section but heard a voice call him back.

"Wait, in Dao Seeker, what weapon did you use?" Jason asked.

"I used a sword, why?" Mo Zuo asked.

"That's good, because I'm actually pretty talented with a sword. I think we should focus mainly on sword arts, for now." Jason suggested.

"You know how to use a sword?" Mo Zuo asked.

"My father taught me ever since I was 5 or so."

There was slight shock on Mo Zuo's face, 'What kind of dad is that?' Mo Zuo wondered.

Mo Zuo browsed through the swords section, and there were plenty skills concerning swords in the Mo clan. 

Swords were the primary weapon of choice, except for a freak like Mo Fen, almost everyone learnt sword arts, or fist arts like Mo De and his father Mo Zhu. 

But then again there was also Mo Zhi, his physical strength was not the greatest, but because of his ability to manipulate Qi and combine it with all sorts of poison, he was one of the elders most feared in the Mo clan!

Mo Zuo picked up a sword art and began to go through it, Jason also read about it from the side, and soon enough they had finished it.

But then Jason said, "Mo Zuo, I thought of a way to read two times as fast! You could open one book on one side and another book in front of you, then use both hands to flip it."

"How would this help me read twice as fast?" Mo Zuo wondered.

"I read one book, you read another!" Jason said.

Realisation popped into Mo Zuo's face and he nodded his head excitedly, "This could work!"

Jason smiled, "One sword art skill is enough for now, we should focus on getting us a subclass!"

Mo Zuo then realised he had no class or subclass on his stats screen, and he wondered how that will come about.

Jason then said. "Why don't you pick a suitable subclass that you think you'd be good in, and as for me, I'll try and learn formations!"

"You want to go into formations?" Mo Zuo asked, he then went over to another shelf, and browsed through for any beginner level formation book, he finally stumbled upon one, and he saw that the writer of the book, was none other than a member of the Ji clan! 

The book looked quite dusty as it seemed no one had used it in over a decade! Mo Zuo dusted the book clean and dropped it on the top of the table.

"Great, so what sub class would you go into?" Jason asked.

"Alchemy!"

"You want to follow the trend in the Mo clan?" Jason asked curiously.

Mo Zuo shook his head and went over to the alchemy section, here the books looked all fresh and new, and one could easily tell they were being actively used. 

There were all sorts of books, and Mo Zuo finally stumbled upon a book that had Mo Zhi's name on it, opening it, the date dated as far back as 20 years ago! far beyond when Mo Zuo was born!. His father must have been only in his twenties by then.

He carried the two books and quietly walked over to a secluded place and sat down.

And he started flipping two books at once.

---

Elsewhere in the Mo clan, Mo Fen was slowly walking through the streets of the Mo clan, no one came over to greet him, they all had looks of pity as they saw him.

Mo Fen kept walking till he reached the former compound he had lived in, and he froze for a few seconds, he tightly clenched his shirt as pain was written on his normally expressionless face. 'Dammit!' He silently thought.

This house he grew up in had turned into the final resting place of Mo Fen's parents!

Mo Fen silently walked inside and saw the two massive and heavily decorated tombstones, and a smaller tombstone to the right.

The inside of the house was clean and well kept, it seemed the Mo clan had not forgotten them. There were fresh flowers there and he guessed it must have been Granny Mo Hu, who had placed them there. Looking at the purple and golden poppy flowers there, Mo Fen shook his head and smiled.

Though it was a beautiful flower, his mother had always hated the scent. He silently gathered up all the poppy flowers on top of the gravestone, and placed then unto the smaller one.

He looked back at the now clear grave, and decided he would go and fetch some jade iris flowers.

He slowly stood up and walked out of the house. As he was walking out, two people were observing him.

"He reminds me more and more of brother Mo Peng everyday." Mo Zhu commented.

"Mo Peng can rest easy knowing he left behind such a good son." Mo Zhi looked at Mo Fen walking away and continued, "He is just 16 and is already at the threshold of the Core formation stage!"

Mo Zhu looked at Mo Fen walking away, and felt it was a pity, if not for that incident the Mo clan would have been about to receive another expert at the Sky realm!

---

Back in the library, the sun had already set and Mo Zuo struggled to move his two hands, flipping page after page of those massive books, his hands were trembling. But looking at the new sub class on his status screen, he smiled.

---

Name            -:- Mo Zuo (16)

Cultvn           -:- Qi Gathering stage (3)

Class            -:- N/A

Subclass      -:- Apprentice Alchemist

Vitality          -:- 9.1/1.4

Qi                  -:-  1.4/1.4

PHY               -:- 2.0

DEX               -:- 1.0

Sys points   -:- 46

*Other Statistics are currently not available*

Skills -:- Path of the black mamba (Stage 2) Minor Flame skill (Stage 1) Simple Sword slash (Stage 1) Path of Pep (Sealed)

Current Quest : Go into town and catch the thief who stole your entire herb stash. Reward - 50 System points.

---

He also noticed a new Dexterity stat on his screen, it seemed since he had gained a subclass this statistic had popped up. Dexterity was like a measure of his skillfulness with his hands.

The dexterity stat would also be helpful in his sword play, so Mo Zuo was quite happy to have unlocked it.

Mo Zuo weakly got up and slowly headed back to his compound, walking slowly back to his house, he happened to notice that his door seemed slightly different.

"Why did you stop moving?" Jason asked.

"Someone entered my house." Mo Zuo responded, and slowly backed away.

"Could it be one of the staff?"

"No, I locked it, twice." Mo Zuo said. If the door was locked once, the serving members of the house could come in and clean around.

But only the master key, could lock twice, and only it could unlock the door when it was locked twice. This was in case there was anything he wanted to keep private, he could be sure his privacy was secured.

Standing back, Mo Zuo then activated his thermal night vision, his iris turned golden, and his pupils turned into slits, he looked around the interiors of his house, and could see a figure walking around casually in his house.

Thinking back to the new quest he just received from the system: 

---

Current Quest : Go into town and catch the thief who stole your entire herb stash. Reward - 50 System points

---

"Jason, I think this is the thief the system meant!"

20